What is your favorite MMO besides WOW?

jewishdolphins

TERA, probably. I like the combat mechanics and how you can solo raids if you're good with your class. 

Next to that would be Vindictus for the ridiculous abilities and amount of equipment for your character. 

tumblr_ncu3r2Z21Y1tvn7beo1_5000ea02.gif

TERA, probably. I like the combat mechanics and how you can solo raids if you're good with your class. 

Have you tried Soul and Blade or Guild Wars 2? Just curious. 

Have you tried Soul and Blade or Guild Wars 2? Just curious. 

Tried Blade and Soul briefly (Korean version), didn't really get into it. Guild Wars 2 is good, though I haven't got very far and haven't played for a while. Tried Black Desert Online a little while ago, but it really doesn't have a whole lot going for it other than the character creation. 

EDIT: I tend to prefer MMOs with combat systems that give you more control, unlike Guild Wars 2, where you click to once to start attack, then use skills. Vindictus and TERA both have combat mechanics that I like. 

Tera, prior to it going F2P and getting nerfed into the ground. its to easy now, hence why I don't play it.

I pre-ordered the collectors edition and subbed for many months, stopped playing just before it going F2P, came back later as a 'Founder' but by then it was nerfed :(

I did play WoW, I don't really like admitting it due to the stigma around it, but I don't blame people for making assumptions, WoW went to shit and deserves its rep. I played Vanilla, TBC, the 1st %50 and last 25% of WotLK**, and the 1st 25% of Cata**, by this point the game was shit, and has stayed or got worse since, wont ever got back.

** in terms of the time period of the game, not completion status.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Lineage 2 was my favourite MMO back in the day, then WoW took it's place.

Now I'm playing Blade & Soul (a.k.a. Blame & Salt) from time to time and it's pretty decent. The combat is outstanding.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Tried Blade and Soul briefly (Korean version), didn't really get into it. Guild Wars 2 is good, though I haven't got very far and haven't played for a while. Tried Black Desert Online a little while ago, but it really doesn't have a whole lot going for it other than the character creation. 

EDIT: I tend to prefer MMOs with combat systems that give you more control, unlike Guild Wars 2, where you click to once to start attack, then use skills. Vindictus and TERA both have combat mechanics that I like. 

Is Tera played by a lot of people compared to GW2? Also, mind telling me more about Tera? Im trying to get into MMOs but i really dont want to waste my time with one game i like and then switching to a better game later. 

Probably Wildstar. Just too bad they totally fucked up their PVP systems at launch, and focused too much on hardcore PVE. Their veteran dungeons and raids were great, but that's not enough for a healthy MMO.

Is Tera played by a lot of people compared to GW2? Also, mind telling me more about Tera? Im trying to get into MMOs but i really dont want to waste my time with one game i like and then switching to a better game later. 

Tera has quite a few players on the EU servers, not so sure on the Korean and NA ones though. 

Best thing to do is watch combat and gameplay of TERA to see if it's your sort of thing. There's a new class coming out soon-ish, which is a ninja type class for the Elin race. 

Tera

I was a fairly big fan of Tera, but it lacks in any real late game. Also most people are playing it just for the aesthetics, which btw are beautiful. It also has what feels like a fairly unique game play element. Everything is fast and almost everything is a skillshot, even the auto attacks. The pvp was pretty cool, but lacking in terms of diversity, there was only one map and only one game mode. Only huge problem about tera was that the story was bland and i got bored of it fairly quickly. Fantastic character creation. 

Blade & Soul

I've just started playing this (im level 12) and I'm extremely impressed. It feels like a combination of any Moba(like league) and a Tera. I say this because the amount of abilities you can use is fairly limited. Unlike most MMO which have anywhere from 15-30 spells for every class and a cluttered hotbar, Blade and Soul has a very smooth feel to it and I definetly love it so far. I cant wait to get into the pvp, which from what ive seen so far is amazing compared to every other MMO ive seen. The pvp btw, is more 1v1 focused from what ive seen, unlike most MMO where its some sort of giant battlefield which an objective. My main gripe about Blade and soul is how poorly optimized it is, Im running a gt640 (2gb ddr3) and my fps never gets above 30, mind you im using a pentium g3258, which sucks

The character creation could've been better but it was still better than a lot of MMO ive seen. My only thing i would like to see changed would be more different presets, in terms of facial features & adornments. 

Rift

This unfortunately dying game was a classic for me and I loved playing this game and grinding to the max level. UNFORTUNATELY, it falls in my rankings because it suffers from what most free to play games do. A pay wall. Now considering the amount of hours I spent on it (900+)  spending money on it isnt a problem for me, what i dont like is how much of an advantage those who pay receive. .ASIDE FROM ALL THIS the games mechanics are great. It feels more like the traditional MMO where you have 40 spells on your cast/hot bar. The game does have a problem with balancing unfortunately , The warrior class for example was poorly made, if you didnt go With a specific tree of abilities you were going to do next to no damage.

NOW THE PART I LOVE. Rift did something ive seen very little of in other MMO, you could specialize and customize to an extent that felt endless on everything from you what class specialty you had. You weren't limited to a certain role depending on which class you took. all classes had a healer role, a tank and a dps specialty. some had more of each and some were better than others, but this aspect of the game i really really appreciated. 

The character creation was unfortunately limited by a paywall, there was a lot of basic character creation options but it was still fairly limited. the only features that could be bought were stuff like hair color. So ill give it a mediocre grade.

