R9 380x vs 390

Prismo_

I don't know what one to get the most graphics intense game I play is ark survival evolved what should I go for and what can I play them at. 

Thanks

If you can afford the 390x, get it.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1231 V3 3.4ghz CPU COOLER: Cryorig H7 w/ Red Corsair SP120mm  MOBO: MSI SLI Krait Edition Z170 MEMORY: G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb (2x4) Storage: Kingston V300 120gb, WD 1TB GPU: MSI R9 390X CASE: Phantom 410 (ew) PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Modular 550w CASE FANS: 4 CORSAIR SP120mm MONITOR: LG 25UM67 KEYBOARD: Das4 Ultimate Cherry MX Blue MOUSE: Deathadder Chroma Left-Handed AUDIO: Sennheiser HD598 Black, Astro A40s

I don't know what one to get the most graphics intense game I play is ark survival evolved what should I go for and what can I play them at. 

Thanks

Neither card will run ark well. But the 390 is significantly faster, and also more expensive than the 380x. Choose the one in your budget

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

Get the R9 390 i have one myself (The sapphire edition) and it performs brilliantly.

Neither card will run ark well. But the 390 is significantly faster, and also more expensive than the 380x. Choose the one in your budget

Im thinking the 390 but I will have to wait a bit till I get the money for one and I will see what one to get.

I'm going to say 390 for 2 reasons,

1. I believe 380x is just an overclocked 380. you could overclock a 380 yourself (unverified info)

2. Other than price and wattage it's clock speeds, stream processors, and bus width are all around better

reference http://www.anandtech.com/show/9784/the-amd-radeon-r9-380x-review.

Find me on Steam! FunkMastaPost

1. I believe 380x is just an overclocked 380. you could overclock a 380 yourself (unverified info)

2. Other than price and wattage it's clock speeds, stream processors, and bus width are all around better

The r9 380x has more stream processors than the r9 380

Out of curiousity, what makes you think a 390 can't run ARK? Evidence?

EDIT: Run ARK well*

You are right that neither of the cards can't run ark at high settings yet because of the lack of optimization but the r9 390 can certainly run it at medium with 60 fps 1080p

The 380x has more stream processors, it's not just an "overclocked 380". Better read your sources if you're gonna reference them

Out of curiousity, what makes you think a 390 can't run ARK? Evidence?

EDIT: Run ARK well*

Have you been living under a rock? And no, I don't consider stuttering and crappy graphics "well". 

The 380x has more stream processors, it's not just an "overclocked 380". Better read your sources if you're gonna reference them

Primarily the reason why I stated that I did not verify that info. Also, despite poor optimization, it should get maybe 30 fps at 1080p on high. Tweaking can help that.

Primarily the reason why I stated that I did not verify that info. Also, despite poor optimization, it should get maybe 30 fps at 1080p on high. Tweaking can help that.

30fps with drops into the 20s is not playable. I'm sorry but it's not. Especially with a mid-high end card such as the 390. It's not optimized for any platform yet. That is that

30fps with drops into the 20s is not playable. I'm sorry but it's not. Especially with a mid-high end card such as the 390. It's not optimized for any platform yet. That is that

So you are saying I should get what card.

Not being optimized I agree, as well as 30fps not being a very optimal experience, but you're going down to what is simply a matter of opinion. if I REALLY want to go play ARK, and I only have a 390,  medium at 60fps on 1080 is just fine.

So you are saying I should get a -------

390 but play other amazing pc games that run like butter on the 390

Not being optimized I agree, as well as 30fps not being a very optimal experience, but you're going down to what is simply a matter of opinion. if I REALLY want to go play ARK, and I only have a 390,  medium at 60fps on 1080 is just fine.

More like in the 40s-50s. I am sorry if it sounded like I was attacking you bro. But ark really does run poorly even on the highest end of systems at 1080p.

More like in the 40s-50s. I am sorry if it sounded like I was attacking you bro. But ark really does run poorly even on the highest end of systems at 1080p.

No worries! Simply different opinions. I played on just Xbox 360 and Xbone for about 3 years. I have comparatively low standards lol... :huh:

No worries! Simply different opinions. I played on just Xbox 360 and Xbone for about 3 years. I have comparatively low standards lol... :huh:

Yeah. The 380x and 390 would offer much better performance than both those systems. However, if you can find fun in a game then by all means go ahead and play it. I had fun playing 4 way co op on the xbox 360 which was like 360p 30fps lol.

Yeah. The 380x and 390 would offer much better performance than both those systems. However, if you can find fun in a game then by all means go ahead and play it. I had fun playing 4 way co op on the xbox 360 which was like 360p 30fps lol.

Xbox 360, Super Nintendo, and PS2 will always have a special exception for me. Super Nintendo got me into games, PS2 made me love them, and the 360 allowed me to still enjoy them when I didn't have the money for a desktop as a young teenager.

Dude, get the 390, it is by far the better card. It should play ARK at ultra 1080p.

FYI, the 390X will do even better.