DDR3L and DDR3: a conundrum

I am about to buy ram for my new build. I am looking at these two options:

Muskin ECO2 DDR3L

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226693&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

&

Muskin Stealth DDR3

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226404&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

What are the advantages of DDR3L over DDR3 and what are the disadvantages. I kinda like the way the ECO2 looks better since I assume the tops are silver although I don't really care. I just want it to work. 

Thanks

CPU: Xeon E3-1231 v3  Mobo: Asrock H97M Pro4  Memory: 16 GB EVGA SC  GPU: MSI R9 390 (mild OC)  Storage: 240GB Crucial BX200 | 1TB Seagate WD Blue  PSU: 650W EVGA GQ  Case: Thermaltake V21

"Be polite, be professional, have a plan to kill everyone you meet" - General James Mattis

DDR3L just stands for low voltage. 

they are mostly used for energy conservative people or laptops.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

DDR3L is skylake compatible is another reason why to go DDR3L

On support motherboards

So, there's no real difference other than it's technically usable on next generation stuff (If I'm going Z107, I'm gonna get DDR4 but just for arguments sake). Very well - I will get the DDR3L since I think it looks better. As far as Mushkin goes - they're pretty solid, correct? I don't see people putting their stuff in many of the builds I've looked at. I'm assuming that's because of a cosmetic thing or maybe prohibitive price at the time of purchase. They're just the cheapest right now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CPU: Xeon E3-1231 v3  Mobo: Asrock H97M Pro4  Memory: 16 GB EVGA SC  GPU: MSI R9 390 (mild OC)  Storage: 240GB Crucial BX200 | 1TB Seagate WD Blue  PSU: 650W EVGA GQ  Case: Thermaltake V21

"Be polite, be professional, have a plan to kill everyone you meet" - General James Mattis