This is a good pc for host a server ? (rust minecraft)

brubru1998

AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core / Evga 1070ti ftw 2 8 gb/ MSI B450 tomawack / Stock cooler/ G.SKILL 16gb 3000mhz RGB / 860 evo 500 GB /  XL2411 144HZ  / Western digital blue 1 TB 7200 RPM/ Corsair 760T (white) |Window 10 pro

pc.PNG

AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core / Evga 1070ti ftw 2 8 gb/ MSI B450 tomawack / Stock cooler/ G.SKILL 16gb 3000mhz RGB / 860 evo 500 GB /  XL2411 144HZ  / Western digital blue 1 TB 7200 RPM/ Corsair 760T (white) |Window 10 pro

I think not because servers need alot of RAM in the first place (especially minecraft)

I would go for an intel i5 atleast, because the workload for a minecraft server can be huge.

CPU: Intel i5 6600 @ 3.3GHz (Boost 3.9GHz) | Motherboard: ASUS Skylake Z170-K | RAM: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz GPU: ASUS GeForce STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + 250GB | PSU: Cooler Master GM Series G650M | Case: Cooler Master CM 690 III (side window)

It really depends if you are going to fill it with plugins and have 50+ people on it.

2 minutes ago, Andrew_C said:

How many users do you plan to host?

30 max 

2 minutes ago, DennisBerry said:

I think not because servers need alot of RAM in the first place (especially minecraft)

I would go for an intel i5 atleast, because the workload for a minecraft server can be huge.

with my old dual core duo 2, I was able to host a 10 man CSGO server and a 20 people TS server at the same time with 4gb of ram so not all servers need that much power but with things such as minecraft, you probably do want at lease more ram as since the levels can become bigger or get instantly destroyed by TNT.

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Just now, brubru1998 said:

30 max 

Then yes :) .. as the specs suggest..

Minimum 20-40 Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 x2 2GB At least 150MB for world saves Be sure to have at least a low-ping internet connection.
(Such as DSL or Cable)

For example I host 2 server on this machine:

-Minecraft modded server

-Killing floor 2 server

xM9pVnD.png

A modded minecraft server can easily use up to 7 GB of RAM, right now there is 1 player online on the minecraft server and it uses around 18% of my i7 CPU, and around 4.2GB of RAM already.

CPU: Intel i5 6600 @ 3.3GHz (Boost 3.9GHz) | Motherboard: ASUS Skylake Z170-K | RAM: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz GPU: ASUS GeForce STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + 250GB | PSU: Cooler Master GM Series G650M | Case: Cooler Master CM 690 III (side window)

1 minute ago, Andrew_C said:

How can you say "NO!" when the page you just linked to suggests the product above IS suitable (depending on user load)....

Look again ;)

If you want a reply PLEASE QUOTE ME!

WE NEED CUSTOM MEMBER TITLES AGAIN!!!!!

Member title post link!

Depends a lot on your connection if you plan to have it at home.

I can make a server with my laptop?

spec: i7 4700HQ, 16 gb ram, gtx 765M 

Just now, brubru1998 said:

Yes, However I wouldn't recommend running it 24/7

7 minutes ago, brubru1998 said:

Yes, I do the same. My current server specs:

- intel core i7 3630QM @2.35Ghz

- 16Gb DDR3 RAM

- Samsung 840 pro 260GB SSD

- AMD Radean HD 7670 (but video graphics are not important for a server)

1 minute ago, DennisBerry said:

Yes, I do the same. My current server specs:

- intel core i7 3630QM @2.35Ghz

- 16Gb DDR3 RAM

- Samsung 840 pro 260GB SSD

- AMD Radean HD 7670 (but video graphics are not important for a server)

Oh, my laptop have a SSD adata pcie, (120 gb) and a HDD western digital black 750GB

I placed my laptop in a desktop case with a fan in it, also I bought some fire alarm things just to be sure...

If I'm going on vacation I'm powering the server off because you never know what can happen (fire).

Processors runs at 99% in daytime (because if you will do 100% intel speedstep will kick in and heat your processor) in the nighttime the processor speed is at 70%. Got software running that monitors the CPU temperatures, and if the temperature goes above 80 degrees it will auto shut-down)

You can use that computer, but you will probably be limited to about 10 Vanilla Minecraft players. You can run rust, but since (i believe) it is a cpu hog, you might not want to run rust servers. Same with csgo; you can run it, but it wont be pretty.

My native language is C++

5 hours ago, DennisBerry said:

Not if it is linux servers, 4gb ram would be heaps plenty

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core 12 Threads Motherboard TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING RAM 32GB Dual-Channel DDR4 GPU 11GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti Case be quiet! White OS Linux Mint Cinnamon

It will work but I wouldn't recommend. Especially if you plan to play something like modded minecraft, which will use a lot more CPU and RAM. Also if you plan on using WorldEdit and other plugins with Spigot (Bukkit = Dead) then you might crash your server from WorldEdit lag and the RAM may fill up. I'd recommend you run Linux so that you have more RAM available to the server and less being hogged by Windows start menu and Cortana etc. PM me if you need any help by the way, I'm currently running BungeeCord with 4 other servers being Virtualized on legacy hardware (DL360 G5, 2009 era stuff with only 8GB RAM and a dual core Xeon 5130).

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

People who say you need LOTS of ram for minecraft are usually wrong.

If you want just vanilla, spigot, or bukkit, bump up the slots to your needs. Modpacks are a different story. They can take much more.

I ran Tekkit Classic with just 2 of us on it with some machines and it was clipping nearly 8 GB with just the MC Server and Windows running.

IT DEPENDS ON THE MODPACKS!!!

If you are really going to be paying 50$ a month for it maybe you should look into paying 20 $ more for a much more decent server ;)

https://www.soyoustart.com/us/game-servers/

https://www.soyoustart.com/us/essential-servers/

I strongly vouch OVH, but the server you mentioned should be more than fine but it really is not a bang for the buck. Its pretty bad value for what it is.

EDIT:

Oh thats the price for the actual unit? Get it xD if nothing you can have fun with it.

Edited by Macronus
Again didn't read the post correctly.

About me | Blog