Pfsense Need some help deciding

Zygizz
Go to solution Solved by Altecice,

So basic i was never into network , and because of that everything is new to me . 

Its intresting for me if pfsense squid cache improve internet speed on devices or download speeds on steam ? 

and another if it worth to spend money and build router ? ( in your point of view )

Thanks !  :)

1) No Squid Cache wont improve your internet/download speeds. Only your ISP can do that (by you paying for more)

2) If you dont know what you're doing, go do some research first... personally building a PFsense router is pointless, your ISP's does its job fine.

So basic i was never into network , and because of that everything is new to me . 

Its intresting for me if pfsense squid cache improve internet speed on devices or download speeds on steam ? 

and another if it worth to spend money and build router ? ( in your point of view )

I don't think that using a web cache thing is going to really help that much for you. Unless you keep on accessing the same pages over and over or pages with the same images over and over or something like that, it's not really worth it. It's not able to improve your connection speeds at all (which is why it probably won't help with downloads), it's just going to store some files that are commonly accessed over the internet locally so you can bring them up instantaneously when you try to load it again.

At least, that's what I understand of it.

Sig under construction.

1) No Squid Cache wont improve your internet/download speeds. Only your ISP can do that (by you paying for more)

2) If you dont know what you're doing, go do some research first... personally building a PFsense router is pointless, your ISP's does its job fine.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

it's not worth to spend your Money Building a dedicated pc for pfsense, it's general use is to install it on your old pc that you don't want to throw away

you do need a good network card with two or more ethernet ports

the cache will only help speed if you download the same game multiple times in a row

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K