gaming laggg

dav

hi. i'm experiencing some insane lag as you an see in the viedo i have posted in youtube. (link down below)

in the video i filmed gta v where you can see my settings and all that in the video. it stutters to the point of extreme. when it lags my cpu & gpu usage drop. my psu has no problem powering the two and they are in good temperatures. gpu 50ish and cpu 45ish.

i don't know what does it, I have had suspicion of it beeing the storage, but the game is on a samsung evo 850 250gig ssd with the OS and it has 25gig free space

my pc specs are msi gtx 970, I5-4690k, 8gigs of hyperx savage, corsair ax 760, samsung 850 EVO 250gig, WD AV-GP 2TB, Corsair hydro H100i gtx  and asus rog maximus vii ranger mobo.

the video:

Update:1

I tested farcry 4 and the same thing happens, the cpu & gpu usage goes up and down like cray cray, but when it freezes the in game radio music keeps playing, the fps counter is still updating frequently, and a loading icon appears on the top right of the screen. i tested first with high video options then low, no difference. when i played cod AW nothing happened at all, high fps on high settings. 

seems that it only happens on open world games 

Talk about stutter. Try reinstalling GPU drivers and making sure you are not playing on stupid high settings (try the default recommendations from GeForce Experience to start)

Additionally if you bought it via steam in game settings there is an option to "check/repair installation" click that.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Uninstall EVGA Precision, and try MSI Afterburner instead, and underclock your gpu by ~50mhz, see if that helps.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Talk about stutter. Try reinstalling GPU drivers and making sure you are not playing on stupid high settings (try the default recommendations from GeForce Experience to start)

Additionally if you bought it via steam in game settings there is an option to "check/repair installation" click that.

You didn't bother watching the part where he goes through the options menu in the vid, so you can see the settings?

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

ayeee same issue here

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

You didn't bother watching the part where he goes through the options menu in the vid, so you can see the settings?

I have no idea what settings are recommended by Nvidia for that gpu on that game. I also don't know if any particular setting has issues with the 970 (like if a recent update broke something).

My tips are steps you should take every time an issue like this persists, and are generally good advice.

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

I have no idea what settings are recommended by Nvidia for that gpu on that game. I also don't know if any particular setting has issues with the 970 (like if a recent update broke something).

My tips are steps you should take every time an issue like this persists, and are generally good advice.

Irrelevant. And no, GeForce Experience is shit. If you look at the settings, they're reasonably fine for his setup, and he isn't too close to his vram limit either.

Irrelevant. And no, GeForce Experience is shit. If you look at the settings, they're reasonably fine for his setup, and he isn't too close to his vram limit either.

Fuck off. Like really? It's a place to start. I'm not saying you should use it once you get in, it is just useful to know if the issue persists.

Like have you actually ever done troubleshooting before in your life?

(Step 0: Try default clocks if applicable)

Step 1: Check settings

Step 2: Reinstall Drivers

Step 3: Reinstall Game

That's literally troubleshooting 101, and you want to give me shit for suggesting it?

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

Fuck off. Like really? It's a place to start. I'm not saying you should use it once you get in, it is just useful to know if the issue persists.

Like have you actually ever done troubleshooting before in your life?

That's literally troubleshooting 101, and you want to give me shit for suggesting it?

Why didn't you ask if it happens in any other games beforehand then?

Don't get salty with me, mate.

Why didn't you ask if it happens in any other games beforehand then?

Don't get salty with me, mate.

Why didn't you?

