How fast can you read?

Chasem121

Reading fast is pointless if you're unable to process it.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

2 minutes ago, eLucid said:

This is pretty much how I feel as well. The only time when I am reading super fast is when I am skimming through the text, looking for certain words and the like. Which works really well if I am looking for numbers, which normally stand out from normal letters.

I guess reading fast can also work to get a gist of the content. But again, it's not a means of processing detailed content.

I can read in light speed but I don't guarantee I'll remember something from the text.

King of Off Topic.

750 wpm? I'd be very surprised if you understood anything you read.

I got 306 at the first try, but at least I understood what the article was about...

In the second attempt I got 730 but I barely remember anything.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

59 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

2c5OGeq.gif

yay, I could follow all of that :D

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It's sad, because in 5th grade I read at like 11-12 grade level, and now I read the same as everyone else.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

9 hours ago, eLucid said:

9 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

This is pretty much how I feel as well. The only time when I am reading super fast is when I am skimming through the text, looking for certain words and the like. Which works really well if I am looking for numbers, which normally stand out from normal letters.

I guess reading fast can also work to get a gist of the content. But again, it's not a means of processing detailed content.

8 hours ago, Merc. said:

I can read in light speed but I don't guarantee I'll remember something from the text.

8 hours ago, Sauron said:

750 wpm? I'd be very surprised if you understood anything you read.

I got 306 at the first try, but at least I understood what the article was about...

In the second attempt I got 730 but I barely remember anything.

You guys realize that there is a comprehension test as well?

9 minutes ago, Chasem121 said:

You guys realize that there is a comprehension test as well?

Yeah, so? Did you retain/understand everything you read at 750 WPM? I doubt it...

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

3 hours ago, eLucid said:

Yeah, so? Did you retain/understand everything you read at 750 WPM? I doubt it...

Yeah I did fairly well

I read as fast as I need to. Can skim quick, or read and understand. Depends on what I'm reading as well.

Does not having a second parenthesis around something bother anyone else as much as it does me? (Like if this statement was missing a second side)

I got 521, although english is not my first language so I guess I could earn another 100 or so in italian.