How much OC can I get on the 860k?

I have a hyper t4 on my 860k and I haven't overclocked it yet.  How much should I be able to safely get away with?  I'm not looking for the absolute extreme I can handle, I just want to get a decent amount of overclock.

4.5 easy, will match my Phenom at that speed ;)

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

4.5 easy, will match my Phenom at that speed ;)

What temps will it hit?  I know I can bench it myself but I'm really paranoid I'll toast something.

What temps will it hit?  I know I can bench it myself but I'm really paranoid I'll toast something.

Not sure if it's true for newer AMD chips but 62c is the thermal limit of Phenom II... and well no idea what the max safe temp for these chips is... i would say do not go above 60c.

Not sure if it's true for newer AMD chips but 62c is the thermal limit of Phenom II... and well no idea what the max safe temp for these chips is... i would say do not go above 60c.

I can increase the OC incrementally and test it.  I was hoping to avoid spending the time doing it.

Is using cinebench for load and afterburner to watch temp a good way to test?

Won't say super easy. Athlon 860K eats up volts like nothing. I have mine @ 4.2 GHz w/ 1.375 volts. I can hit 4.5, but will need to up the voltage to 1.42 ish.

How do you know how much voltage to add?

I can increase the OC incrementally and test it.  I was hoping to avoid spending the time doing it.

Is using cinebench for load and afterburner to watch temp a good way to test?

CB is not a bad test at all and will actually error out if it's unstable, if you are shy of P95.. test your OC with multiple programs, a game that uses all your CPU threads.. i dunno Battlefield..

Aida Extreme for those AES tests etc... it performs calculations on the CPU in various ways, P95 is not the best stability tool.

Just gotta experiment. The safe maximum voltage is 1.55 for Kaveri, so don't exceed that.

Start with the stock voltage (was 1.3125 or something on mine) and just increment your multiplier by 100 MHz. Do a quick stress test. If it passes, add another 100 MHz. If it fails, then up the voltage & try again.

Sounds like a plan.  I won't damage anything doing this, right?