First Gaming/Editing Build ($3200)

LOCOMODDING

Hello, I would really appreciate some feedback on my build. I below have a list of all the parts, keyboard, mouse, monitors etc. I would like to know if everyone agrees with my build and everything should run and fit properly. If you have i

any suggestions on better parts or quick add one, please let me know. 

Case: Corsair CC-9011048-WW Carbide Series Air 540 Windowed ATX High Airflow Cube Performance Computer Case with White LED Fan - Arctic White

Motherboard: ASUS ATX DDR4 3000 LGA 2011-3 Motherboards X99-DELUXE/U3.1

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W Desktop Processor BX80648I75820K

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H115i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Cooling CW-9060027-WW 

I plan on mounting the 280mm H115i to the top of my case and pushing air out of the top. Also will have hose go around towards the front.

GPU: MSI Computer PCI-Express Video Card GTX 980TI SEA HAWK 

I plan on mounting the H55 attached to GPU to the rear 120mm fan mount. I would love to know if this will work and fit with my 280mm on top.

RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum Series 16GB DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Memory Kit for Systems 3000 MT/s CMD16GX4M2B3000C15

Power Supply: Corsair HXi Series, HX1000i, 1000 Watt (1000W), Fully Modular Power Supply, 80+ Platinum Certified 

Boot Drive: Intel 80 GB 530 Series SATA M.2 0.85-Inch Solid State Drive (Drive only) SSDSCKGW080A401

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E250B/AM) 

SSHD: Seagate 1TB Desktop SSHD(Solid State Hybrid Drive) SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive (ST1000DX001) 

Monitor x2: Asus VG248QE 24-inch Full HD Ergonomic Back-lit LED Gaming Monitor 

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Aircraft-Grade Aluminum (CH-9000117-NA) 

Mouse: Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex Performance Edition Gaming Mouse (910-004380) 

I do not plan on playing games 24/7 so I am not going for an intense gaming mouse or keyboard. I did also get a mouse pad and thermal paste but did not list it. Pretty straight forward. I am using th 80GB drive for booting my OS. My SSD is for main important programs and games. SSHD is general. I will eventually get more ram. For now I only need 16GB. I will use this system for development, photos, videos, games, renendering etc. I need an all around machine and I would like for it to last 10 years with minimal upgrades. I will be using DisplayPort of course and how to have a powerful, stable and beastly machine. Thank you for the help.

Overkill RAM ... you could get cheaper one with same speed, 850 is enough for two 980ti in SLI if the price on 1000watts psu is good go get it. You might want to get larger Hard drive for you projects/backup. 

Magical Pineapples

your going to have a tough time building any PC that will need minimal upgrades for 10 years. This is a pretty solid build for right now though (definitely high-end).

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

5 minutes ago, LOCOMODDING said:
2 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

Overkill RAM ... you could get cheaper one with same speed, 850 is enough for two 980ti in SLI if the price on 1000watts psu is good go get it. You might want to get larger Hard drive for you projects/backup. 

Hello, I would really appreciate some feedback on my build. I below have a list of all the parts, keyboard, mouse, monitors etc. I would like to know if everyone agrees with my build and everything should run and fit properly. If you have i

any suggestions on better parts or quick add one, please let me know. 

Case: Corsair CC-9011048-WW Carbide Series Air 540 Windowed ATX High Airflow Cube Performance Computer Case with White LED Fan - Arctic White

Motherboard: ASUS ATX DDR4 3000 LGA 2011-3 Motherboards X99-DELUXE/U3.1

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.3GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W Desktop Processor BX80648I75820K

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H115i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Cooling CW-9060027-WW 

I plan on mounting the 280mm H115i to the top of my case and pushing air out of the top. Also will have hose go around towards the front.

GPU: MSI Computer PCI-Express Video Card GTX 980TI SEA HAWK 

I plan on mounting the H55 attached to GPU to the rear 120mm fan mount. I would love to know if this will work and fit with my 280mm on top.

RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum Series 16GB DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Memory Kit for Systems 3000 MT/s CMD16GX4M2B3000C15

Power Supply: Corsair HXi Series, HX1000i, 1000 Watt (1000W), Fully Modular Power Supply, 80+ Platinum Certified 

Boot Drive: Intel 80 GB 530 Series SATA M.2 0.85-Inch Solid State Drive (Drive only) SSDSCKGW080A401

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E250B/AM) 

SSHD: Seagate 1TB Desktop SSHD(Solid State Hybrid Drive) SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive (ST1000DX001) 

Monitor x2: Asus VG248QE 24-inch Full HD Ergonomic Back-lit LED Gaming Monitor 

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Aircraft-Grade Aluminum (CH-9000117-NA) 

Mouse: Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex Performance Edition Gaming Mouse (910-004380

I do not plan on playing games 24/7 so I am not going for an intense gaming mouse or keyboard. I did also get a mouse pad and thermal paste but did not list it. Pretty straight forward. I am using th 80GB drive for booting my OS. My SSD is for main important programs and games. SSHD is general. I will eventually get more ram. For now I only need 16GB. I will use this system for development, photos, videos, games, renendering etc. I need an all around machine and I would like for it to last 10 years with minimal upgrades. I will be using DisplayPort of course and how to have a powerful, stable and beastly machine. Thank you for the help.

