I'm done with the Fractal Node 304

AustinTheIntern

So I bought my first Node 304 and the screws were incredibly hard to take off from the hard drive mounts. No problem, I returned it. (They strip so easily, btw) I ordered another one off of Newegg and it came today. Guess what? Same thing. I can't unscrew the darn screws from the hard drive mounts. This will be my first and last case from Fractal. It's so frustrating. 

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Man up or use a screw driver

OR

Spend more on a nicer case :P

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Jesus Austin, over screws? Dont you have some at home? There was nothing wrong with my dad's R4. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Just buy new screws, but i dont see whats so great about fractal anyway, corsair are superior 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

The thing is, I can't remove them. They've over-tightened them in the factory and its ridiculous. 

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Jesus Austin, over screws? Dont you have some at home? There was nothing wrong with my dad's R4.

I thought his name was Austin? Not Jesus :P

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

So I bought my first Node 304 and the screws were incredibly hard to take off from the hard drive mounts. No problem, I returned it. (They strip so easily, btw) I ordered another one off of Newegg and it came today. Guess what? Same thing. I can't unscrew the darn screws from the hard drive mounts. This will be my first and last case from Fractal. It's so frustrating. 

Thats a little overboard to just give up on them. You can replace screws infact I know they include a bunch of screws they don't want this stuff wiggling loose in shipping.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

I thought his name was Austin? Not Jesus :P

Oh come on now.....

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

The thing is, I can't remove them. They've over-tightened them in the factory and its ridiculous.

"Lefty-loosey righty-tighty..."

I don't think you guys are getting the point. I can't even REMOVE the screws from the mounts. 

Are you sure you've been using the right screw driver? and maybe throw some muscle into it? 

Does anyone even use PCIe SSDs?

Are you sure you've been using the right screw driver? and maybe throw some muscle into it? 

Yes and I've already done so. 

I've had my dad, brother, and myself to unscrew the screws and it's literally impossible. 

I don't think you guys are getting the point. I can't even REMOVE the screws from the mounts. 

Then drill it out. Your making a huge deal about it as if it was a really expensive case.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

Yes and I've already done so. 

I've had my dad, brother, and myself to unscrew the screws and it's literally impossible. 

Contact Fractal and they might just send you another one :D

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I had the same problem, i placed the screwdriver on the screw and hit it with a hammer a few times to loosen it. Its like when you hit a jar with a spoon :)

Joshfromfractal would be disappointed to hear this.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Get a power drill, and a drill bit the size of the screws. Drill through.

Get a proper fitting screw driver and remove them. This is a situation of 'My glove is inside out but I would rather buy a new pair than flip it right side in'

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Just buy new screws, but i dont see whats so great about fractal anyway, corsair are superior 

Corsair doesn't have a Node 304 equivalent. You also have to go up to 400R+ (meaning at least $30 more) to compete with Fractal's midtower lineup.

The easiest way for me to get screws that are overly tightened would be to use a flat head screw drive.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

It really is unfortunate that the robots at factories are stronger than you. Doesn't that suck?. I'm sorry, but getting mad at a company as whole because of overtightened screws is borderline fucking rediculous. (Excuse my language, but wake up). I have an Arc Midi R2, and the only screw issues are fan screws (flimsy as), but I've seen the HDD mount screws on the Node 304. They're big. Get a flat head screw driver. No issues mate.

<_<

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Sigh, none of you are getting the point and I'm too sick and tired to explain. Nevermind this thread guys, my mistake for posting it. 

Did you have any problems with the thumb screws of the hard drive cadges and rotated them counter clockwise also the back screws