My system is pretty good, BUT.....dust

L00bs4n00bs
so my build from last year is pretty good, It's no "The Compensator" or skunkworks but the way it was built was on a budget of sorts then upgraded over the last 9 months.

quick spec 4790k, 980ti, ax860, h100i

The only "budget" part that remains is the case, its a Corsair Series 100R I love the style I like that its relativity compact, plain, and subtle the sleeper thing is very me and the window I like too so when someone who does know what there looking at looks in and sees the bits they are impressed, you know?

so my point

I'm getting dust and I don't want it

The case has 2 x front 120/140 vents, 2 x top 120 vents, and 1 rear 120 vent

The 240 rad plus fans fills the 2 top vents and blocks the rear vent from installing a fan there (also some case mods were required to get it in) I can install fans in the front 2 vents and have but the are many holes (around the front fans and all nearly the entire rear ) and no filters!

so do I?
1) buy loads of filters turn most if not all of the fans inwards to try and build positive pressure but sacrifice flow.
2) buy a new case maybe the corsair clear 600c (kinda similar case really nice design not sure on the inverse layout and costs £120 175usd 240cad) Luke reviewed it recently here https://youtu.be/MWLt8SpcwTQ?list=PL8mG-RkN2uTyCzihhSq-kQZCRggWoWQZ5
3) move the rad to the front and ruin the aesthetic i've got going on so I can add that rear fan and start again

4) something else

TL;DR case is small, buy new case or save money and stop moaning?

also thoughts on other cases? I love plain black clean lines all square no obvious vents or unnecessary lights but i know everyone id different

and thoughts on the inverse layout?

post-263391-0-21009300-1448054558.jpg

CPU I7 8700k oc'd @ 5ghz Motherboard ASUS Z370 E RAM G.Skill Trident RGB 16gb (2x8) ddr4 3000mh GPU EVGA GTX 980ti SSC

Your PC is pretty...(•_•) / ( •_•)>⌐■-■ / (⌐■_■)... dust

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

Build: i5-4460 | GT 720 | Logitech G710+ Keyboard | Corsair M65 Mouse | Dell e2314h Monitor | Windows 10

Generic Dell: Mobo, 8gb RAM, 430w PSU, 1TB Storage, XPS 8700 Case

It's not a Compensator or Skunkworks but it's still really powerful and looks awesome. Good job!

Uh. Do you have positive pressure?

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

Mine gets dusty to hell as well, all I do is every 6-8 weeks clear the dust out. You could try and fit filters everywhere which at least will help.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

0/10

On-topic; Always have more intake flow as outtake. Positive pressure is key, and ofc filters in front of the intakes.

Mine nearly had a spec of dust after 8 months.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

Wut. Am I missing something?

OP, do as others have said and get dust filters/positive air pressure or you could just clean it every once and awhile.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

Wut. Am I missing something?

OP, do as others have said and get dust filters/positive air pressure or you could just clean it every once and awhile.

It's slang to describe something/someone that looks ugly. Obviously not fitting in this case, but I couldn't help myself

Build: i5-4460 | GT 720 | Logitech G710+ Keyboard | Corsair M65 Mouse | Dell e2314h Monitor | Windows 10

Yeah just put a sweaty rag over your intakes and you should be good. Dust cleaner helps too ;)

My ~$200 USD build:

AMD A8-7600    G. Skill Ripjaws Z @1800 CAS 8     EVGA 500w 80+ PSU    Gigabyte GAF2A68HM-DS2H Motherboard

It's slang to describe something/someone that looks ugly. Obviously not fitting in this case, but I couldn't help myself

Dust because you have 2 outtakes and no intakes. 2 filtered intakes = problem solved.

0/10

On-topic; Always have more intake flow as outtake. Positive pressure is key, and ofc filters in front of the intakes.

Mine nearly had a spec of dust after 8 months.

like I said in the original post I have 2 intakes at the front but as the picture shows the entire back is open and I cant place a fan in the rear fan slot 

if i put all 4 fans to intake then i have no flow direction so ill get turbulence and have places where no air moves at all

YOU MUST HAVE FLOW!!

CPU I7 8700k oc'd @ 5ghz Motherboard ASUS Z370 E RAM G.Skill Trident RGB 16gb (2x8) ddr4 3000mh GPU EVGA GTX 980ti SSC

post-263391-0-68298100-1448561613.jpg

This is the idea but its the huge gap in the back!

i want positive presure

yea i don't follow  are you slagging off the case or the build or the thread or jokes?

yea i don't follow  are you slagging off the case or the build or the thread or jokes?

I'm not insulting anything.

I'm not insulting anything.

lol no problem i was just confused as to what yoiu were saying