So your saying my Ram is overkill? I plan on buying another 1TB SSHD and then another SSD in the future. But for now this will get me started definitely.

10 years is insanity, look where were computers 5 years ago.

Overpriced RAM.

I don't understand the drive setup, wouldn't one 250GB class SSD be cheaper and faster?

Just now, LOCOMODDING said:

So your saying my Ram is overkill? I plan on buying another 1TB SSHD and then another SSD in the future. But for now this will get me started definitely.

No the ram itself but the " Dominator Platinum Series " in most cases you could get new another brand such has g skills ripjaws which don't look too bad either. 

Magical Pineapples

1 minute ago, Snooli said:

10 years is insanity, look where were computers 5 years ago.

Overpriced RAM.

I don't understand the drive setup, wouldn't one 250GB class SSD be cheaper and faster?

Why would I get one SSD? Also, my point is the have the build last a long time. Obviously I will need to do a few upgrades. I'm booting my OS on a drive, have a main drive and extra SSD. Mainly because I can.

Should I be ok to mount the H115i and the H50? Can I mount the H50 to that 120mm fan mount in the back and still be able to mount the 115i to the top 280mm spot?

Why would I get one SSD? Also, my point is the have the build last a long time. Obviously I will need to do a few upgrades. I'm booting my OS on a drive, have a main drive and extra SSD. Mainly because I can.

What is the point of having 2 SSD's? Let me check PCPartpicker, I think you could get a 250GB NVMe drive for that money.

Just now, Snooli said:
1 minute ago, LOCOMODDING said:

What is the point of having 2 SSD's? Let me check PCPartpicker, I think you could get a 250GB NVMe drive for that money.

Back. You would pay extra $30 for a 250GB Samsung 950 pro NVMe drive over your Intel SSD with 850 EVO setup. Definetly worth the $30 for NVMe.

Also, what programs will you be using? Dual 390s are way stronger than a single 980ti in compute (OpenCL videon rendering) and DX12 games.

2 minutes ago, Snooli said:

Also, what programs will you be using? Dual 390s are way stronger than a single 980ti in compute (OpenCL videon rendering) and DX12 games.

I use everything. Lol. Visual studios, android studio. Games. Steams. Everything. Bots. Lol

I use everything. Lol. Visual studios, android studio. Games. Steams. Everything. Bots. Lol

Do you REALLY use EVERY single editing program that exists?

2 minutes ago, Snooli said:

Do you REALLY use EVERY single editing program that exists?

No but I like to be able to use anything :)

No but I like to be able to use anything :)

just... say what you are actually using.

Just now, Snooli said:

just... say what you are actually using.

I was. Amazon EC2 clients, visual studios, android studios, Bluestacks, steam, google chrome, Adobe programs. I use a lot of everything. Game capture HD. Sony Vegas. Etc

If I had that sort of $, I would go for something like this.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($374.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($102.88 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus X99-A ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($238.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($74.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($297.49 @ Micro Center)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($84.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  ($624.99 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($118.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair RM 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $2038.19
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-06 16:57 EST-0500

Ive left you room for picking out your monitors, I would go for something IPS (for the color accuracy since you will be editing) And if you can get G-sync As well for gaming)

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

Case: Coolmaster CM690III, Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR, CPU: I5 6600K 4.6Ghz, OS: Windows 10 HP 64 bit, RAM: X1 8GB G.Skill DDR4, GPU: Galax GTX 960 (Overclocked), Storage: Kingston V300 SSD 120GB(OS), X2 1TB 5400RPM HDD, 500GB Samsung 7200RPM HD, PSU: Cougar RS 750 Watt, Peripherals: Logitech G910 Orion Spark,  World Of Tanks Edition 2014 DeathAdder Razer Mouse And Mouse Pad, Sennheiser HD 518. , Palsonic tftv6042fHD, Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers

4 minutes ago, Mcmole said:

If I had that sort of $, I would go for something like this.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($374.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($102.88 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus X99-A ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($238.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($74.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($297.49 @ Micro Center)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($84.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  ($624.99 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT H440 (White/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($118.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair RM 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $2038.19
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-06 16:57 EST-0500

Ive left you room for picking out your monitors, I would go for something IPS (for the color accuracy since you will be editing) And if you can get G-sync As well for gaming)

Double up the GPUs and you have yourself a winner.

