Hello my name is Matthew and i want to know if my parts are compatible and if someone has a suggestion to add/change my build for the better.

Budget: Around $3000

"-->" means "I don't know"

-->Power Supply: Corsair RM series 1000 Watt (Is this enough?)

Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X (I know its overkill but if you have a $3000  budget you would want the best of the best)

CPU: i7-5930k

Motherboard: ASUS X99-deluxe

Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 520

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III SSD

SSHD: Seagate 4tb Gamming SSHD

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-u14S (I am not good at water cooling, or at least fear messing up)

-->Fans:(This is where you come in!)

-->Memory Cooler?: Do i need one?

Monitor: Asus ROG swift PG278Q

-->(HDMI, Displayport, or Whatever the hell the other one is)

Thermal Paste: Innovation Cooling Diamond "7 carat" Thermal Compound.

---------> Did i miss anything? <-----------

Hello my name is Matthew and i want to know if my parts are compatible and if someone has a suggestion to add/change my build for the better.

Hey buddy what are you going to be using this computer for exactly?

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

that PSU is more than enough ;)

And go 980 ti and put that money into something else, like a 5960x and an swesome liquid cooler or something

or just two 980 ti's

oh right, also, use PC part picker - it will help you with lots of stuff like totaling cost and checking compatibility :)

Edited by Ryan_Vickers

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

technically the 980ti is/can be faster than the titan X, but I still wouldn't really suggest either with the recent nano price drop, due to the money saved with free-sync and the potentially better DX12/Vulkan support

In any case I'd suggest a 4k display but that's just me

Same display type, less expensive due to free-sync

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0JC-000P-00083&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Monitors+-+LCD+Flat+Panel-_-0JC-000P-00083&gclid=CPLl2LXMvMoCFZBcfgodMzQJtg&gclsrc=aw.ds

Still room for an SSD or 2, maybe a second display, you aren't going to need the extra PCI lanes that CPU gives you

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JBNtP6

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JBNtP6/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor  ($374.99 @ SuperBiiz)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.44 @ Amazon)

Motherboard: Asus X99-A/USB 3.1 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($251.99 @ NCIX US)

Memory: Crucial 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.99 @ NCIX US)

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 Nano 4GB Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($484.98 @ Newegg)

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 Nano 4GB Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($484.98 @ Newegg)

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO ATX Desktop Case  ($94.99 @ NCIX US)

Power Supply: Corsair RM 1000W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($139.41 @ Newegg)

Total: $1979.76

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-21 23:40 EST-0500

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

"-->" means "I don't know"

-->Power Supply: Corsair RM series 1000 Watt (Is this enough?)

Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X (I know its overkill but if you have a $3000  budget you would want the best of the best)

CPU: i7-5930k

Motherboard: ASUS X99-deluxe

Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 520

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III SSD

SSHD: Seagate 4tb Gamming SSHD

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-u14S (I am not good at water cooling, or at least fear messing up)

-->Fans:(This is where you come in!)

-->Memory Cooler?: Do i need one?

Monitor: Asus ROG swift PG278Q

-->(HDMI, Displayport, or Whatever the hell the other one is)

Thermal Paste: Innovation Cooling Diamond "7 carat" Thermal Compound.

---------> Did i miss anything? <-----------

1000 Watts is way overkill for any 'normal' rig these days. You can easily get away with half of the wattage.

The Titan X doesn't make any sense in today's market. Not when a 980ti is performing 5% worse, at a fraction of the cost.

The 5930k isn't recommended, unless you are going for a quad-SLI system, or whenever you NEED those extra PCIe lanes. Look at the 5820k instead (or maybe an octa-core Xeon with the money saved).

That motherboard is nice, but generally overpriced, unless you NEED all of those features that the motherboard comes with.

I've got no objections towards SSD, Hard drive, Memory, cooler, and case choices.

As for monitors, I can not recommend that one. For the sole reason that it's using a TN panel, and that you are able to get IPS panels which use G-sync, and has great refresh rates. All the cables you need (DisplayPort) will come in the box of the monitor.

The thermal paste is not needed either, all Noctua coolers come with a fairly large tube of thermal paste.

With the money that you save on some components, you can spend on others. An additional screen? Graphics card? Larger SSD? Or even an NVMe SSD.

Hey buddy what are you going to be using this computer for exactly?

I'm making a Kick ass gaming rig that can play most games at high settings.

that PSU is more than enough ;)

And go 980 ti and put that money into something else, like a 5960x and an swesome liquid cooler or something

or just two 980 ti's

oh right, also, use PC part picker - it will help you with lots of stuff like totaling cost and checking compatibility :)

Will two 980 ti's be enough for 4k gaming, or over kill?