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

Uninstall EVGA Precision, and try MSI Afterburner instead, and underclock your gpu by ~50mhz, see if that helps.

i dont have the evga program, just afterburner

hi. i'm experiencing some insane lag as you an see in the viedo i have posted in youtube. (link down below)

in the video i filmed gta v where you can see my settings and all that in the video. it stutters to the point of extreme. when it lags my cpu & gpu usage drop. my psu has no problem powering the two and they are in good temperatures. gpu 50ish and cpu 45ish.

i don't know what does it, I have had suspicion of it beeing the storage, but the game is on a samsung evo 850 250gig ssd with the OS and it has 25gig free space

my pc specs are msi gtx 970, I5-4690k, 8gigs of hyperx savage, corsair ax 760, samsung 850 EVO 250gig, WD AV-GP 2TB, Corsair hydro H100i gtx  and asus rog maximus vii ranger mobo.

the video:

Ae you running of the dGPU instead of integrated graphics? If so , try reinstalling the drivers.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

i dont have the evga program, just afterburner

Well bugger me, i thought that was EVGA Precision, my bad.

the video:

Overclocking your 970 too far will reset it to default speeds, download GPUZ and look under PerfCaps, this will tell you if your card is downclocking. I was under the impression that GTA V likes more cores to spread the workload hence working well on both intel and FX chips, because it's open world, putting the game on an SSD will help load times and rendering.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Overclocking your 970 too far will reset it to default speeds, download GPUZ and look under PerfCaps, this will tell you if your card is downclocking. I was under the impression that GTA V likes more cores to spread the workload hence working well on both intel and FX chips, because it's open world, putting the game on an SSD will help load times and rendering.

This is true, but you can check in afterburner if it is in "safe mode", which should be 595 Mhz core clock

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

This is true, but you can check in afterburner if it is in "safe mode", which should be 595 Mhz core clock

Didn't know this, I just use GPUZ as it's much easier to glance at my second screen with all my information software on it like HWinfo 64 and GPUZ.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Didn't know this, I just use GPUZ as it's much easier to glance at my second screen with all my information software on it like HWinfo 64 and GPUZ.

i haven't used any of the overclocking options on any programs, for now i feel that i don't need it

so i don't think it's the clock speeds that are messing me up

i haven't used any of the overclocking options on any programs, for now i feel that i don't need it

I wouldn't expect it to anyways. Have you gone through the three steps I recommended?

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

Either something is using your resources in the background or you need to overclock/turn down your settings. I had an issue like this on my AMD and it turned out to be the EC sensors on my ASUS motherboard being enabled with HWinfo64. Turned off EC sensors and it was fine.

You have an unlocked processor and an overclocking motherboard, you should be overclocking...

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

Either something is using your resources in the background or you need to overclock/turn down your settings. I had an issue like this on my AMD and it turned out to be the EC sensors on my ASUS motherboard being enabled with HWinfo64. Turned off EC sensors and it was fine.

You have an unlocked processor and an overclocking motherboard, you should be overclocking...

Stutter from OC is not a common thing from Nvidia/Intel parts. They just crash instead.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

Stutter from OC is not a common thing from Nvidia/Intel parts. They just crash instead.

I have a 970, I'm aware of the crashing... and stuttering. EC Sensors are on most high end ASUS boards and from my experience with them on my AMD board they cause stuttering just like that in the video.

I need to boot up my ASUS vii Ranger to see if that also has EC sensors but I've just delidded my 4670k so won't be happening for a few days/week.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

I have a 970, I'm aware of the crashing... and stuttering. EC Sensors are on most high end ASUS boards and from my experience with them on my AMD board they cause stuttering just like that in the video.

I need to boot up my ASUS vii Ranger to see if that also has EC sensors but I've just delidded my 4670k so won't be happening for a few days/week.

Hmm, random cool issue I guess.

Delidding 1st gen haswell? Gonna be fun. Dem temps.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

yeah, but i don't really need to. i am pretty certain that the stuttering isn't because of the cpu and gpu beeing slow, can it be the harddrive??

I wouldn't expect it to anyways. Have you gone through the three steps I recommended?

i just updated my drivers, but i haven't re-installed the game, it happens with other games too so that would just be a waste of A LOT of time.... shitty wifi isn't a fun thing.. :,(

i just updated my drivers, but i haven't re-installed the game, it happens with other games too so that would just be a waste of A LOT of time.... shitty wifi isn't a fun thing.. :,(

It happens with other games is a important notice to give on the first page...

So you should remount your graphics card and cpu then, and if shit doesn't get fixed about all you can do is a clean install.

Sounds like a hardware or low level software level issue.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS