(Mostly Complete) Cubespace: Build it Bea.. don't sue me.

Prolly_dyin

So I just finished throwing a few of the last major parts on my gaming build so I figured it was time to show it. That being said it probably will be an ongoing project with some mods already slated. ;)

The build started off as a basic Z87 i5 4690k with a gtx 970 ect. From there things got out of control which tends to happen when I do a personal build. After building this I realized that it wasn't quite up to the streaming/ capture and editing I wanted it to do. So I decided to go ahead and jump at an X99 platform. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade for me. Plus it gave me a nice z87 platform for a home server/nas. 

Current specs:

Mobo: Asus X99 Rampage U3.1 Extreme

CPU: intel 5820k (4.4Ghz)

Cooling: EK predator 240 rad/pump/res, Supremacy Evo nickel, Primochill revolver fittings and acrylic Hard piped aio? :D

Memory: 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800 (running 2600mhz 15-15-15-32)

GPU: SLI Evga Gtx 970 SC

Storage: 4x Intel 535 240gb ssds in Raid 0, 2x Pny 240gb Xlr8 drives

Case: Corsair Air 540 Fans- 3x SP120 1xAF140

PSU: Evga 850G2

The loop is definitely something kind of odd in this. I really wanted a very simple looking loop. Using the 240 predator with a few fittings and tubing (I had the evo so I threw it in) I had a very simple looking hardlined loop that looks pretty dang good in my personal opinion. Let alone I can actually remove the whole loop (very carefully) without taking anything apart. Win. The other odd thing is the drives which basically I just got a good deal on all the 240gb drives (around 50 bucks each I believe). As for the raid 0: I don't do a whole lot of critical work that isn't thrown onto another backup server almost instantly anyway so I'm not too worried about lost data. The most I'd typically lose is a draft of an invoice, ect. that can be easily duplicated.

So for the future:

As much as I didn't want to really I think I'm going to end up combing the cables. They're just out of control. I'm also planning on making a basement to cover the drives and sleds, cables, ect. at the bottom of the case. Even though watercooling the 970s was an Idea at one point (why the tube coming from the pump is oddly shaped to make room for another 240mm rad) I think due to funds and me being a poor guy, I'll probably just turn the blue decals on the gpus red or silver.

Anyway here it is:

post-210847-0-80057100-1453355400_thumb.

post-210847-0-41741900-1453355485_thumb.

post-210847-0-34580900-1453355568_thumb.

I'll try to get a few shots of my complete setup and things as I get them completed. 

Hope you like it! It's been a fun project so far. Aside from cable sleeving, who really likes doing that?  :P

post-210847-0-78850000-1453355594_thumb.

Current gaming build: Link to PcPartPicker

Nice! 

I love how you talk all about how you went to X99, watercooled, etc. and then end it with "I think due to... me being a poor guy..." lol.

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

Nice! 

I love how you talk all about how you went to X99, watercooled, etc. and then end it with "I think due to... me being a poor guy..." lol.

Well that's about how it went. lol I wasn't a poor guy at the beginning of the build.

Nice to see some try something different.

Any more work to do still?

I actually quite like the way that loop looks and honestly the drives don't look bad where they are.

Nice to see some try something different.

Any more work to do still?

Thanks, man. And of course. I have yet to get anything else done besides reroute the cables to the video cards. But there's still plenty to do.

I actually quite like the way that loop looks and honestly the drives don't look bad where they are.

Well, I actually like the drives there. It's the cheap plastic drive tray/sleds and wiring at the bottom of the case that I'm really looking to hide. Just to make everything appear cleaner and more deliberate I guess. 

How did you bleed the EK pump rad with it at the top of the case?

And how hard was it.

Y U NO WATERCOOL 970S????

How did you bleed the EK pump rad with it at the top of the case?

And how hard was it.

Very carefully. lol Basically fill the res. Close it tip the case forward and switch it on and off quick and repeat for like an hour. It wasn't necessarily hard it just took a while.

Y U NO WATERCOOL 970S????

Welllllllll, as much as I'd like to, I'm not really wanting to dip into my savings more than I have to at the moment due to a family emergency.

Very carefully. lol Basically fill the res. Close it tip the case forward and switch it on and off quick and repeat for like an hour. It wasn't necessarily hard it just took a while.

Welllllllll, as much as I'd like to, I'm not really wanting to dip into my savings more than I have to at the moment due to a family emergency

The 970s look kinda bad in blue and don't really fit with the theme

The 970s look kinda bad in blue and don't really fit with the theme

Fair enough. Already addressed in my main post. I feel the same way.

I'll probably just turn the blue decals on the gpus red or silver.

Fair enough. Already addressed in my main post. I feel the same way.

Have you seen these NVIDIA SLI bridges? People have been able to make them red and the stock SLI bridge looks kinda ugly.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/sli/bridges

I think TechSource painted one red for his "Big Red" build but I can't find the specific video.

-snip-

Ok well that is all well and good but what does it look like behind the back cover?

Have you seen these NVIDIA SLI bridges? People have been able to make them red and the stock SLI bridge looks kinda ugly.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/sli/bridges

I think TechSource painted one red for his "Big Red" build but I can't find the specific video.

yeah I actually have the Evga bridge. I really just don't like the look of it. It looks too "bulky?" for my taste. I'll have to upload a shot I had of the system with it in there. I just wasn't a fan.

Ok well that is all well and good but what does it look like behind the back cover?

I'll upload a picture tonight or tomorrow. I'm a bit tipsy(oops) but if I feel like pulling off the cover I'll take some shots. There's nothing fancy. I didn't make custom length cables or any of that, I also didn't sleeve the sata or peripheral cables.