$15 for GOOD Headphones

toastythomas

After using a lot of low end headphones in my day, I have decided that the AmazonBasics On-Ear Headphones are the best for the price.

They are usually on sale for below $15 USD. http://amzn.com/B00NBEWB4U

These headphones were shown on Does It Suck by Lou a while back. I was in need of cheap headphones to get the job done and I highly recommend these. Not only do they provide a fair amount of bass they are great for gaming. I have no complains with comfort either. I have a brief history with headphones causing headaches and other comfort issues and these are not on the list. I recommend this to entry level audiophiles and gamers who are looking for something that doesn't break the bank.

Remember to drink water!

57 minutes ago, SSL said:

Interesting.

That's all? I feel like there's a problem here.

Remember to drink water!

Amazon Basic electronic stuff is usually really overpriced garbage with a "Amazon Basic" sticker slapped on, have you ever used anything else but these? Like anything actually considered good? I feel like iPhone earpods would be better, or even the headset that comes with the Xbox..

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

58 minutes ago, Fluffinator said:

Amazon Basic electronic stuff is usually really overpriced garbage with a "Amazon Basic" sticker slapped on, have you ever used anything else but these? Like anything actually considered good? I feel like iPhone earpods would be better, or even the headset that comes with the Xbox..

I've used a lot of $10-$20 headphones off the shelf at Kmart and Walmart and these work the best.

Remember to drink water!

2 minutes ago, toastythomas said:

I've used a lot of $10-$20 headphones off the shelf at Kmart and Walmart and these work the best.

I mean like actually considered decent to see how they compare, if I always get low end stuff and compare it against other low end stuff I would never have a point of reference, also I didn't know people went to Kmart for electronics, thought Kmart was dead lol. I think the iPhone earbuds would be better at that point then buying a $15 headset to be honest.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

$10-$20 your getting the CHEAPEST components/manufacturing that the manufacture can source.  The fact that these are "better" may be a happy acoustic accident, because they were not engineered for anything other then cost.

Computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZczbWZ ~$950

Computer w/ Peripherals: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/mZNNnQ ~$1650

Case: Blue s340 painted black CPU: 4790K OC to 4.5MHz Cooler: Dark Rock 3 GPU: Powercolor R9-290 MOBO: z97 MSI Gaming 5 RAM: Fury HyperX 2x8GB 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair rm750x Storage: 250GB 850 EVO & 1TB WD Black HeadPhones: HD598 SE Speakers: MAckie CR4 SE Keyboard: K70 Cherry-Brown Mouse: G9x Fans: Prolimatech Vortex 140mm

8 minutes ago, toastythomas said:

That's all? I feel like there's a problem here.

Yeah. I don't know what your point of reference(s) are, so the best I can say is that this is an interesting data point.

1 hour ago, Fluffinator said:

I mean like actually considered decent to see how they compare, if I always get low end stuff and compare it against other low end stuff I would never have a point of reference, also I didn't know people went to Kmart for electronics, thought Kmart was dead lol. I think the iPhone earbuds would be better at that point then buying a $15 headset to be honest.

Apple Earbuds are great. I like headphones for a little more isolation and emersion. It's just a slight difference. I can't disagree with you here.

Remember to drink water!