Titan Z or Titan X?

3 minutes ago, thatguyyouknow75 said:

I'm assuming though that the computer has an emphasis on gaming. Otherwise he would probably be using a workstation card at that budget 

The Titan Z and Titan X's were designed for Workstation uses, with gaming performance on the side. The Titan Z is basically 2 Titan Blacks in SLI, but on the same board and the Titan X is an entry level workstation grade card with good gaming performance.

They were mostly designed for people that wanted work done and gaming on the side.

2 minutes ago, WolfDaBoss said:

Somewhat of an emphasis. I can't afford an M6000 so I was looking at two titan x's and a quadro m4000

Then quite frankly get the x's, they are more powerfulthan a titan z bu talso newer and will likely be supported longer. There's also power consumption but that's marginal

Just now, Sam Z Man said:

Do I care... Nope.

That much is obvious, but as the purpose of this forum is to help people, not insult them. Can we keep this on point please?

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1 minute ago, thatguyyouknow75 said:

Then quite frankly get the x's, they are more powerfulthan a titan z bu talso newer and will likely be supported longer. There's also power consumption but that's marginal

The Titan Z has something that the X's don't. And that's DP. Since his science work needs DP he should just get the Titan Z, or 2 Titan Blacks. Unless he wants 2-3 descreet GPUs in a case. 2 GPUs for Gaming and 1 Quadro card for DP. But I see that as unessesary cost.

2 minutes ago, SkywardKkalox said:

The Titan Z and Titan X's were designed for Workstation uses, with gaming performance on the side. The Titan Z is basically 2 Titan Blacks in SLI, but on the same board and the Titan X is an entry level workstation grade card with good gaming performance.

They were mostly designed for people that wanted work done and gaming on the side.

I agree but I was disappointed when they took out DP on the titan x just so they can put it on the quadro that is basically just a titan x with dp and it costs 4000 dollars more

Just now, WolfDaBoss said:

I agree but I was disappointed when they took out DP on the titan x just so they can put it on the quadro that is basically just a titan x with dp and it costs 4000 dollars more

Welcome to Nvdia's marketing team. Where 3.5GB VRAM GPUs are a thing(sorry that meme must not die) and Titans are getting chopped down.

1 minute ago, SkywardKkalox said:

Welcome to Nvdia's marketing team. Where 3.5GB VRAM GPUs are a thing(sorry that meme must not die) and Titans are getting chopped down.

I am surprised people still remembered that meme but in the new refresh of cards (Pascal), I don't think titans will be considered anywhere near a gaming card-workstation card mix as I expect it to be an overpriced gaming card with less of the workstation features on it and instead it is on the quadro counterpart. I also fear the price as I predict it is going to have a whopping 32 gigs of vram

28 minutes ago, Sam Z Man said:

Just get whatever you feel will compensate more for what you really are missing in real life, that's really the only point of owning either of these cards.

e-penis != getting a powerful card for deep learning/science

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 hour ago, Sam Z Man said:

Do I care... Nope.

Yeah mate... Some people need their machines to do actual work. Yes stock the 980ti will likely produce slightly higher FPS in your favourite games, and for a lower price. But then the Titan X has much higher VRAM, and far better compute performance for things where you need accuracy and the ability to crunch lots of simultaneous numbers, rather than quickly showing you "pwning" people online.

@WolfDaBoss If you don't use DP that often the Quadro + Titan X's should do, although its a slightly weird setup. If its major to what you do, the Titan Z's will have to do. At this price point, differences in cost start to matter less and less as well, so whatever you can afford I suppose.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti