EA “on a journey to regain the trust of PC gamers”

EmmaMay

With EA being “on a journey to regain the trust of PC gamers”*, will EA be able to regain that trust? can EA really improve origin or with Steam being the monster that it is should EA not of just launched there games on the Steam platform? personally I think with EA Access that will help them, £3.99 a month is a good deal for unlimited gameplay

*source: http://gamerant.com/electronic-arts-pc-gamers/

Origin is pretty good, I just want one single feature, have download limits, when I'm in a discord chat it completely ruins it when it uses all of my connection. I think the only reason people don't like it is because its another thing to install. Even uplay dare I say it is quite good now. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Step 1: Release your titles on Steam.

Step 2: ???

Step 3: Profit.

Is Sims 4 and the ONE missing Sims 3 DLC too much to ask for on Steam?

2 minutes ago, FoxxyRin said:

Step 1: Release your titles on Steam.

Step 2: ???

Step 3: Profit.

Is Sims 4 and the ONE missing Sims 3 DLC too much to ask for on Steam?

But Steam is shit.

But I gotta say, EA would make more money if they sold their games on Steam.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

This has already been discussed on the WAN show.

imo any company can talk the talk but can they walk the walk?

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

I personally think that Steam could do several things to improve: a GUI improvement maybe being something that's priority after they've sorted out some security bugs. I mean, I installed a theme, which I wouldn't have done if they'd replicated their fullscreen mode but to take advantage of Windowed mode by utilizing all that real estate.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

In general I cant complain about EA.

Yes some of there game patches take forever to come out and normally break more than they fix.

Yes the whole idea of having one central backend keeping stats for ingame activity is just plain nuts.

Yes I would like to be able to pick my location for downloading patches and have the ability to have said patches hosted at a ISP level so it doesnt effect your data limit.

Yes I would like to be able to use origin on whatever bloody browser I want and have it work flawlessly.

Yes I would like to see games released feel like they are actually the finished product instead of a updated beta.

Besides that no issues. :-p

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

But Steam is shit.

But I gotta say, EA would make more money if they sold their games on Steam.

If people like Origin, then I think they should feel free to use it. However, I think that they shouldn't turn a single platform (aka PC) into a dumb console-like rivalry because of a game hub software. We're all on PC, so let us have all of our games through the service we prefer. Honestly, it's a win/win, because they'll make more money if they offer their games on more platforms.

4 minutes ago, JWMutant said:

In general I cant complain about EA.

Yes some of there game patches take forever to come out and normally break more than they fix.

Yes the whole idea of having one central backend keeping stats for ingame activity is just plain nuts.

Yes I would like to be able to pick my location for downloading patches and have the ability to have said patches hosted at a ISP level so it doesnt effect your data limit.

Yes I would like to be able to use origin on whatever bloody browser I want and have it work flawlessly.

Yes I would like to see games released feel like they are actually the finished product instead of a updated beta.

Besides that no issues. :-p

To be fair, EA has gotten SO much better at releasing finished games.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

3 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

To be fair, EA has gotten SO much better at releasing finished games.

Oh for sure they have gotten better.

However and ill give an example here..... BF4's release was wow-full however BF Hardline's release was great. Thats more go to do with the fact that they seem to think that using the BF4 engine, the BF4 physics and the general BF4 gameplay skinning it to look like cops and robbers instead of soldiers will win over the public. LOL They literally skinned a game they have been working on for 4+ years, how could it not be a great release. 

16 minutes ago, FoxxyRin said:

If people like Origin, then I think they should feel free to use it. However, I think that they shouldn't turn a single platform (aka PC) into a dumb console-like rivalry because of a game hub software. We're all on PC, so let us have all of our games through the service we prefer. Honestly, it's a win/win, because they'll make more money if they offer their games on more platforms.

I'm pretty certain they had their reasons to leave Steam. One of them being...and I know some people are sick of the word...money.

Yes. EA likes money. They get a lot of it every year. They like to turn over as much profit as they can with as little waste as possible.

However, you have something like Steam, which isn't EA's property, taking a cut of the profit. Specifically, 30%. EA probably didn't like that because Valve were starting to take a sizable chunk of EA's profits.
What did EA do? They cut out the middleman and made Origin. A platform made for EA games old and new, from Wing Commander to Star Wars: Battlefront.