11 minutes ago, Snooli said:

Double up the GPUs and you have yourself a winner.

Why are we putting in 2 GPU's?

I was mainly just asking if everything should work well and light feedback on the parts not a new system lol.

Why are we putting in 2 GPU's?

"Why buy just one, when you cant have two for double the price." - Contact (1997)

9 minutes ago, LOCOMODDING said:

I was mainly just asking if everything should work well and light feedback on the parts not a new system lol.

To put it bluntly, you are spending your money on useless Items. You can get quieter better looking and better performing hardware for cheaper.

And that's what this community is all about, building and finding combinations of PC parts to suit your lifestyle/needs.

The system you have put together is nonsensical meaning, in the long run you will wish you had invested your money in parts that suit what you need.

Getting something like a SSHD along with a SSD config is just stupid, You are throughing away your money getting a 80 gig MVME SSD. You are also limiting the Mass-storage you will need for rendering videos/photos and gaming and watching videos.

There is a reason those drives are used in smaller less expensive builds, its for when you can not afford a SSD and a HD combo that will give you the benefit of speed and storage. Putting it along side a slower SATA SSD, and then limiting your Mass storage to under 1300gb is silly.

You are paying WAY to much for that ram, when a cheaper better looking option that does basically the same thing is on the market.

And you are paying 200$ more for a Hybrid 980TI when the same performance can be matched by a card 200$ cheaper as-long as you have a tidy and well cabled build which you will with a fully modular power-supply, which again you are paying way to much for. I would go for the 1000 Watts but you don't need that 80+ Platinum Certified in reality.

Then we get to your cooler which again you are paying way to much for. You can get the same performance out off a much cheaper GTX H100i...

The case is OK, but again you can pay less for IMO a much better looking case like the H440. That will have more room for AIO's and radiators...

And your motherboard is not as good as the one I chose out for you.

Not to mention everything doesn't color match.. meaning with that side panel on your case you will be looking at a pretty un-actractive PC.

But hey its your money to through away. If you really want that stuff in your system then yes it "will work" but you will wish you didn't  do that in less then a year.

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

Case: Coolmaster CM690III, Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR, CPU: I5 6600K 4.6Ghz, OS: Windows 10 HP 64 bit, RAM: X1 8GB G.Skill DDR4, GPU: Galax GTX 960 (Overclocked), Storage: Kingston V300 SSD 120GB(OS), X2 1TB 5400RPM HDD, 500GB Samsung 7200RPM HD, PSU: Cougar RS 750 Watt, Peripherals: Logitech G910 Orion Spark,  World Of Tanks Edition 2014 DeathAdder Razer Mouse And Mouse Pad, Sennheiser HD 518. , Palsonic tftv6042fHD, Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers

25 minutes ago, Mcmole said:

To put it bluntly, you are spending your money on useless Items. You can get quieter better looking and better performing hardware for cheaper.

And that's what this community is all about, building and finding combinations of PC parts to suit your lifestyle/needs.

The system you have put together is nonsensical meaning, in the long run you will wish you had invested your money in parts that suit what you need.

Getting something like a SSHD along with a SSD config is just stupid, You are throughing away your money getting a 80 gig MVME SSD. You are also limiting the Mass-storage you will need for rendering videos/photos and gaming and watching videos.

There is a reason those drives are used in smaller less expensive builds, its for when you can not afford a SSD and a HD combo that will give you the benefit of speed and storage. Putting it along side a slower SATA SSD, and then limiting your Mass storage to under 1300gb is silly.

You are paying WAY to much for that ram, when a cheaper better looking option that does basically the same thing is on the market.

And you are paying 200$ more for a Hybrid 980TI when the same performance can be matched by a card 200$ cheaper as-long as you have a tidy and well cabled build which you will with a fully modular power-supply, which again you are paying way to much for. I would go for the 1000 Watts but you don't need that 80+ Platinum Certified in reality.

Then we get to your cooler which again you are paying way to much for. You can get the same performance out off a much cheaper GTX H100i...

The case is OK, but again you can pay less for IMO a much better looking case like the H440. That will have more room for AIO's and radiators...

Not to mention everything doesn't color match.. meaning with that side panel on your case you will be looking at a pretty un-actractive PC.

But hey its your money to through away. If you really want that stuff in your system then yes it "will work" but you will wish you didn't  do that in less then a year.

Fun fact! The 80GB Intel SSD isn't even NVMe. It is a K socket M.2 therefore a SATA device. Captain out!

37 minutes ago, Mcmole said:

Ok thank you. I am going to make a few changes. Thanks for the few points. I appreciate it.