Cat 6 cable quit working out of nowhere

Perez253

So I was playing some league of legends and out of nowhere my internet cuts out. This is this second cat 6 cable that this has happened too it just stops working I plugged it into my ps4 to make sure it isn't my computer port but it didn't work in there either. I don't know why this is happening or what is causing it. Could it be my router please help.

It's is all that I can find at my local stores and it's all that I have in My house.

Did you buy cheap cables? Usually it is almost impossible for them to break.

kind of I mean it isn't the cheapest one ever. I'm getting ready to buy a new one any suggestions need at least a 50 footer buying off Amazon.

Well CAT6 is only like 50 cent difference from CAT5E so i was like why not. Just buy one it really cheap ... around one dollar for one, maybe change your buyer/seller. 

Magical Pineapples

it could very well be your isp or router? the cable is not really the top suspect usually 

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

kind of I mean it isn't the cheapest one ever. I'm getting ready to buy a new one any suggestions need at least a 50 footer buying off Amazon.

Sadly I don't have a suggestion for you. I've never bought a CAT 6 and only used a few CAT 5s. I had never a problem with any of them, even tho one of them is sqeezed underneath a door. 

is this the cable to your computer via port 1 of your router? try checking your router utility to see if its receiving a wan signal. 192.168.x.x

is your wifi unusable aswell?

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

it could very well be your isp or router? the cable is not really the top suspect usually

my wireless works fine and my brothers Ethernet cable works..

is this the cable to your computer via port 1 of your router? try checking your router utility to see if its receiving a wan signal. 192.168.x.x

is your wifi unusable aswell?

how would I do that? And I don't have a Wi-Fi adapter on my pc always hard wired

my wireless works fine and my brothers Ethernet cable works..

in that case it should be the cable then. weird though but if it happens it happens.

cat 5e and cat6 is pretty much the same so yeah. also, why 50ft of cable? thats really long. 

how would I do that? And I don't have a Wi-Fi adapter on my pc always hard wired

see above ^

in that case it should be the cable then. weird though but if it happens it happens.

cat 5e and cat6 is pretty much the same so yeah. also, why 50ft of cable? thats really long.

router is at one end of the house my room and computer are at the other...

router is at one end of the house my room and computer are at the other...

in my experience usually any cat 5e or 6 cable should do fine. i dont really consider the cables failing as an issue. it might just be bad luck. or is the cable getting damaged along the way somewhere in your house?

I guess just get like some random 50ft cable off amazon as long as its rated proper cat 5e / cat 6 it should more or less be the same