Dual Streaming Computer For Easy Good Looking Streaming/Recording

Go to solution Solved by Streetguru,
1 hour ago, reddemonoverlord said:

Yeah, found that out a day after.. the secondary's are really franken pc's from our old comps, we want to use them for controlling the stream,

You should be able to use DXtory+OBS or shadowplay to take most of the load off the CPU for streaming though

otherwise this would be the highest rated capture card on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Elgato-Systems-Capture-Definition-Recorder/dp/B00840353W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454620026&sr=8-1&keywords=Capture+Card

OK, So my issue today is that i have been working on streaming and recording with a group of friends and i may have went a little overboard without thinking but being this far i want to finish this and get it all working right.

We have dual setups ( I bought a total of 4 PC's) 

this is the main rigs V (One rig has a different MOBO other than that we got the same thing)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3nwrdC

this is the secondary rigs V

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QVCZt6 ( These are different as other than the CPU i don't think i matters much)

With this we have ran into a few problems..

One the capture card. < MAIN PROBLEM

Two The audios. (Solved) < IF YOU HAVE A BETTER SOLUTION PLZ SAY SO

We are going to keep the game on one PC and the VOIP/twitter/stream chat on the other(the one encoding) and mixing it using this V

Audio Mixxer

and the Line 6 UX2 we each have for the mic conversion

Three The Internets. (Solved) < IF YOU HAVE A BETTER SOLUTION PLZ SAY SO

We Are Moving to Chattanooga to setup a Game House, Comcast offers 2 GB asynchronous Internet speeds for 300 dollars. ( alternate to this is Austin Texas for that google fiber)

And we are setting up 10 GB Internal Network.

Please.. do not tell me these are OVERPOWERED BUY THIS ONE, or THIS IS A BETTER PC BUY THIS INSTEAD.. not because i don't like or want suggestions.. but because we already have these.. and are just trying to figure out a way to make it work and be the best possible.

Pc Speck's : i7-6700K 4.0GHz , GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB , 16 GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 - 3400 , ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz , (2) Acer G277HL bid 60Hz.

On the Audio question,

I'm not sure I understand the importance of a physical mixer? Wouldn't just a 4 channel USB interface accomplish the same thing (though without the physical faders)

Is the audio going to be mixed down live? Or is it just for capture purposes (to be mixed later)?

4 minutes ago, lolJon said:

On the Audio question,

I'm not sure I understand the importance of a physical mixer? Wouldn't just a 4 channel USB interface accomplish the same thing (though without the physical faders)

Is the audio going to be mixed down live? Or is it just for capture purposes (to be mixed later)?

we use the mixer to have more control to add more mics (xlr) and to mute our-selfs when we leave but yes a smaller mixer will work we went with this one because it is on sale at the local music shop and it can be used for the music we plan to do later if nothing else. if you have a recommendation for a better/cheaper solution i would be glad to look at it.

Pc Speck's : i7-6700K 4.0GHz , GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB , 16 GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 - 3400 , ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz , (2) Acer G277HL bid 60Hz.

2 hours ago, reddemonoverlord said:

OK, So my issue today is that i have been working on streaming and recording with a group of friends and i may

Unless you just want the secondary PC for controlling the stream, like there's no reason for it, each of the i7 6700Ks can stream just fine, though you shoulda got 5820ks for the same price...

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

10 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Unless you just want the secondary PC for controlling the stream, like there's no reason for it, each of the i7 6700Ks can stream just fine, though you shoulda got 5820ks for the same price...

Yeah, found that out a day after.. the secondary's are really franken pc's from our old comps, we want to use them for controlling the stream,

but it also helps to keep steam/VoIP/chat on the second PC as when using a cap card it caps the monitor not the program meaning any and all things tabbed to or opened up on the "main" rig will be shown. 

but as we found out the 6700k is not powerful enough to stream and play a few of the games we wanted ark for the most part... so why not take the strain of encoding and place it elsewhere making the "streaming life" of the pc last longer and even games that are more difficult that are coming out (star citizen) able to be streamed with no worries.

really i probably structured my post wrong. but i was asking for a recommended cap card, so far the things i have  seen are the aver-media (internal) but it only does 1080 30fps, the elgato (internal) does 1080 at 60, and both are hdmi.. if i cant find a better solution im going with the elgato. T-T sorry for the rant

1 hour ago, reddemonoverlord said:

You should be able to use DXtory+OBS or shadowplay to take most of the load off the CPU for streaming though

http://www.amazon.com/Elgato-Systems-Capture-Definition-Recorder/dp/B00840353W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454620026&sr=8-1&keywords=Capture+Card

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

11 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

thank you ~Cheers