To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade?

person99

I am currently using an old samsung 2370hd (1080p, ~23 inches), and I was wondering if it's worth it to get a monitor of the same resolution for better size, image quality, etc, like this

I don't need speakers on it, and my video card is an R9 380. 

7 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Get a ultrawide, 2560x1080p, ITs so good, i just got one today

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0170TSYGK/?tag=pcpapi-20

I was considering one, but I thought that if I want to watch/play content in 16:9, I'm going to have very ugly and distracting black bars on the screen, similar to playing in 4:3 right now. It does seem like getting a 21:9 would be cool when it works in my favor. 

3 minutes ago, person99 said:

I was considering one, but I thought that if I want to watch/play content in 16:9, I'm going to have very ugly and distracting black bars on the screen, similar to playing in 4:3 right now. It does seem like getting a 21:9 would be cool when it works in my favor. 

their not EXTREMELY distracting (if you like to be in the dark)

and not every game supports 21:9 but its still great!

1a9da532e778116791d0a8ff07077cbc.png

Just now, Aytex said:

their not EXTREMELY distracting (if you like to be in the dark)

and not every game supports 21:9 but its still great!

It's not so much support as being able to drive it. When playing The Witcher 3, I would left with the choice of either 21:9 or higher settings at 1080p, a difficult one to say the least since some of the settings are crucial to the game's visual fidelity. 

3 minutes ago, person99 said:

It's not so much support as being able to drive it. When playing The Witcher 3, I would left with the choice of either 21:9 or higher settings at 1080p, a difficult one to say the least since some of the settings are crucial to the game's visual fidelity. 

i have a r7 260x and im getting 30 fps on lowest settings

1ef6b674eb1df7883f98053e9a7ff8a4.jpg

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

i have a r7 260x and im getting 30 fps on lowest settings

1ef6b674eb1df7883f98053e9a7ff8a4.jpg

That is pretty poor tbh.

Bear in mind that 1080p is pretty poor once you go past 27 inches and at that point 1440p in a good choice.

Your system might handle medium settings at that res which is worth considering.

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

Just now, MLG Doge said:

That is pretty poor tbh.

Bear in mind that 1080p is pretty poor once you go past 27 inches and at that point 1440p in a good choice.

Your system might handle medium settings at that res which is worth considering.

but its 25 inches..

Just now, MLG Doge said:

That is pretty poor tbh.

Currently running medium with select settings like AO and texture quality turned up. 50-60 fps except in some cutscenes. 

2 minutes ago, MLG Doge said:

That is pretty poor tbh.

It's an R7 260x.

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10