Since they cut out the middleman and sell their own games on their own service, they get 100% of the profit to go to developing games and services further. Nothing wrong with that.

And whilst Origin started out pretty rough and sort of ended up a joke for the first few months - if not couple of years - that it released...don't forget, Steam wasn't exactly popular when it launched either. Half-Life 2 started the whole online activation thing that people to this day still aren't keen on.
And let's be frank here - it's a client. It doesn't hurt to install a client on your computer......unless your name is Uplay.

I know what you're thinking though. "CD Projekt and Ubisoft have their own clients as well and they still sell through Steam!"
That's true. Ubisoft's and CD Projekt's games are available through Steam as well as the respective Uplay and GOG platforms. But whilst they get a lot of money all the same through Steam because let's be honest, their games sell a ton......it makes more sense for them to sell it on their own platform, because they are big enough companies to be able to get away with that.
In fact, The Witcher 3 had dominated the PC market through GOG alone; it took over Steam, Green Man Gaming, GamersGate and several over platforms combined.

A relatively small Polish company had usurped a titan of an American distributor. Who'd have thought.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

I dont care about Origin. I only start it to play BF. EA should sell on Steam. And about the Trust. EA has to proof alot bevore i even think about trust them again. They have a very long way to go. 

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

So can we expect ME3 MP to be patched in time for LANsyndicate?  Kinda sucks never being able to actually use a lot MP games for LAN because they require WAN and micro-transactions, problem is few have the BW to cope with that for more than a couple PCs.  Or do they only "care" when it's their current hot product and not their actual catalog.

EA and Origin aren't that bad. At least I can play the EA games I paid for unlike Ubisoft games.

10 hours ago, daniellearmouth said:

A relatively small Polish company had usurped a titan of an American distributor. Who'd have thought.

Yep, but that's what happens when the devs(CDProjektRed) put so much effort into the game and give players so much content and playability and keep on actively fixing their bugs,glitches, etc. CD Projekt deserves every bit of their recent success with the Witcher 3, it was by far the best game of 2015 and no other dev tried nearly as hard as CD Projekt to bring such a good game not to mention with free DLC and a 10 hour campaign DLC(and upcoming 20 hr DLC). That's how you get players to love you :P

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

The thing with EA is that their releases quality is very uneven.

BF4 launch was a disaster, and even with the gigantic work done by Dice (which makes the game good apparently), I just can't play it, I'd rather go on BF3.
Aside of that, I really loved Dragon Age Inquisition. Unravel appeals me a lot, the artistic direction looks amazing, and EA didn't kill it with micro transactions and so on.

I believe we can't blame them to do some bad games like Battlefront, because you could test the game through the beta, and ... not buy it ? Same goes for NFS.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

I don't think PC gamers hate EA. Not anymore anyway. We have some problems with them like the simcity debacle but on the whole they are not bad. One thing I hope they do not repeat is the manner in which they sold Mass Effect 3 DLC. Horrible to think that some people did not get to experience things like the 'from ashes' and 'leviathan' DLC which are critical to the players understanding of the story. Having said that all 3 mass effect games were an unforgettable experience for me and I will be thankful to EA and bioware for that till the day I die. Dice (part of EA) are also responsible for the best engineered and optimized modern graphics engine today, I.e. Frostbite. As far as Origin goes yes I do prefer steam cause it's more feature rich and innovative but most of the time i don't have a major issue with Origin. I open it and launch my games, what's the big deal? I don't think we should jump on bandwagons and hate companies like EA.

17 hours ago, daniellearmouth said:

I'm pretty certain they had their reasons to leave Steam. One of them being...and I know some people are sick of the word...money.

Yes. EA likes money. They get a lot of it every year. They like to turn over as much profit as they can with as little waste as possible.

However, you have something like Steam, which isn't EA's property, taking a cut of the profit. Specifically, 30%. EA probably didn't like that because Valve were starting to take a sizable chunk of EA's profits.

You're absolutely right. However i'm pretty sure that companies like EA, Ubisoft and CD Projekt do not give Valve 30% cut of steam revenue. I know 30% is the baseline figure most people even indie devs give up. But for the AAA games the big publishers have negotiating power. Valve wants them on steam and you can be sure that they cut some deals more favourable than the usual 70% which typical devs get. Of course the devs won't tell us as it's against the TOS.