YouTube Community Guideline Strikes Take down educational hacking videos

If I'm honest, if a website is able to be compromised and you are able to get to the backend by editing the source locally in your browser development tools by hitting F12, it deserved it. Not to mention that you won't be the first either.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

I was always wondering about that, and I figured it was something like that. But, I think it's cool for him to ask them about this.

I just hope YouTube gets to be more open about actually talking to people and using less automated messages to channels that are serious about YouTube. In fact, if they can only change 1 thing. I think that's the biggest thing to change.

Again, thanks Linus for sending them a message. Maybe this can start a change on how YouTube does their business with channels that is serious.

Well to be real with you .. don't think it will, it take more than one Youtuber. 

Magical Pineapples

The video that was hit by youtube strike was ridiculous at best. Not even a sane technically inclined person would consider viewing a password hidden to the user by using html as 'hacking' and teaching stuff that would be malicious. It's there on your client and no one else. If someone 'hacks' you with that, you got more problems because they already have physical access to your computer.

9abwwx.png

He 's the GOD indeed.

When I posted this, I didn't know he was going to do that. But, it's kinda cool to see someone with a major channel helping out others. 

This is a much needed thing in the world today.

BTW, it looks like Eli did get everything back. While it did fix that part, it still doesn't fix the fact of how YouTube treats people. They don't tell you what you did wrong, and they automate everything to the point where you don't know what you did wrong.

My hopes was and still is that they will talk about this problem on the WAN show. Hopefully that would bring a lot of this abuse out of the dark, and at least get people talking about it.

You signed the eula to YouTube. They have every right to take down your videos if they need to.

If it is against the EULA then it is against the EULA. Yes youtube could probably have handled this better but that does not change the fact that he might have uploaded something hat was against the EULA

If it is against the EULA then it is against the EULA. Yes youtube could probably have handled this better but that does not change the fact that he might have uploaded something hat was against the EULA

At the time or now?

I watched a video where Luke was in it today, and he said he thought they done a video on a given topic. I know I been to the point where I had to question if I done a video on a given topic.

Once you get above 500 videos at 5 min+ each (and normally videos can be 30min long). It's nearly impossible to know what exactly you put on your videos. Then when you get into 1,000 + videos with a few years. There is no way of knowing what you have or haven't done.

Keep in mind, the EULA changes every so often without us knowing. We can easily upload something that goes with the terms today, and in 5 years it breaks the rules.  Even if we did know the EULA, and we all read lawyer. There is no way in the world anyone can remember what exactly what is on their videos. On top of this, many of the policies are very subjected to interpretation. 

So you can easily be thinking you're following the rules, and then someone in YouTube can say otherwise. In fact, one person in YouTube can say you're breaking the rules, and another in YouTube can say your good.

This, and now people having all monetisation taken down from one copyright claim. Youtube seems to be getting too big for its own good. They need to implement a sort of reputation system, where well known and reputable channels can't just get everything pulled from one copyright claim and the video actually needs to be inspected by a human. 

This guy's case also shows how misunderstood hacking can be. Instructional videos like that can be used to protect your system from hackers, or to make devs aware of security flaws, but they often get pulled because any form of hacking is often considered bad. With the increase in presence of technology in our everyday lives, white hat hacking is an important, or even an essential industry that is extremely hard to get into because of the overly negative stigma attached to learning how hacking works.