Intel vs. AMD!

Post your opinion!

I favor Intel, because of their huge performance compared to the new FX series, and how huge their mobile sector is! I hope to see some great stuff from AMD this CES though!

Intel For the products Amd for the box of the FX series it looks so good.

Both, but I only have AMD systems at the moment.

FX-8320, Asus Crosshair V Formula, Asus EAH6950 2GB, 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2400MHz, AeroCool Strike-X Air, Kingston HyperX 120GB ssd, WD blue 500GB, Corsair H100..

AMD is good for cheap builds. Intel is better for better performing systems.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

AMD has an 8 core... Haven't seen an 8 core from Intel. And AMD is much more cheaper. But Intel is good too. Intel has their products, AMD has their products.

We don't make mistakes, we make happy accidents. ~ Bob Ross

With a hammer everything fits! ~ Quintin B

Add me on IM+ DeV_FGBA

I have a Phenom II X4...I'd change it whenever with an Intel CPU.Not because it's not handling my things the way I want to...It's because I feel like taking overclocking a bit further without drawing 250w from the cpu:)

AMD has an 8 core... Haven't seen an 8 core from Intel. And AMD is much more cheaper. But Intel is good too. Intel has their products, AMD has their products.

We don't make mistakes, we make happy accidents. ~ Bob Ross

With a hammer everything fits! ~ Quintin B

Add me on IM+ DeV_FGBA

AMD has an 8 core... Haven't seen an 8 core from Intel. And AMD is much more cheaper. But Intel is good too. Intel has their products' date=' AMD has their products.[/quote']

Intel has the extreme editiong with 6 cores, and anything over 4 isn't even necessary unless your doing hardcore 3d modeling. True their products are cheaper, and they are great for a mid level consumer, but for enthusiasts. Intel still has my vote.

AMD is good for cheap builds. Intel is better for better performing systems.
Exactly. If your building anything that requires a cpu under $100. AMD is the way to go.

Firstly, I got an AMD. I think AMD cpus got a much better price/performance for mid-end Computers. Intel has a really bad price/performance in this area but they have really good performance.

-  AMD Phenom II X4 965BE - Asrock 870 Extreme3 R2.0 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 Pro - 2x 4GB G.Skill - AMD Radeon 7850 VTX3D X-Edition 2GB - Samsung 840 120GB - Seagate Barracuda 1TB - WD Green 320GB - Thermaltake SmartPower 530W -

- Logitech G500 - Steelseries Qck - Sennheiser HD449 + Zalman MIC1 - Corsair Vengeance K70 -

I choose this topic for my marketing project:p

Nice. It's a great topic for discussion.

Firstly' date=' I got an AMD. I think AMD cpus got a much better price/performance for mid-end Computers. Intel has a really bad price/performance in this area but they have really good performance.[/quote']

For enthusiasts, Intel is the way too go, and again, for the mid level consumer, AMD is great.

Amd has my vote. Cheap, reliable and gets the job done. Intel is good too though it is way to pricey. Either way, they are both good. Just keep up the PC side up and running!

Firstly' date=' I got an AMD. I think AMD cpus got a much better price/performance for mid-end Computers. Intel has a really bad price/performance in this area but they have really good performance.[/quote'] For enthusiasts, Intel is the way too go, and again, for the mid level consumer, AMD is great.

oh I'm sure AMD users can be enthusiasts also. :)

FX-8320, Asus Crosshair V Formula, Asus EAH6950 2GB, 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2400MHz, AeroCool Strike-X Air, Kingston HyperX 120GB ssd, WD blue 500GB, Corsair H100..

Ive owned medium performance models from both teams, and honestly, there isn't much difference when it comes to games.

Firstly' date=' I got an AMD. I think AMD cpus got a much better price/performance for mid-end Computers. Intel has a really bad price/performance in this area but they have really good performance.[/quote'] For enthusiasts, Intel is the way too go, and again, for the mid level consumer, AMD is great.
oh I'm sure AMD users can be enthusiasts also. :)

Yes, that is true, sorry for wording it that way. I meant, if it's performance your after, Intel Core series will be better. You can still go with AMD and have a insane build. :D

Ive owned medium performance models from both teams, and honestly, there isn't much difference when it comes to games.
Very true, but if your someone who has to beat everything in benchmarks. Intel will be better.

Yes' date=' that is true, sorry for wording it that way. I meant, if it's performance your after, Intel Core series will be better. You can still go with AMD and have a insane build. :D [/quote']

This is a bit ambiguous, too. For "gaming" performance, go Intel.

AMD has an 8 core... Haven't seen an 8 core from Intel. And AMD is much more cheaper. But Intel is good too. Intel has their products' date=' AMD has their products.[/quote']

never seen a 8core intel...

Wath about a Intel Xeon Processor E5-2690!!! And all others...

Well intel only provides 4core or less proccesors as standard, 6cores for extreme and if you want more you have to go to the business XEON proccesors

True, but I like to base things on real world performance. It just makes more sense.

Yes' date=' that is true, sorry for wording it that way. I meant, if it's performance your after, Intel Core series will be better. You can still go with AMD and have a insane build. :D [/quote']

This is a bit ambiguous, too. For "gaming" performance, go Intel.

Yes sorry. I keep generalizing. For GAMING Intel will be better. Intel will be better in some other things, and then again AMD will too.

I do too, but for myself, I like my system to be top of the marks.

Not trying to sound liek a fanboy here but Intel because they just work as they should they have alot fo good features and they are good quality and reliable my Intel Pentium 3 was more stable running then my AMD Athlon X2 5000+ and not only did it have a betetr arch. and a second core but it was clocked at 2.6Gzh compaired to 800Mhz. So I would havew to go with Intel I owned 2 AMD CPUs ever and I liked the intel ones more.