Google Surpasses Apple as World's MVP Company

eJoculate

Hope you know your ABC's, cause Alphabet has surpassed Apple as the world's most valuable public company.

Google parent company Alphabet has taken away Apple’s title as the most valuable company in the world by reaching a market value of about $544 billion in after-hours trading today.

Alphabet closed Monday at around $518 billion, but its after-hours stock spike means that it’s bigger — for now. We’ll see if it maintains that at tomorrow’s open.

The sources speculate that it may be due to Apple's iPhone sales posting its slowest growth while Alphabet:

[...] posted quarterly earnings that beat analysts estimates by a wide margin, with earnings per share of $8.67 on revenue of $21.33 billion, versus the expected $8.10 earnings on $20.77 billion.

Here's a neat visual of the progression:
CbGrx74.png

As you can see, the tides previously turned in favour of Apple around 2010, before the first iPad was soon released.

This all happened during after-hours trading so it will be interesting to see how long G for Alphabet comes before A for Apple.

Sources: 
http://recode.net/2016/02/01/google-surpasses-apple-as-the-most-valuable-public-company-in-the-world/
http://www.ibtimes.com/alphabet-inc-goog-surpasses-apple-inc-aapl-become-worlds-most-valuable-public-company-2289113
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/02/01/after-hours-buzz-googl-lnkd.html

Edited by eJoculate
Added more info and sources

Honestly, apple hasn't been deserving of that spot for a long time now, Good.
They're almost completely supported by uninformed masses and hipster douchebag college students.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I like google more than apple, though that doesn't say much since I don't really like google, but I hate apple so this is a net win for me.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Apple, the only think they ever innovated is stealing other peoples ideas and overpricing their shit.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Looks like Google has been much more stable all along.  Apple appears to have plummeted twice now, and it's finally cost them the top spot :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

What's funny is that I had never even heard of Alphabet until they took over Google, and now it's pretty much the most legit company ever.

My legit rig:

CPU: i5 6600k GPU: Asus Strix 1070 RAM: 16 GB of Corsair LPX CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 Motherboard:  Asus Z170I Pro Gaming Storage: Adata Sp550 120 GB and WD Black 3 TB Case: NZXT Manta Power Supply: EVGA 550 GS Monitors: 2 LG 25UM58-P Ultrawides Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid-i Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

Apple, the only think they ever innovated is stealing other peoples ideas and overpricing their shit.

True, apple stopped inventing/innovating after Wozniak left. All they've done since then is throw other people's inventions/innovations into an aluminum rectangle and then call it their own. Oh, not after patenting the holy shit out of every single mundane thing too! (Black bars, rectangles with curved edges, circular buttons on the front of the phone, pinch to zoom, tablets with rounded edges, etc...)

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

1 minute ago, SirCallow said:

What's funny is that I had never even heard of Alphabet until they took over Google, and now it's pretty much the most legit company ever.

They didn't "take over" google, or you would have heard of them, trust me :)  They were created by google to own them and a few other companies.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

They didn't "take over" google, or you would have heard of them, trust me :)  They were created by google to own them and a few other companies.

Yeah, I should have chosen my words a little better. Thanks for catching me. :D

My legit rig:

CPU: i5 6600k GPU: Asus Strix 1070 RAM: 16 GB of Corsair LPX CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 Motherboard:  Asus Z170I Pro Gaming Storage: Adata Sp550 120 GB and WD Black 3 TB Case: NZXT Manta Power Supply: EVGA 550 GS Monitors: 2 LG 25UM58-P Ultrawides Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid-i Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB

Title: Google has passed... 

OP: Alphabet has passed...

We all know the difference, but still. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Just now, Bouzoo said:

Title: Google has passed... 

OP: Alphabet has passed...

We all know the difference, but consistency. 

It was purposely done, not everyone is up to speed with it, so this way it reinforces that. Plus how else was I gonna squeeze in those puns? ^_^

Becoming the biggest when the previous owner of the title faceplanted doesnt really count.

Imma buy some Google stocks. *goes to look at google stocks* Nevermind.

1 hour ago, RagnarokDel said:

Becoming the biggest when the previous owner of the title faceplanted doesnt really count.

Imma buy some Google stocks. *goes to look at google stocks* Nevermind.

Yeah they intentionally keep the price high to stop "normal people" from trading them and making the price unstable (I think).

Usually when a company's stock gets really valuable, they "split" it so the price drops to half but everyone has twice as much stock, thus the only outcome is it remains affordable while gaining value.