Opinion on CS:GO Pistols

Bob Jim

I like to play with the scout/AWP (although I am better with the scout), if my team has no AWPer already. When O do, I am always faced with a dilemma as to side arm. I currently have the CZ-75 Auto equipped iPod both sides, which many people disagree with; but I wanted to hear your opinions on this. The CZ DOES take too long to pull out if you are suddenly up close, so you will die - big disadvantage there. But the thing with the CZ is it is basically a very close up shotgun; I can be, say, jump scouting on mirage b apps, but if there are too many of them, I can crouch in the corner with the CZ and get a kill on players expecting sniper rifles. With the Five-Seven/Tec-9, the opposite is true. Which would you pick?

Try the Deagle or the Tec-9 or the Glock on Burst Fire Mode

Five-Seven/Tec-9

I personally feel that the CZ is a very situation pistol while the other two perform very well in most cases.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

fuck pistols in cs:go, especially tec9

they are stupid and they should be nerfed to the ground.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

8 minutes ago, Theo said:

they need to buff r8 again like it was when it came out

umm..... really? lol, so EVERYONE uses nothing but r8 again? That's when you know something needs a nerf.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

I like the five-seven and tec-9 the best. I don't like how little ammo the cz-75 has. Sometimes I'll even use a five-seven over an SMG because of how accurate it is.

My main computer:

i7 6700k || GTX 1070 || Asus Z170 RGB || C.M. Hyper 212 EVO || 16GB RAM || 256GB NVMe SSD || 500GB SATA SSD || 12TB total HDD || Define R5 Blackout || 850W PSU

More Details Below :) 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k                             GPU:  EVGA GTX 1070 FTW                                  |  Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura
CPU Cooler: C.M. Hyper 212 EVO             RAM: 16GB Kingston Fury 4x4 DDR4 2400MHz         SSD:  Intel 256GB NVMe SSD & Plextor 500GB SATA SSD

Hard Drive:  WD 2TB Black, 2TB WD Blue, 8TB WD Red     Case:  Fractal Design Define R5 Blackout Edition   PSU:  Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W

Additional Computer Parts: NZXT Hue for LEDs

Peripherals: Dell U2414H (x2) || Corsair Sabre RGB || Corsair K95 Platinum || Sennheiser 558's || Modmic

Pictures of setup:

6 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

fuck pistols in cs:go, especially tec9

they are stupid and they should be nerfed to the ground.

Then pistol round wouldn't be as fun (or cancerous) and eSports would be much harder, as most players depend on pistols to save them.

Lets trade CS:GO skins :3

Trade URL: https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=306665646&token=F2tGPmbi

AVID CS:GO PLAYER AND TRADER, FALLOUT AND SKYRIM MODDER

1 minute ago, Jech said:

Then pistol round wouldn't be as fun (or cancerous) and eSports would be much harder, as most players depend on pistols to save them.

what? pistol rounds are gambling. it's a dice roll. ask any pro player.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Just now, ZetZet said:

what? pistol rounds are gambling. it's a dice roll. ask any pro player.

Not with skill, every pistol round you aim for the head or die.

If pistols were nerfed it would make the game much less enjoyable for people like me

Trade URL: https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=306665646&token=F2tGPmbi

Just now, Jech said:

Not with skill, every pistol round you aim for the head or die.

If pistols were nerfed it would make the game much less enjoyable for people like me

yes. but every pro player aims for the head. so it becomes a dice roll.

pistol rounds are 95% luck. 

look at Fnatic, they barely win pistol rounds, but they win every tournament.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, ZetZet said:

yes. but every pro player aims for the head. so it becomes a dice roll.

pistol rounds are 95% luck. 

look at Fnatic, they barely win pistol rounds, but they win every tournament.

It isn't a dice roll, it comes down to reaction times

Try them out?

Its different i usually just buy a p250 with an awp since its a little cheaper, i do like the tech 9 also with an awp. 

Personal opinion which you like i think. 

