How does the k70 rgb look when the lights are turned off

Mao_Zedong
Go to solution Solved by Mao_Zedong,

Ok, so i looked at as many pictures as i could, and it seems like they still look pretty decent when unlit, so I'll plan on getting the rgb version.

So I've been looking at keyboards recently, and I've decided to get the k70, but I'm not sure what exact model to get. I think that the k70 rgb with browns is probably the best for me, but I want to know how it actually looks when the LEDs are turned off. That is because I may stop liking the colors in a few years, or some of the LEDs may just die. So can you really see the keycaps, since i think they would look worse turned off with them being clear instead of black.

It's literally like the 5th image on Google Images..Corsair-Vengeance-K70-1.jpg

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

It's literally like the 5th image on Google Images..

That really doesn't help at all, since its a professionally done image. The real thing normally looks quite a bit different. I wanted replied from people who actually own a k65/k70/k95 rgb.

Why would some of the LEDs "just die"?

LEDs tend to be pretty reliable.

I'd expect the keyboard to be replaced/repaired under warranty if even 1 LED died.

Well I'm planning on using this keyboard for 6+ years, so it seems pretty probable that at least one of the 110 led will die.

Here is my K70 RGB with all the lights turned off. Hope it helps, sorry for the low quality picture. My phone camera isn't that great.

nohtn5.jpg

Here is my K70 RGB with all the lights turned off. Hope it helps, sorry for the low quality picture. My phone camera isn't that great.

nohtn5.jpg

i think he means the room lights turned off so you can see the rgb lights

Nope, i mean with the lights in the keyboard turned off.

why would you want that? Whole point of paying extra for rgb is having the rgb lights on and using them

why would you want that? Whole point of paying extra for rgb is having the rgb lights on and using them

I already explained this. I want to use the RGB LEDs now, but in a few years my preference may change, or some of the LEDs may die.

It actually looks better without any lighting. :P

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I already explained this. I want to use the RGB LEDs now, but in a few years my preference may change, or some of the LEDs may die.

Um... how exactly would your preference change? RGB lighting is all about being able to do whatever you want with the lights. My mouse is currently green because my mousepad is green.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

Um... how exactly would your preference change? RGB lighting is all about being able to do whatever you want with the lights. My mouse is currently green because my mousepad is green.

Maybe he wont want lighting at all in the future, so he's asking if the keyboard still looks good without the backlighting turned on. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Maybe he wont want lighting at all in the future, so he's asking if the keyboard still looks good without the backlighting turned on. 

Which is kind of a silly question, since the keyboard is Cherry MX compatible. You can just buy regular keycaps for it.

And really, it's RGB, is there really a person who hates all the colours in the world?

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

Which is kind of a silly question, since the keyboard is Cherry MX compatible. You can just buy regular keycaps for it.

And really, it's RGB, is there really a person who hates all the colours in the world?

It's not a question about not liking colours, it's a question of not wanting backlighting in general. By the time that someone's preference may change, they probably will have new keycaps away. 

I don't see how this concept is so hard to wrap your head around.

Buy a backlit keyboard, use it for, say, a year, decide that you no longer like lighting at all, turn the lighting off. It's really not hard.

It's not a question about not liking colours, it's a question of not wanting backlighting in general. By the time that someone's preference may change, they probably will have new keycaps away. 

I don't see how this concept is so hard to wrap your head around.

Buy a backlit keyboard, use it for, say, a year, decide that you no longer like lighting at all, turn the lighting off. It's really not hard.

And that's kind of why I don't get the question: Why would it matter what the keycaps look like without a backlight shining through them when you can just turn the light off and get a different set of keycaps?

And that's kind of why I don't get the question: Why would it matter what the keycaps look like without a backlight shining through them when you can just turn the light off and get a different set of keycaps?

Because some people may not want to spend more on a keyboard after they have picked it up. 

Because the switches themselves are clear, and i was trying to ask if there was a visible difference because of this.

Seems a legit question to ask. You'd wanna see the legends even if the leds are not on. 

iPhone 5 / iPad 1 / iPad 3 / iPad Mini / iPad Air 2 | Galaxy S / Nexus 7 / Sero 7 / Nvidia Shield Tablet

Asus Maximus VI Hero / i7 4770 / GTX 780 Windforce SLI / Samsung 850 Pro 1TB / Rosewill Blackhawk

G710 & G500s / Cougar 600K / Blackwidow Ultimate 2016

you wont be using this keyboard for 6 years 

it will die  much earlier 

that is how gaming shit keyboards  are today 

you wont be using this keyboard for 6 years 

it will die  much earlier 

that is how gaming shit keyboards  are today 

Lol, if you think that the k70 is just a shitty gaming keyboard, you know nothing.

Lol, if you think that the k70 is just a shitty gaming keyboard, you know nothing.

i know that it tries to sell you the RGB shit backlighting with shitty leds which will die after a short time 

also it has that shitty cherry stabilizers which wont survive 6 years costar wont  too but at least you can replace them whenever you want without actually 

taking apart the whole switch which is the dumbest idea i have ever heard on enginiring  of a breakable part 

(i am not a native speaker so hopefully you could understand everything i just wrote here)**

Hadn't realised quite how bad my K70 is without the backlight!! :|

qUEK7Mc.jpg

Edit: For comparison..

VqYW8XG.jpg

Ok, so i looked at as many pictures as i could, and it seems like they still look pretty decent when unlit, so I'll plan on getting the rgb version.