Blade & Soul

My main gripe about Blade and soul is how poorly optimized it is, Im running a gt640 (2gb ddr3) and my fps never gets above 30, mind you im using a pentium g3258, which sucks

With respect, ur using a 640 , that's ur problem. I wouldn't even consider that entry level for gaming. Lowest I would recommend for entry level gaming from Nvidia is a X50ti of the current generation at the time.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Am I the only person who didnt like WoW?

Currently playing ESO. Why? Because no monthly fee.

Linus is my fetish.

Tera

I was a fairly big fan of Tera, but it lacks in any real late game. Also most people are playing it just for the aesthetics, which btw are beautiful. It also has what feels like a fairly unique game play element. Everything is fast and almost everything is a skillshot, even the auto attacks. The pvp was pretty cool, but lacking in terms of diversity, there was only one map and only one game mode. Only huge problem about tera was that the story was bland and i got bored of it fairly quickly. Fantastic character creation. 

Blade & Soul

I've just started playing this (im level 12) and I'm extremely impressed. It feels like a combination of any Moba(like league) and a Tera. I say this because the amount of abilities you can use is fairly limited. Unlike most MMO which have anywhere from 15-30 spells for every class and a cluttered hotbar, Blade and Soul has a very smooth feel to it and I definetly love it so far. I cant wait to get into the pvp, which from what ive seen so far is amazing compared to every other MMO ive seen. The pvp btw, is more 1v1 focused from what ive seen, unlike most MMO where its some sort of giant battlefield which an objective. My main gripe about Blade and soul is how poorly optimized it is, Im running a gt640 (2gb ddr3) and my fps never gets above 30, mind you im using a pentium g3258, which sucks

The character creation could've been better but it was still better than a lot of MMO ive seen. My only thing i would like to see changed would be more different presets, in terms of facial features & adornments. 

Rift

This unfortunately dying game was a classic for me and I loved playing this game and grinding to the max level. UNFORTUNATELY, it falls in my rankings because it suffers from what most free to play games do. A pay wall. Now considering the amount of hours I spent on it (900+)  spending money on it isnt a problem for me, what i dont like is how much of an advantage those who pay receive. .ASIDE FROM ALL THIS the games mechanics are great. It feels more like the traditional MMO where you have 40 spells on your cast/hot bar. The game does have a problem with balancing unfortunately , The warrior class for example was poorly made, if you didnt go With a specific tree of abilities you were going to do next to no damage.

NOW THE PART I LOVE. Rift did something ive seen very little of in other MMO, you could specialize and customize to an extent that felt endless on everything from you what class specialty you had. You weren't limited to a certain role depending on which class you took. all classes had a healer role, a tank and a dps specialty. some had more of each and some were better than others, but this aspect of the game i really really appreciated. 

The character creation was unfortunately limited by a paywall, there was a lot of basic character creation options but it was still fairly limited. the only features that could be bought were stuff like hair color. So ill give it a mediocre grade.

With respect, ur using a 640 , that's ur problem. I wouldn't even consider that entry level for gaming. Lowest I would recommend for entry level gaming from Nvidia is a X50ti of the current generation at the time.

I really want to like blade and soul but the graphics and optimization of the game are what makes me not want to play the game. I'm really big on graphics when it comes to MMOs and I'm really only drawn to GW2 and Rift but i might give Blade a try even though i really dont like the graphics compared to other MMOs.

Am I the only person who didnt like WoW?

Currently playing ESO. Why? Because no monthly fee.

didnt like wow either.

@OP I personally like TERA and Blade and Soul

The Brokish Boy v1: CPU: i7-8700k GPU: MSI Gaming X GTX ti MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus X Code Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 4x8gb 3200mhz DRIVES: 2x3TB WD Black , 500gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 500gb 970 EVO SSD Case: be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black Headphone: ATH-MSR7 Mic: Blue Yeti Monitors: 27" BenQ GW2765 1440p; IPS, 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p; VA

I love GW2 but there's very little content on the endgame 

Does Blade and Soul have greater content in the endgame? 

EVE Online

sandbox MMOs are very fun

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

Wow so many Tera players. I was going to say Tera as well. If you do play it then make sure you play on the US servers. They are sooo much better than the EU one.

Reason why it is good: I got to play as a little girl.

EVE online.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

EVE online, Star wars the old republic. and ESO

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Played WoW only once for free trial and didn't get hooked. Runescape was my first MMO which was nice because I could play the free servers until I was ready to buy subscription back.

• 1 year later...

Ultima Online .. the first mmo (that i can recall) that had player built housing and npc vendors that you could hire to work for you, and a decent crafting system.

Dark Age of Camelot ....interesting city/guild building & crafting with the option to take over other territory  also first for a mmo I believe

EvE -honorable mention ...very indepth learning to play but massively fun with a good group of friends.

Played WoW from 2004 to 2014, just started playing Tera recently, really like it. Dungeons are a ton of fun and remind me more of old school WoW.

I've tried other MMO's and nothing got close to Tera for me. Although race specific classes get annoying lol

AMD Ryzen 1700x

ASRock x370 Taichi

Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB GDDR4 3200

EVGA GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N

Fractal Meshify C

Samsung Evo 960 Nvme M.2 500gb & WD Blue 1TB

Corsair TX850M Gold

Alienware AW2518H 240Hz Gsync

Audioengine A2+ & Sennheiser HD6xx /w Fiio K5 Pro

Deepcool Captain 240Pro V2

Vortex Race 3 Cherry Mx Red

Corsair Vengeance M65 PRO RGB