Intel vs. AMD!

Intel solely because AMD hasn't stepped up much in recent years. I want AMD to step up so they push Intel to do more.

as dose everyone with some sense about themselves...

2600K 4.6ghz, Maximus IV extreme-z, 16gb 1600, GTX 780, SB X-Fi Titanium HD, CM silent pro m 850, corsair 800D

Intel, can't give you a reason but I find AMD always for cheaper build quality and people on budget. Sounds very dickish but... just an Intel fanboy.

Hello

Everytime I see one of these debates, people always bring up how 8 cores is pointless, they say how most games utilize 2-4 threads, same as most video rendering software etc. But I find this silly, as Almost nobody runs only 1 program at a time. They compare an I5 with an equivalantly priced 8350 (1 program at a time) and say look the I5 performs better for gaming. But I render a lot of videos (useing 4 threads) and You know what I like to do while rendering videos? Play video games. I'd like to see benchmarks run comparing an I5 3570 and an fx 8350's gaming performance while rendering videos, I'd be surprised to see intel come out on top, not to mention the 8350 OC's like a machine. so there is legitamate use for an 8core processor in the gaming grade price range. But what really turns me off about intel is the way the treat customers, all AMD CPU's are unlocked, while intel makes you pay extra for special "K" editions, even though locking is an artificial process done after the manufactoring! it takes more work to lock the processor then to leave it unlocked! then intel bassicly gives the finger to the DIY computer builder by saying they are abandoning the socket, whether they take it back or not, it shows a lack of intreset in the DIY computer building community.

for the price you just cant beat AMD. shell out a little extra cash and get better performance overall with intel. for example at the price of a 8350 one can get his/her hands on an i5 3550p...which when compared to an 8350 is an under-performer...but for a little more cash an i5 3570k can do quite a bit more.

BUT YES , if i had to choose i would lean towards intel as of now!!

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16                     

Use Intel 3570K for my gaming build! Love it! :)

I don't prefer one over the other, just going with whichever is better at the time. Right now that's intel so I've got an i7. When I next upgrade my CPU I'll go with whichever is better for me at the time.

AMD for budget, Intel for performance. And like many have said thats just right now, it could change soon (which would be good really). AMD also excells in APU performance over Intel. So if youre in that market as well, AMD is where its at.

so when i was getting started on my first build i heard a lot of slanderous talk about AMD people saying that their products were not as good as intels and making it sound like they were the worst products ever but i later found out that they were just closed minded i have used both AMD and intel and find both their products really good but i did notice AMD was better for video editing and intel was better for gaming so my question is what do you guys prefer and why?

Well actually Intel is better for Editing and Rendering...

I'm using AMD, never had Intel and im Happy with it.. enough horsepower for lastest games is all i need and everything given to my by my AMD 1090T

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

a lot of gamers used to use amd processors but then they didn't really go any further while intel is always progressing with there processors so my advice would be to get an intel :)

If you're after cheap and cheerful or working on a tight budget, go with AMD.

If you're planning to run a multi-GPU setup and are willing to pay a little bit more, then go with Intel.

Intel processors generally tend to have a much higher single-threaded performance, which also translates as a higher multi-threaded performance, too. This is very useful for rendering.

AMD's 8-cores, however, (FX-81XX, 83XX) aren't that far behind Intel's i7 range when it comes to rendering.

So it comes to what I said above:

Tight budget, no rendering, no multi-GPU setup - go for AMD

Willing to spend a little extra - Intel

In my experience, Intel is worth that little extra you pay.

AMD and Intel I buy whatever I get the best deal on, both make good CPU's and perform well, however AMD is cheaper (but it's cheaper for a reason, they aren't as good as intel)

intel is better. fx chips are retarded both bulldozer and piledriver. sad but true. I loved my 1090T back in the day

i have to be honest, i love them both. but i also love both nvidia and ati (yes i know ati is owned by amd), it is the dynamic of competition that keeps pushing the line. i have been let down for the last few years by amd cpu tech because they just haven't done anything particularly good, but i still find amd to be a good choice when it comes to budget builds. but on the high end intel wins hands down. btw for those harping about the amd 8 core procs, you should keep in mind that each core is crippled by sharing cache with another, it is essentially amd's version of hyperthreading. and a 6 core "core 7" intel processor shows up in windows as 12 cores because of hyperthreading. amd's version of it is a slight bit more effective in some ways, but the much larger amount of cache in intel processors make them excellent for intensive linear tasks, like photoshop, 3d rendering, and video editing. but for gaming that edge is a little less important, although intel does have a better architecture over all that can squeeze a little more performance per mhz out than amd even in a random non linear environment like a game. on the low end though amd generally provides more performance for the dollar, and is still a good choice for people who want a computer that has good performance at a good price, but are not "hardcore" gamers/enthusiasts and do not need anything excessive. in summary both amd and intel put out good technology, and they both have their niche, it all comes down to what you actually need. (i forgot to mention that amd also has an excellent scheme for upgrades, making it pretty easy to put a new chip into an old motherboard, although their most recent fx series is no longer compatible with am2/am2+ boards, the athlon II chips are compatible with those boards and am3/am3+ boards)

Depends,

im experienced with both AMD and Intel and I gotta say - Intel is the far superior.

Dont get me wrong, AMD is good, but it has so many flaws (power consumption, heat, performance)

For 140 euros I got an FX-8120 and I played with it for a few months and I really thought it was a good CPU and underrated as hell, then I got my hands on a 3570k and I totally changed my mind about AMD.

Dont get me wrong, im not a fanboy, but the truths is the truth - AMD is good if youre on a budget and you dont really care about heat or power consumption, BUT if you have the money and youre into gaming then get a 3570k/3770k - it absolutely bashes anything AMD has pushed out.

Intel is definetly worth the extra that you pay for

Best wishes

- cheti

If you are in to gaming, AMD is just more than good enough!, why don't you guys get this? FOR GAMING ONLY, you save allot money for picking up a cpu from amd, i got an phenom 2 1090t 6core, with is more than enough for everything, if you are into gaming AND heavy video rendering, intel is the way to go, but the downrate about amd now is the fx series, they need to step up a bit for the cpu's, but they also do e better job on onboard graphics for the apu series than intel does.. this is just my opinion for intel vs amd, no fanboy comments pls, i have both intel and amd gaming pc's right now

I personally prefer Intel due to my long time history with them, and how slow every AMD processor I've ever used has been.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Depends on what performance/features you want for what amount of money.

I can agree with that it would be great if AMD released something more "extreme" this year :)

I like intel, i like blue color.

For performance/gaming it's got to be intel. Recent generations of consumer level AMD CPUs haven't been up to scratch. I like AMD's APUs for those on a budget that will only be using integrated GPUs, but for value and performance, a 3570K is the way to go!

You were a noob once too!

Amd cpu's are not cheap, They are priced appropriately to there real performance and how they perform compared to Intel's offerings

PS The number of cores does not matter. Architecture matters

I have never used AMD, only intel in my life. But I am only 14 so... :)

I haven't built a Intel rig since the days of Pentium 3! I always go AMD and always have. I know Intel is faster in some regards but to me my rig is more than fast enough for games and video encoding.

FX-8350          ASUS Crosshair V         MSi R9 290X Gaming 4G