Switching mechanical switches

airitech2

Fun story,

Just got a Logitech G710+ with cherry mx brown. It was a really cheap deal for $55.

My favorite cherry switch is the blues, i love the click and so do others. Now i have no big issues with the brown switches, i just wish they were blues.

I found an old keyboard downstairs new in the box, but it was old. One that my parents bought then never used. Upon pressing a key i heard that oh so nice tactile feedback, which i then grabbed my key plucker and popped of a key to find out that their was Cherry MX Blues in!

Heres my question:

I have done a little research on switching out switches, i know the method to popping off the top and just replacing the stalk and spring. The only issue i have is that there is a LED on the keyboard, can i still pop off the top and switch the stem and spring? or with the LED is it impossible.

Another note:

In order to pop off the top i need special tweezers, can anybody link me to a cheap set? (Amazon, hopefully its a prime item/ Ebay)?

Thanks in advance..

Airitech

Fun story,

Just got a Logitech G710+ with cherry mx brown. It was a really cheap deal for $55.

My favorite cherry switch is the blues, i love the click and so do others. Now i have no big issues with the brown switches, i just wish they were blues.

I found an old keyboard downstairs new in the box, but it was old. One that my parents bought then never used. Upon pressing a key i heard that oh so nice tactile feedback, which i then grabbed my key plucker and popped of a key to find out that their was Cherry MX Blues in!

Heres my question:

I have done a little research on switching out switches, i know the method to popping off the top and just replacing the stalk and spring. The only issue i have is that there is a LED on the keyboard, can i still pop off the top and switch the stem and spring? or with the LED is it impossible.

Another note:

In order to pop off the top i need special tweezers, can anybody link me to a cheap set? (Amazon, hopefully its a prime item/ Ebay)?

Thanks in advance..

Airitech

If you can solder. Yes, post likely.

its all the same connection, just a different switch.

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn