Need new headset, what do you guys think is good recommendation?

CAKEwasTRUE
Go to solution Solved by CAKEwasTRUE,

Im gonna shoot for the 1500

I like the style

I can get it for 75 around same price as the tb i had

like 50mm drivers

So my TB Earforce z2's broke on me fell 2 feet and cracked at pivoit :( which is weird because they have fell much higher before off my table before still fine!

I was looking at some like the Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 and the Logitech G930

Sause? What do you guys think i should get

I will use them to mostly play games and sometimes listen to music

don't want to spend over 129$

dgaf about the mic...its justa mic, as long as people can here me and not like a ww2 raido

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Bose QC15...out of your price range but safe up they are amazing. If you have other poeple in your house and like to sound whore in games then really a must have :D

i5-3570k l ASRock Z77 Extreme6 LGA1155 I G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 I Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5' 7200RPM I Sapphire Radeon 7950 3GB I Cooler Master Storm Enforcer I SeaSonic 620W I Windows 7

Be aware, if you get wireless, you will have a buzzing at higher volumes.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Be aware, if you get wireless, you will have a buzzing at higher volumes.

Even when wired?

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

Even when wired?

When wireless headsets are "wired" they are just charging, the signal is still wireless.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

having gone through 5 corsair vengeance 2000's I get none of the symptoms associated with "wireless" technology

audio drops, fuzz, wireless interference, snaps crackles and pops are all symptoms of older wireless tech and not with the next gen wireless.

I can hear audio coming out of my computer 2 floors below in my laundry room and the advertised range of wireless is pretty accurate. I do get interference when I stand next to my microwave and there is also a dead spot in a certain 2 foot square area of my kitchen but I give you 10 internets if you game on your computer while standing in your kitchen

being an owner of an athm50 beyer dt770 ath ad700 I feel the audio from the corsair v2k is not bad. big loose bass but kinda messed up mids. soundstage is pretty rubbish but the wireless feature makes up for the bad points IMO

and yes I have broken them 5 times. the RMA department is top notch. I don't know if I would recommend them though.

having gone through 5 corsair vengeance 2000's I get none of the symptoms associated with "wireless" technology

audio drops, fuzz, wireless interference, snaps crackles and pops are all symptoms of older wireless tech and not with the next gen wireless.

I can hear audio coming out of my computer 2 floors below in my laundry room and the advertised range of wireless is pretty accurate. I do get interference when I stand next to my microwave and there is also a dead spot in a certain 2 foot square area of my kitchen but I give you 10 internets if you game on your computer while standing in your kitchen

being an owner of an athm50 beyer dt770 ath ad700 I feel the audio from the corsair v2k is not bad. big loose bass but kinda messed up mids. soundstage is pretty rubbish but the wireless feature makes up for the bad points IMO

and yes I have broken them 5 times. the RMA department is top notch. I don't know if I would recommend them though.

So would you say they break real easily from "on and off" the head or did you ever drop them?

I'd suggest the beyerdynamic dt770s. Not sure if it's $120 in your country though, I managed to get mine for around £90 though.

nope the first one I treated normally and each subsequent one I treated royally

to give an example linus uploaded a few videos of the corsair and I cringed, cowered and butt puckered each time he held the headset casually by just the earcup and having it flop around. I had that kind of visceral reaction from just watching an internet video you can imagine how I treat my gear.

nope the first one I treated normally and each subsequent one I treated royally

to give an example linus uploaded a few videos of the corsair and I cringed, cowered and butt puckered each time he held the headset casually by just the earcup and having it flop around. I had that kind of visceral reaction from just watching an internet video you can imagine how I treat my gear.

I see, OCD on the gear. that's how im gonna be after treating my z2 casually!

Also since its USB Can i use any of these headset on ps3 or ps4? (if i ever get one!)

I can get audio out from my xbox when I wire the xbox audio into my computer

can't get audio into it though but I don't want to talk to 4 year olds on xbox anyways

I can get audio out from my xbox when I wire the xbox audio into my computer

can't get audio into it though but I don't want to talk to 4 year olds on xbox anyways

I just have friends ive personally know for a long time that only have ps3 and haven't been able to talk to them!

no bigge though

You could save some money and go for the Corsair Vengeance 1500 which are not wireless. But they have a very long USB cable and digitally re-produce 7.1  ;) My Gigabyte comes with Dolby Digital sound software that really takes these headphones and puts them "on 10."

CORSAIR AIR 540 | CORSAIR AX1200i | GIGABYTE 990FXA-UD7 REV 3.0

AMD 8350 Vishera 5.0GHz @ 1.525V | CORSAIR H100i Push/Pull | CORSAIR VENGEANCE 32GB  DDR3 1600Mhz

KINGSTON HYPER 3K 120GB (2) RAID 0 | SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1.5TB (4) RAID 5 | EVGA GTX 770 4GB FTW ACX (SLI) | CORSAIR AX1200i

for a pure wireless and playstation wireless experience I'd skip the playstation branded wireless and go for the next generation sony pulse playstation headset.

be warned the mic on it is rubbish. also I am not sure if the wireless on it is as interference free as with my corsair

otherwise completely disregard headsets and get a headphone and separate microphone for true audio experience.

So would you guys say the 2000 and the 1500 are the same thing just one is wireless and costs more?

I used to think that the drivers used in the 2000 was the same as the ones in the 1500 and 1300 but a recent video from pax either from corsair or from linus said that the 2000 had a different driver and will now be used in the next generation 1400 and 1500 v2

note they did announce a 2100 wireless update that boasts a more "rugged and durable" construction

Do not get wireless, their mics are horrid and sound isn't great, if you want a good pair either A40's or corsair 1500's.

Here is the most honest review I have seen of the 1500's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qe3buJBYCI

Here is the mic of the G930's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Y_4URYgLdW0#t=218

Hope this helps but most people recomned A40's since they are fairly good but astro was just bought by skullcandy.... So yeah... Get an older pair! 

I wouldn't drop money on wireless, unless you can replace the battery. Those NiCad batteries - if not charged properly, can create charge points that will adversely effect how long they hold a charge. Same holds true with any rechargeable batteries. 

I had the PS3 Wireless "7.1" Headset. The microphone sucked - and the battery would take almost 2-3 hours to get a FULL charge (when it was new) and it lasted about 7 1/2 - 8 if I was lucky. Now it charges to "FULL" in about 30 minutes and lasts 2 hours. See where I'm going? I don't trust rechargeable batteries, unless they can be replaced. Then by all means, get the wireless because - and I quote "F*** CORDS!"

AMD 8350 Vishera 5.0GHz @ 1.525V | CORSAIR H100i Push/Pull | CORSAIR VENGEANCE 32GB  DDR3 1600Mhz

KINGSTON HYPER 3K 120GB (2) RAID 0 | SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1.5TB (4) RAID 5 | EVGA GTX 770 4GB FTW ACX (SLI) | CORSAIR AX1200i

I like the style

like 50mm drivers

You pay for the name with Bose. If you wanted great audio fidelity then I, personally, would recommend Shure. Buy them on Amazon if you can - they have a great return policy.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1UH0K30491

A0SF_1_20121106_85895326.jpg

This is what I currently own and use. They don't make your head too too sweaty after wearing them for a few hours straight and they're super comfortable...oh and the headphone hair dents are that bad either. 

Sounds quality is pretty superb and for the bass, it's not super bassy, but there's enough there. I find it to be the perfect mix, because I don't like super bassy headphones. 

COMIC SANS

I like the style

like 50mm drivers

Great choice! Just know they aren't really base heavy so if you listen to a lot of base heavy music as well it's a thought to keep in mind! :D

Great choice! Just know they aren't really base heavy so if you listen to a lot of base heavy music as well it's a thought to keep in mind! :D

Dude i got a 12" sub on my desktop speakers, if i need bass i have it!  :lol: