GPD hk(game pad digital) is making a windows10 gaming handle device

GPD is known to make portable android game console device, right now its a discussion in Dingoonity.org , windows 10 handle device , the GPD team istrying to get suggestion or feedback from the member of the community(sign up requiere).

More info in Softpedia:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/portable-windows-10-gaming-console-planned-here-s-the-first-design-499487.shtml

some spec; atom cherry trail x5 8550, 5.5 inches screen, keyboard and game controllers and more

take it a look.

q4648114543125397b47.jpeg

v1867114539730720a47.jpeg

r1904514539730004f47.jpeg

nope nope i dont trust them look at the names of the ports it seems a bit odd

Specs: CPU: I5 6600K (4.5 GHZ), GPU: RX 480 (stock), Mobo: MSI Z170A tomahawk AC, RAM: Corsair 16GB drr4 2600, CASE: NZXT S340, storage 240GB crusial SSD and a 1TB WD HHD

So basically a Windows version of the Open Pandora / Pyra

If it was <£500 I would instantly buy one right now

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Those port namings are weird af. They don't make sense to me. 

I don't quite see the point of this either. Perhaps it would make more sense if they would put Android on it (Something like a Nvidia Shield)

Perhaps Pokemon emulators will be good on it tho. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Yeah I forged the ports are labeled wrong the micro HDMI and the USB type c

23 minutes ago, Sidiox said:

Those port namings are weird af. They don't make sense to me. 

I don't quite see the point of this either but maybe thats just because I don't like gaming on Android.

Perhaps Pokemon emulators will be good on it tho. 

It's a window 10 device maybe with dual Boot

Just a prototype render still in development

8 minutes ago, leafar said:

It's a window 10 device maybe with dual Boot

I should have clearified, I don't see why something like this would run windows rather than Android

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

since nvidia doesn't want to update the shield portable, i'd buy this if it's more powerful (ofc i'll be replacing w10 with fedora)

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Just now, Sidiox said:

I should have clearified, I don't see why something like this would run windows rather than Android

Steam Home Streaming.

thats all i got lol

Oh and what little games on the store.

...why would you want one?

I mean i prefer my phone with a bluetooth controller.

Less bulky, same screen size, and i can use it for well, phone stuff...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I'd love to have a portable hand held gaming PC for retro indie games, but I don't know if this is what I'd get...

oh man this thing would be great as a steam in-home streaming handheld... this will be like the greatest umpc if it comes out... im excited. i love me some super small handheld full x86 computers.. own like 10 different kinds <_>

4 hours ago, samcool55 said:

but does it work on all of your games and also which controller and phone?

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

28 minutes ago, Slyhawk said:

but does it work on all of your games and also which controller and phone?

Well it works with the games i want it to work with.

Mostly i play emulated PSX and GBA games, and the controller i have is a cheap chinese one. Ipega stuff i don't know.
This one: http://www.gearbest.com/game-controllers/pp_307538.html

Works fine, it emulates keyboard controls so every game that has bindable buttons to a keyboard works perfectly.
At least that's the mode i use it in, it has other modes but i have no idea what they exacly are.

I also managed to play gran turismo 2 split screen on it :D me using the bluetooth controller and a friend of me holding the phone and using the on-screen buttons.

If you can try such thing, you should, it's stupid, but awesome. And it works suprisingly well if you get it right :D

And my phone is an Mlais M52, before that i had a S advance.

Had issues with the S advance, probably because i used a custom rom. But it works fine on my M52.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's millions of reasons for wanting a handheld Windows 10 device, but my hearth has been broken many times already so I won't hold my breath, if this, homewer, actually gets made and put up for sale, I'm counting myself in as a costumer right now, even if it ain't great, even if it's even kinda bad, as long as it works, and it's a thing, count me in.

On 1/2/2016 at 2:08 PM, samcool55 said:

Steam games, not having to rely on ports of old PC games for Android, the possibility of using USB classic controllers, etc.