joining storage in nvme without RAID

TanmayHembram

Hello I am a new member and I don't know much about computers.

I wanted to ask that we have seen SSD as primary and HDD as secondary but has one OS which controls both storage. Is it possible to join two NVME SSD 512 gb without  using RAID. I am asking this because I have heard that RAID destroys both disk when used as RAID 0. I wanted to make sure to get 1TB with Samsung 950 ans it is cheaper than intel's NVME. So please tell me if there is a way to join two NVME drive controlled by both OS at same time without using RAID. Since it is possible in SSD and HDD Can it be done in NVME to ?

RAID 0 does not destroy disks. The issue is that when you're using RAID 0, data is written to both drives so if the one drive fails, the data is now corrupted. The drives DO NOT get destroyed.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

if you have two M.2 PCI-E slots, then yes you can do that.

One such motherboard is Gigabyte Gaming 7

Also Samsung is soon to release 950Pro with 1TB capacity - soon as in the following month, or at least they promissed to do that

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Hello I am a new member and I don't know much about computers.

I wanted to ask that we have seen SSD as primary and HDD as secondary but has one OS which controls both storage. Is it possible to join two NVME SSD 512 gb without  using RAID. I am asking this because I have heard that RAID destroys both disk when used as RAID 0. I wanted to make sure to get 1TB with Samsung 950 ans it is cheaper than intel's NVME. So please tell me if there is a way to join two NVME drive controlled by both OS at same time without using RAID. Since it is possible in SSD and HDD Can it be done in NVME to ?

GodlyGamer is correct, RAID 0 is perfectly safe.

What's your board though as Z97 & X99 boards have issues booting from raided nvme arrays.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Thanks very much for helping. My mother board is Asus Z170 Pro Gaming.

It has one m.2 and I was thinking to join other at PCIe card having m.2 socket. will it work that way to combine two drives safely.

I am not getting a conclusion. Is Raid 0 useful for daily life use by the way what are the things that make Raid 0 fail and their prevention. Can raid zero take high pressure

of reading for gaming. Is intel's new RAID 0 support that relaible. Please help me because one disk damage will cost a lot.

I would like you guys to tell me a lot about Raid  0.

If i am asking or disturbing too much. I am really sorry. Please tell me what should I do.

Thanks very much for helping. My mother board is Asus Z170 Pro Gaming.

It has one m.2 and I was thinking to join other at PCIe card having m.2 socket. will it work that way to combine two drives safely.

I am not getting a conclusion. Is Raid 0 useful for daily life use by the way what are the things that make Raid 0 fail and their prevention. Can raid zero take high pressure

of reading for gaming. Is intel's new RAID 0 support that relaible. Please help me because one disk damage will cost a lot.

I would like you guys to tell me a lot about Raid  0.

If i am asking or disturbing too much. I am really sorry. Please tell me what should I do.

Drive failures make RAID 0 configs fail along with data corruption. If you wish to prevent issues with RAID 0, you could(if you have the funds) set up a RAID 10 config, which combines RAID 0 and 1 together. Two drives run in RAID 0, while two more drives act as mirrors for redundancy. Bear in mind though that redundancy is not a replacement for backups as whatever data you delete off of your usable drives, that will also be removed from the mirrors at the same time. As I said, RAID 0 does not cause disk damage - drives can fail for many reasons but RAID is not one of them.

RAID 0 is inherently risky due to the nature of the technology.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

will samsung 950 pro 1 TB be released before May.

it will most definately release before May

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K