Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

Every one should have an SSD at least once in a lifetime to experience a good performance, especially me.

I have been putting off buying an SSD for my development VM for months, would appreciate the opportunity to save the money for my first car :D 

I think that everybody should have an SSD in there system because they will allow people to acsess essential programs quicker than hard drives.

SSD's Make Little Things Like Boot Up Or Small Or Really Any Application So Much Faster & I Would Use It As A Debian Boot Disk Instead Of "Dual Booting"

I am a suffering college student with no money to spend on parts and I have been (painfully) slowly building a pc as spendable money comes around and this would be great for the boot disk!

i don't have one as the one i always use broke, and I can't really afford another one. 

Considering how cheap ssd's are nowadays, there's no real reason not to have one at least for your boot drive.

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

Boot with an SSD is the only way to go. Boot speed in Windows 10 is less than 25 seconds, updates and installs are quick, and drive maintenance is low. One of these New Apacer SSDs would be a great addition to my rig.

My old hdd is about to die and i really want to try an ssd, I WANT TO WIN

We as a tech society have almost already gotten rid of cd drives or at least the need for them because everything is digital that is kind of the same movement SSDs have made on storage.  People do not buy them most of the time because either prices do not reflect mechanical hard drives or they do not understand the potential of an SSD.  I think this issue is due to marketing really because you can go buy a 4tb and have the storage and its cheaper but companies do not put out information that an SSD is the better way to go.

My ssd decided to die 2 weeks ago and I need it to do video editing

Specs ---->

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4790k  Motherboard: GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK RAM: 2x8Gb DDR3 2400 Corsair Vengance GPU: RX 580 Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ring SSD: Vertex4 60Gb PSU: XFX XT600 Storage: #HDD1: WD Blue 1TB #HDD2: WD Green 2TB OS: Windows 10 home

I have just upgraded from my i5 2400 with GTX550ti to an i5 6600k and GTX 970. Sadly I ran out of money for HDDs so I've reused all my old Toshiba 500GB 7200RPM For storage. An SSD would be a very huge and welcome addition to this upgrade. :P

I have a 480GB SSD and a 2TB HDD, perhaps this SSD would give me a "mass storage drive" and is faster than my Sandisk Ultra 2 I picked up for $110.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Everyone should have an SSD in order to have maximum responsiveness. I need the SSD to replace me recently failed 120gb boot drive on my system.   

On 2/8/2016 at 8:40 PM, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

I have been given an old laptop for school, it has a 160gb HDD with bad sectors. Otherwise it's decent. I'd really like to get it up and running so I can use it to program in my free period. I built a PC for a friend and I currently have a 120gb ssd in my main rig which is great, I told him he should get an ssd and he fought me every meter of the way, sayings things like "I don't need my pc to boot up fast". Once I convinced him to get one, he came up to me and said "wow, that is amazing, ssd's are great" it's great when you're right! 

Would love an SSD in my system, my hard drive has been getting slow after a couple years and 600 gb of files to sort through, I cannot wait for the thing to boot daily anymore.

FX-8350, 8GB of 'AMD' memory, a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, a GTX 650 ti 1GB and a Corsair HX 650, the best 900CAD could get in early 2012  lol jk

I want a new ssd because our family's main computer has a seven year old hard drive in it that is slower than crap and a blazing fast ssd would be awesome!

Edited by michael52399

Decreased load times in games, faster start up for programs better boot times. best storage solution for consumers

While I have many SSD, none are bigger than 128. I need MOAR!

Thanks!

It'd be nice to have an SSD for my operating system and primary programs. I've been replacing components in my Fränken-PC and an SSD would be perfect for my OS, since i've been using 8.1, Windows 10 is out now, 8.1 is a pain, and this would mean I just need to replace my audio equipment.

EDIT: Not everyone needs and SSD, as it depends on what you're using the PC for. Some things don't need the speed, and sometimes, cheaper is in fact better, but the convenience of Solid State drives is always a great luxury.

Heyoo,

So a friend of me just became single, and my friendu's pc sucks, http://prntscr.com/a065sh . This friendu of mine is studying at an e-sports high school in Norway, and I'd love to surprise my friendu with an PC Upgrade, I've already sent her ram, SSD and GPU left. I'd love to make my friendu happy again. My friendu's happiness >

If I win, I'll provide proof of me provinding an 950 / 960 to my friendu aswell as to potential giveaway price that I might win. It would mean alot for us both.

I wish you all the best of luck, may the force be with you. Stay awesome.

//Noxz

Current Build Logs : ~ "The Future is Back" ~ "NES, The Little Beast" ~

z170l || i5-6600k || Noctua something cooler || 2x16gb ddr4 || msi 1050ti superlowprofile || hdplex 260w psu

I think SSDs should be a Standard because no one should have to look at Windows loading up

I am a broke engineering student who's whole school career is dependent on my laptop. I never had a fancy laptop before but my previous one stopped working. I got a sweet thinkpad t420 off kijiji for $280 which was a killer deal in my area and it really does need the extra speed an ssd provides. Without an ssd, I definitely believe the additional 5-10seconds will hinder productivity by giving the brain a rest. I have been saving up for a 120gb ssd for $50 but I can't even spare that in my current situation although I do work part time

It's 2015. I think everyone should have an SSD at least as an OS boot drive with how far the newest pre-built laptops and desktops are ahead in that department. It's gotten cheap to the point where you could get a 128GB drive for around 40 bucks, which is just insane considering how short of a time it has been. It compensates for the lack of speed increase from current processors and graphics cards, which gives them time to work on breakthroughs to catch up.

The speed boost in startup and loading times can make all the difference, especially with how quickly technology is moving fast these days.