New Streaming Computer Help

MoInMo

Hello LTT.  I am coming at you guys today with a question about anew pc I am trying to build. I currently have an i7 3930k, 16gb of RAM, and a gtx 780. I am planning on building another computer to either only stream with, or only use as a gaming computer. Haven't decided yet. The streaming would be done through an elgato hd60 pro, and the game would be Counter Strike: Global Offensive at 1080p 144hz. I know that I consistently get 300fps right now maxed out, but I was thinking of using my existing oc as the streaming one. I am going to get an HD 7950 this week for $80, and then was trying to decide if I should get an i7 920, or an i5 3570k. Both would be about $100. What do you guys think? Thanks for all the help in advance. Looking forward to reading responses.

Sounds like you've got it planned out pretty well. Go for the i5, much much newer and you don't need hyperthreading for gaming or streaming. Good price on a 7970 btw

Personally why? you should have to stream fine 1080p 60fps depending on your internet ... I able to stream 1080p 60fps with i7 6700k and 980ti and my cpu is never hitting 100% and similar with gpu ... It not worth the hassle and the money ... that money could be spent on better GPU or another monitor. 

Magical Pineapples

7 minutes ago, MoInMo said:

Hello LTT.  I am coming at you guys today with a question about anew pc I am trying to build. I currently have an

Ya, like your PC is fine for streaming on it's own, you don't need a secondary rig and a capture card, just save your money for the next gen GPUs and get an adaptive sync display or something, or upgrade your CPU to a 5820K at some point

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?