Dota2 or league of legend?

ChaixD

I wanted to know as a league of legends player what moba is harder to play and can it be explained because ive been told that dota2 is harder but ive seen it played by a friend several times and it seema rather boring and without mecanics but maybe there is something im missing can someone help me out?

it seema rather boring and without mecanics

You perfectly described my view of both games. I recommend Heroes of the Storm, its refreshing compared to other moba's.

FX-6300 cooled by Nepton 240M | EVGA GTX 970 SuperClocked | 8GB G.Skill ValueRAM | Cooler Master 690 III | Sharkoon WMP 500 Bronze

Power supplies:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/406160-psu-ranking-and-tiers/ My F@h stats: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=zyntaxable Intel vs. FX for gaming: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/401217-more-updated-fx-vs-intel-for-gaming/

both suck IMO.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Don't really play League, but I've played Dota since 2005, it's pretty deep in terms of style of play -- how you're suppose to play heroes and how that style of play is suitable to other heroes. Like the guy above me said, there is a hero, Meepo, that you can play that act as five individual heroes with the same skill, you need to have extremely good micro skills. On the other hand, there is a hero, Invoker, with 10 skills, which you can pick 2 at a time, and if you're fast enough you can throw combos at enemy heroes.

Individual skills are necessary, but it doesn't take anything away from being able to play with your team. You could be really good but still be detrimental to your team's success.

Also graphics are better. Which is nice.

AMD SUX

CoD is better!

DotA2 has more bugs and limitations that it carried over from Warcraft III engine than mechanics

DotA2 is Harder to play as you have to constantly fight against these limitations that shouldn't be there in the first place,

but when you do master it - it becomes very enjoyable to exploit them to it's fullest and beat the crap out of nabs

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

both suck IMO.

Don't hate on the genre because of the high skill ceiling. Let me take a guess, you tried it and immediately hated it because you couldn't carry your weight. Sound about right?

There's way too many variables in moba's; and yes, it's virtually impossible to master every hero. That's the attractions to most players. Hell, even the experienced players always learn something new. It's definitely rewarding if you have thick skin and are eager to learn, though.

With regards to the OP's question, D2 is much harder. If you've played LoL the transition shouldn't be as painful.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Dota 2. It is objectively harder, and more competitive than League.

But is it mechanicaly harder?

Personally I prefer DOTA 2 since I have been playing for a while.

REALLY BIG SIGNATURE.

WOW

I play both but I like League better. Dots 2 is definitely the more difficult one of those two.

Example:

In League when you send hero one direction and suddenly click and send him the opposite direction he will instantly change direction and continue going at the same speed. In Dota 2 your hero will actually stop then turn around and then here will continue to go the new path. This can screw up your timing tremendously and also different heroes turn around at different speeds etc...

I League you can hide in bushes. In Dota 2 you can destroy trees and hide in forest.

In League your hero is always selected. In Dota 2 you can control more units bedside your hero or accidentally unselect your hero in critical moment. This definitely requires better micro management.

Dota 2 is more punishing because when you die you will lose gold or some items. In league you don't lose anything.

There is a lot more differences but I am in phone.

played both.

dota is more complex/harder .like 4 sec stuns.and deaths matter alot.

3800X, Corsiar 32gig 3200mhz LPX, Asus Hero X570. 2080ti black edition