Chromebook Battery Packs

Go to solution Solved by Bananasplit_00,
1 minute ago, George Cristea said:

ill try without battery to see whats going to happen.  I mean the thing was because its density increased... I didn't want to have some problems with the freaking battery exploding ... ( I know I have good imaginary reactions but still ... I am never sure of what can happen with a battery ... still a battery - I don't know how it reacts.).

should be fine without the battery as long as you power down before pulling the cord, and go put that battery somewere safe, like NOW

Samsung Chromebooks work without battery packs ?

You know usually, the laptops if you remove the battery, you can still use it if the battery is dead... (is removed) if it is pluged to a socket... how about chrome books.. if I remove the battery  ? :/

Thank you In advance.

3 minutes ago, George Cristea said:

Samsung Chromebooks work without battery packs ?

You know usually, the laptops if you remove the battery, you can still use it if the battery is dead... (is removed) if it is pluged to a socket... how about chrome books.. if I remove the battery  ? :/

Thank you In advance.

if it has no power, it will not work

Just now, Josephdalepi said:

if it has no power, it will not work

it will have power, ill use the cable power,, but not the battery, so unless I unplug it ... it should work .. shoudnt it ?:/

it will have power, ill use the cable power,, but not the battery, so unless I unplug it ... it should work .. shoudnt it ?:/

unless samsung made the worst power delivery system ever, which i doubt

What might be the worst case scenario... not to work isn't it ? ;/ like... nothing else..

Just now, George Cristea said:

What might be the worst case scenario... not to work isn't it ? ;/ like... nothing else..

well

yeah

2 minutes ago, Josephdalepi said:

my laptop has it so you have to have the battery plugged in for it to work lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

wait

seriously?

this was a problem fixed in 2001

or earlier

thats

what the fuck?

wait

seriously?

this was a problem fixed in 2001

or earlier

thats

what the fuck?

Pavilion G6 from 2013, battery is looooooong gone and its kind of a pain but yah it has this problem

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Pavilion G6 from 2013, battery is looooooong gone and its kind of a pain but yah it has this problem

if the battery isnt in the laptop, it wont work?

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

no don't get it mate, I do have a battery in the chromebook but it kinda become big for too much charging .. since it didn't want to work without the cable... the battery was charged but didn't want to power on if the cable wasn't in... so idk what to do .. the battery keeps getting bigger and bigger.. so I don't want to replace it since is a chromebook that idont ususaly use  but still I don't want to throw it yet.

Was just wondering if I can use it without the battery in ... but with the cable power inside it.. like getting power from the cable... because on laptops you can do it .. but not sure about chromebooks

2 minutes ago, Josephdalepi said:

if the battery isnt in the laptop, it wont work?

yup, thats exactly it

2 minutes ago, George Cristea said:

no don't get it mate, I do have a battery in the chromebook but it kinda become big for too much charging .. since it didn't want to work without the cable... the battery was charged but didn't want to power on if the cable wasn't in... so idk what to do .. the battery keeps getting bigger and bigger.. so I don't want to replace it since is a chromebook that idont ususaly use  but still I don't want to throw it yet.

Was just wondering if I can use it without the battery in ... but with the cable power inside it.. like getting power from the cable... because on laptops you can do it .. but not sure about chromebooks

wait.. the battery itself is getting bigger? THAT IS REALLY FREAKING BAD MAN OMFG, that could explode in a fireball if not delt with properly....

Builds:

Spoiler

yup, thats exactly it

wait.. the battery itself is getting bigger? THAT IS REALLY FREAKING BAD MAN OMFG, that could explode in a fireball if not delt with properly....

i didnt notice that

yeah

take that bettery out NOW AND DO NOT TOUCH IT

IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING FIREPROOF, PUT IT IN THERE

ill try without battery to see whats going to happen.  I mean the thing was because its density increased... I didn't want to have some problems with the freaking battery exploding ... ( I know I have good imaginary reactions but still ... I am never sure of what can happen with a battery ... still a battery - I don't know how it reacts.).

should be fine without the battery as long as you power down before pulling the cord, and go put that battery somewere safe, like NOW

Builds:

Spoiler

hold on

is it the same size, or are the dimensions increased

don't worry .. the chromebook is not powered while I'm doing this... but where should I place the battery after removing it ? ;/

Just now, George Cristea said:

dimension increased...

take it out

do not use that battery

do not mess with it

get a new one

dispose of that one properly

4 minutes ago, Josephdalepi said:

take it out

do not use that battery

do not mess with it

get a new one

dispose of that one properly

by disposing .. what do you actually mean ... where to put it.

it actually uses same principles as a laptop.. still works without the battery and with the power cable in ... that's good. thanks for your assistance anyway ;)

Both of you

36 minutes ago, George Cristea said:

by disposing .. what do you actually mean ... where to put it.

look it up for your area

hazardous waste management is what your looking for