Something very strange happening

vpavlicevic

So I try to enter a product key into Microsoft Office 2016 and I cannot tipe in letter Z so I tried:

-Changing keyboard and trying other languages

-Tried in some other program

-Also tried in all Office apps

So I need help

So I try to enter a product key into Microsoft Office 2016 and I cannot tipe in letter Z so I tried:

So I need help

Did you try a different keyboard?

So I need help

copy and paste? z Z

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Is the character actually a Z? Does your Z key work in other applications? Use the on screen keyboard.

Perhaps you can't enter a Z because there's no Zs in any product keys for that particular product. 

So I need help

copy and paste the code?

ctrl+c

ctrl+v

So I need help

- ignore me :) -

copy and paste? z

Doesnt work it pastes everything before z

Is the character actually a Z? Does your Z key work in other applications? Use the on screen keyboard.

Perhaps you can't enter a Z because there's no Zs in any product keys for that particular product. 

It works in other applications and it is Z 100%

Have you tried rebooting?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Several times

eh, it was worth a try. The only similar problem I've had is my keyboard seemingly would just not type certain letters in GTA V chat.  Like, R would work but not r, for example... and it would get worse the longer I played.  Never did it in any other program, and usually didn't even do it in that game...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I have a code and I can paste it notepad and it is z

Then you make me suspicious of the key...

Can you never type z in that field, or only when you need to?  Like, could you type z, and then move the cursor and type in the rest of the code?  Or is it just a no-go whenever?

Are you installing from a DVD? if so you could try downloading it instead maybe theirs something wrong with the disk.

Can you never type z in that field, or only when you need to?  Like, could you type z, and then move the cursor and type in the rest of the code?  Or is it just a no-go whenever?

Never in that field but if I need to type something like email it works

Are you installing from a DVD? if so you could try downloading it instead maybe theirs something wrong with the disk.

I downloaded it

Never in that field but if I need to type something like email it works

I downloaded it

Well this is very strange... for some reason that field simply won't accept the character z being in it.  The obvious answer is that it isn't supposed to need to have z in it, but you are certain the key has a z so that's not our solution.

I'm starting to think modifying the memory space for that UI component is the only way to force the character in there...

Have you tried the virtual keyboard in the easy access options?

Try the on screen keyboard.

Maybe it's a 2?

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604