Your proposed build is more suited for a workstation. A 5930K and 32GB of RAM is overkill for gaming.

Will two 980 ti's be enough for 4k gaming, or over kill?

Two 980Tis are basically the only things that can give a consistent 4K gaming experience. Here's my take:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($256.89 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($128.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($153.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($87.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($649.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($649.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair Air 540 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($119.79 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($669.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $2974.38
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-22 01:07 EST-0500

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

1000 Watts is way overkill for any 'normal' rig these days. You can easily get away with half of the wattage.

The Titan X doesn't make any sense in today's market. Not when a 980ti is performing 5% worse, at a fraction of the cost.

The 5930k isn't recommended, unless you are going for a quad-SLI system, or whenever you NEED those extra PCIe lanes. Look at the 5820k instead (or maybe an octa-core Xeon with the money saved).

That motherboard is nice, but generally overpriced, unless you NEED all of those features that the motherboard comes with.

I've got no objections towards SSD, Hard drive, Memory, cooler, and case choices.

As for monitors, I can not recommend that one. For the sole reason that it's using a TN panel, and that you are able to get IPS panels which use G-sync, and has great refresh rates. All the cables you need (DisplayPort) will come in the box of the monitor.

The thermal paste is not needed either, all Noctua coolers come with a fairly large tube of thermal paste.

With the money that you save on some components, you can spend on others. An additional screen? Graphics card? Larger SSD? Or even an NVMe SSD.

I'm no the best with PCIe lanes, If i were to go dual 980 ti's in SLI will the 5930k make sense, or should i just go with the 5920k?

I'm no the best with PCIe lanes, If i were to go dual 980 ti's in SLI will the 5930k make sense, or should i just go with the 5920k?

You're not building a workstation so you don't need a 5930K or a 5820K.

An i5 will do fine.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Haha I was afraid of that type of answer :')

Essentially yes that is a very kick ass machine, however for video games alone, its essentially burning money.

You really don't need those kind of specs for video games alone. That PC would be more so used for a high power workstation for video editing or 3D modelling/rendering.

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

An 5820k is good enough for a 3-way SLI setup.

No to the memory cooler.  DVI or Displayport.  Skip the Hdmi.

Nice and simple, I like you.  :D

You're not building a workstation so you don't need a 5930K or a 5820K.

An i5 will do fine.

Have a suggestion for a Great Gaming i5?

Have a suggestion for a Great Gaming i5?

Yeah, a i5 6600K would do nicely. The Kraken X61 and Z170 can overclock that CPU and the dual 980Tis will allow you to to play 4K easily:

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($87.89 @ OutletPC) 

Spoiler

Yeah, a i5 6600K would do nicely. The Kraken X61 and Z170 can overclock that CPU and the dual 980Tis will allow you to to play 4K easily:

So you are saying this will be good for next gen games at 4k with mid to high settings?

So you are saying this will be good for next gen games at 4k with mid to high settings?

Basically. On high settings in GTA V, I wouldn't be surprised if you got around 60FPS. Same story for BF4, easy 60FPS on 4K with Ultra settings.

Spoiler

Your proposed build is more suited for a workstation. A 5930K and 32GB of RAM is overkill for gaming.

The Fury cards keep up well with stock 980tis

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2947547/components-graphics/amd-radeon-fury-crossfire-review-2-fast-2-furious.html

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Basically. On high settings in GTA V, I wouldn't be surprised if you got around 60FPS. Same story for BF4, easy 60FPS on 4K with Ultra settings.

Wow thanks for all of your help than! I think i have reached a decision on my new computer, But the Monitor, wouldn't the Asus ROG swift PG278Q that has 144hz refresh rate and 4k w/ G-sync be a really good fit for this computer? . http://www.amazon.com/Asus-PG278Q-27-Inch-G-SYNC-Monitor/dp/B00MSOND8C

True but some games don't utilise SLI/XFire. Might as well get two 980Tis.

Spoiler

Wow thanks for all of your help than! I think i have reached a decision on my new computer, But the Monitor, wouldn't the Asus ROG swift PG278Q that has 144hz refresh rate and 4k w/ G-sync be a really good fit for this computer? . http://www.amazon.com/Asus-PG278Q-27-Inch-G-SYNC-Monitor/dp/B00MSOND8C

Depends. Do you play competitive shooters like CS:GO?

Spoiler

Depends. Do you play competitive shooters like CS:GO?

All the time! One of my favorite games.

All the time! One of my favorite games.

Then you're better off getting the ROG Swift.

Spoiler