opinions on razer Razer

sgtrecker78

Had a pair of Krakens that died after 13 months. 

Overhyped trash. 

idk

I'm still rocking my Deathadder Respawn, it's the most comfortable mouse I've ever used :)

Spoiler

My Rig {TEAM RED} --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700X GPU: Powercolor Red Dragon RX590 8GB PSU: Novatech Powerstation V2 500w Semi Modular 

Mobo: Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming RAM: Adata XPG 16GB 3000mhz Storage: Sandisk Ultra 120GB SSD + 1 WD 1TB Blues

Case: Corsair Carbide Spec 05   Cooling:  AMD Raith Spectre RGB  Monitor:  Benq XL2420Z

Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion SPECTRUM  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SPECTRUM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a Death Adder Ive had for at least 4 or 5 years, I heard the new ones are not as good. However I like it. I have the 2013 version of the Blackwidow Ultimate, it was the last version with Cherry MX Blue switches. Its been a great keyboard. I had the Kraken Pro's for 2.5 years, they were abused and well used, not too bad. I did replace them with the HyperX Cloulds which I like better. I think Razer does a good job, but as you see Ive purchased products a while ago. I have seen several people state that their QC has suffered. They do back stuff well, it looks like a good product, but I would read reviews on what ever your going to buy. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Razer IMHO has dropped hard in recent years. They use cheap chinese switches in their keyboards. Their customer support is just plain bad... I've also had bad reliability on the newer mice, I've since switched to corsair and it was a happy change.

The Deathadder is an amazing mouse, the Blackwidow used to be alright until they switched to Razer switches.  Right now, ignore everything Razer makes except the Deathadder and their systems, at least they seem to have a grip on those.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Every single Razer product I owned I've had an issue with.

My Diamondback 3G cable split and the inner wires started to fray after only 2 years, the texture on the surface wore off on the buttons and the clear sides for the lights are now a gross yellowy-brown. It still works though, which is cool.

I sold my Lycosa because it felt terrible. I had the mirrored keycaps. It was my fault for not going with a mechanical keyboard in the first place, but it certainly didn't reflect what I paid for.

My Naga 2014 had tracking issues when I lifted it up and put it down, making games completely unplayable at times (it would just hang for 3 seconds). I RMA'd it for another one and had the exact same issue, so I gave up. The material on it is also worn after only a year and a half, and I don't play with greasy hands.

My BlackWidow 2013 Ultimate Stealth Edition double-registers certain keys sometimes (used to be W A S and Backspace, now just W and Backspace), even after cleaning it twice. When the LEDs are on, I can hear a buzzing noise. Also, one of the feet fell off during transport and I emailed them about getting a replacement 6 months ago, they said they'd organize something, to which I never heard back from them.

I will likely never buy a Razer product again. They do honour RMAs which is nice, but I'd rather not have to in the first place.

To me Razer is just the bandwagon go-to gaming equipment brand for uninformed gamers, and it ticks me off. My friend always snipes straight to alienware and razer stuff when we talk about gaming computer equipment and it always rings an alarm in my head.

I was also in Taiwan at a tech building and on the floor with computer hardware, the Razer booth was swarmed with league of legends buffoons. You look at booths like MSI and Asus and they are virtually empty. At another building actually selling tech and computer hardware, one of the workers at a store told me about the poor quality Razer offers. Mind you I was in my uninformed stage when I asked about Razer keyboards, but the employee told me that he had a friend who bought a Razer keyboard and it broke within a year. Other people in this thread or reading can verify this.

The only product I somewhat recognize is the Deathadder for its ergonomic simplicity. Overall thumbs down to Razer for me.

30 minutes ago, Afuh said:

To me Razer is just the bandwagon go-to gaming equipment brand for uninformed gamers, and it ticks me off. My friend always snipes straight to alienware and razer stuff when we talk about gaming computer equipment and it always rings an alarm in my head.

I was also in Taiwan at a tech building and on the floor with computer hardware, the Razer booth was swarmed with league of legends buffoons. You look at booths like MSI and Asus and they are virtually empty. At another building actually selling tech and computer hardware, one of the workers at a store told me about the poor quality Razer offers. Mind you I was in my uninformed stage when I asked about Razer keyboards, but the employee told me that he had a friend who bought a Razer keyboard and it broke within a year. Other people in this thread or reading can verify this.

The only product I somewhat recognize is the Deathadder for its ergonomic simplicity. Overall thumbs down to Razer for me.

Thats the thing. I feel they might have had better quality control back in the day. It sounds like started to skip the quality control. Even though I had good luck with my Razer products, doesn't mean I would consider buying new ones. Because their quality has slipped. Although I would consider one of their computers. As they seem to be ok, but then again I need that kind of money first so I could buy one. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I love my naga 2014 but the buttons are just great for games imo, thinking of moving to a logitech mouse or a corsair as I have a k95 and corsair 2100. . . 

Aside from that I think for a price perspective you pay a large premium for the name, I don't mind for the mouse as it's the best large amount of programmable keys mouse hands down, but for the keyboard when corsair has such a beautiful design going, just isn't worth it.