DC Motors And Props For DIY Drone?

iamdarkyoshi

So I want to use my spare hubsan x4 module by adding larger motors to it (obviously beefing up the current handling abilities) but what motors and props should I use? I want to build a quad that is bigger than the original hubsan x4, but smaller than the big drones. Something I can still fly indoors. Anyone have any motors and props that I could try?

I dont think its worth it

those hubsans are made to last 1 months at maximum (they are utter shit)

i bought 3

i crashed one into my neighbors pool

i fished it out without them noticing with my dads fishing rod

the other one i flew in my middle school a while ago and they hit it down with a basketball and it was destroyed.

the third one is the one that spontaneously combusted in the air, and then blew up a couple seconds later...

please whatever you do

dont have anything to do with a hubsan

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

5 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

So I want to use my spare hubsan x4 module by adding larger motors to it (obviously beefing up the current handling abilities) but what motors and props should I use? I want to build a quad that is bigger than the original hubsan x4, but smaller than the big drones. Something I can still fly indoors. Anyone have any motors and props that I could try?

i have a couple of extra props if you are willing to pay for shipping

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Something from hobby king would probably do the job, I was looking at baby beasts motors recently they were kinda insane, what escs does your quad run? 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Just now, werto165 said:

Something from hobby king would probably do the job, I was looking at baby beasts motors recently they were kinda insane, what escs does your quad run? 

Its just an all in one PCB with simple PWM on the motors. I would take the output of the control IC and feed it into a larger mosfet

5 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Its just an all in one PCB with simple PWM on the motors. I would take the output of the control IC and feed it into a larger mosfet

Oh right I don't know much when it comes to mosfets but I assume a beefier mosfet can take greater current. I have a feeling something would fry if you went crazy with the motor. What voltage is your battery? You could just find some higher pitched or bull nose props for an easy way to improve lift. I got my props from banggood no idea if they shop to the US tho

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Just now, werto165 said:

Oh right I don't know much when it comes to mosfets but I assume a beefier mosfet can take greater current. I have a feeling something would fry if you went crazy with the motor. What voltage is your battery? You could just find some higher pitched or bull nose props for an easy way to improve lift. I got my props from banggood no idea if they shop to the US tho

Its a 240mAh 3.7v lithium cell. Tiny little thing. I will look into other props. I found some motors that, with the stock props, cause the battery to die really fast, to they are either overtorqued or undertorqued 

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Its a 240mAh 3.7v lithium cell. Tiny little thing. I will look into other props. I found some motors that, with the stock props, cause the battery to die really fast, to they are either overtorqued or undertorqued 

How big are the props on it?  I have a 250 quad and it has 5x3 props they're usually fairly easy to find, what size is the motors screw where you attach the props? Can you get a larger battery for it? What sort of fly time are we talking here?

1 minute ago, werto165 said:

How big are the props on it?  I have a 250 quad and it has 5x3 props they're usually fairly easy to find, what size is the motors screw where you attach the props? Can you get a larger battery for it? What sort of fly time are we talking here?

My calipers are downstairs somewhere... This is the quad:

hubsan-x4-led-mini-quad-copter-rtf10375.

My normal "unmodded" one works fine. My "modded" one which uses syma x1 motors will kill the battery in about 10 seconds.

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

My calipers are downstairs somewhere... This is the quad:

hubsan-x4-led-mini-quad-copter-rtf10375.

My normal "unmodded" one works fine. My "modded" one which uses syma x1 motors will kill the battery in about 10 seconds.

Holy shit 10 seconds haha. The hubs look fairly small. I don't really have much knowledge when it comes to quads that small. What sort of fly time would you get with the normal one? 

Just now, werto165 said:

Holy shit 10 seconds haha. The hubs look fairly small. I don't really have much knowledge when it comes to quads that small. What sort of fly time would you get with the normal one? 

Maybe 5-10 minutes or so. The props press fit onto the motor shaft.

2 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Maybe 5-10 minutes or so. The props press fit onto the motor shaft.

Oh quite a considerable downgrade in fly time.. I know practically nothing when it comes to quads that small but I will follow the topic as it looks quite interesting :)