Just now, Jech said:

It isn't a dice roll, it comes down to reaction times

no it doesn't :D 

it comes down to timing and crosshair placement. you don't have time to react in those levels, you prefire 90% of the time. especially on pistol rounds.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

no it doesn't :D 

it comes down to timing and crosshair placement. you don't have time to react in those levels, you prefire 90% of the time. especially on pistol rounds.

Crosshair placement is pretty east, pro players already know what level to put their crosshair, it's just moving left and right.

1 minute ago, Jech said:

Crosshair placement is pretty east, pro players already know what level to put their crosshair, it's just moving left and right.

yes. they do, that's why it's a gamble. if they guess right from which side of the box they get peeked from they get kills, if they don't they don't.

i don't know why you are arguing with me. like i said, go ask any pro player on the scene "do you think pistol rounds are luck between pro teams?" they will all tell you yes.

it's accepted as a fact, pistol rounds are all luck at pro level. even in more skilled pugs.

Spoiler

Just now, ZetZet said:

yes. they do, that's why it's a gamble. if they guess right from which side of the box they get peeked from they get kills, if they don't they don't.

i don't know why you are arguing with me. like i said, go ask any pro player on the scene "do you think pistol rounds are luck between pro teams?" they will all tell you yes.

it's accepted as a fact, pistol rounds are all luck at pro level. even in more skilled pugs.

I will always argue that skill and reaction times is a massive part in any pistol round

Just now, Jech said:

I will always argue that skill and reaction times is a massive part in any pistol round

if you compare silvers vs globals then yes. 

not in pro games though.

Spoiler

Just now, ZetZet said:

if you compare silvers vs globals then yes. 

not in pro games though.

If you put Fnatic vs Vanguards; then it is skill;

But if you put EnvyUs vs Fnatic then reaction time matters; because they know how eachother plays, so they need to react quicker than the other person

2 minutes ago, Jech said:

If you put Fnatic vs Vanguards; then it is skill;

But if you put EnvyUs vs Fnatic then reaction time matters; because they know how eachother plays, so they need to react quicker than the other person

man, i hope one day you get good at cs and you come back to this thread

and for now i leave you with this.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, sobe said:

umm..... really? lol, so EVERYONE uses nothing but r8 again? That's when you know something needs a nerf.

Yeah man, game was so much fun back then 

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

I basically only use the Deagle for all rounds and only pick up a primary weapon if somebody else drops one. It makes the game more fun for me if I only use a pistol.

-KuJoe

8 hours ago, ZetZet said:

man, i hope one day you get good at cs and you come back to this thread

and for now i leave you with this.

I don't understand why EVERYONE wants pistols to be nerfed (except for Tec-9, that is OP). The whole point of pistols is the flexibility with them; moving, etc. They need to be good enough to land 2 hit HS at least. You could argue that the 1-hit kill up close is bad with the p250 and $500 pistols, but buff the M4s and that is essentially not a problem.

also for pistol rounds it is simple, buff money to $1k so that you can get head armor. That solves the 'luck' you talk about, and while there is some luck, strategy is very important on pistol round.

11 minutes ago, Bob Jim said:

I don't understand why EVERYONE wants pistols to be nerfed (except for Tec-9, that is OP). The whole point of pistols is the flexibility with them; moving, etc. They need to be good enough to land 2 hit HS at least. You could argue that the 1-hit kill up close is bad with the p250 and $500 pistols, but buff the M4s and that is essentially not a problem.

also for pistol rounds it is simple, buff money to $1k so that you can get head armor. That solves the 'luck' you talk about, and while there is some luck, strategy is very important on pistol round.

if you buff money to 1k terrorists will always lose. and you would just double the luck factor. you need to get lucky twice now to kill someone. 

what needs to be done is movement penalties. you can't shoot while running, you can't jump and shoot, you should get tagged and slowed down when hit by pistols. 

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

if you buff money to 1k terrorists will always lose. and you would just double the luck factor. you need to get lucky twice now to kill someone. 

what needs to be done is movement penalties. you can't shoot while running, you can't jump and shoot, you should get tagged and slowed down when hit by pistols. 

This is why Deagle is never bought in P round, it would be a viable option if this was implemented obvious it's a low ROF weapon if you want accuracy and is why it costs 700.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi