Huion H420 for game art?

crabcrabcam

So I can't draw. But I'm better using a pencil than a mouse for doing sprite art. Do you think it's worth it for me to get this cheap graphics tablet or should I just stick with my mouse? I do quite a lot of game art, most in 32x. If you have used this tablet, is it any good? Or if you could recommend a different one for about £15? thanks, Cam

Please remember to follow your posts so you get notifications of people replying. If you want to reply to me directly, and I am not the author of the post, quote me.

So I can't draw. But I'm better using a pencil than a mouse for doing sprite art. Do you think it's worth it for me to get this cheap graphics tablet or should I just stick with my mouse? I do quite a lot of game art, most in 32x. If you have used this tablet, is it any good? Or if you could recommend a different one for about £15? thanks, Cam

For that price, I would say take the risk. I'm going to a get a Wacom Pen and Touch soon. I have been looking into the $150 USD range of tablet. 

Edit: For sprite art, a tablet only really lets you make more natural shapes quicker, but a mouse is my weapon of choice for sprites. 

For that price, I would say take the risk. I'm going to a get a Wacom Pen and Touch soon. I have been looking into the $150 USD range of tablet. 

Edit: For sprite art, a tablet only really lets you make more natural shapes quicker, but a mouse is my weapon of choice for sprites. 

Because I am an idiot I have my DPI set to 8200 so my mouse is quite hard to use, but thanks for the input. I will probably be getting it now, the review are nice :)

Please remember to follow your posts so you get notifications of people replying. If you want to reply to me directly, and I am not the author of the post, quote me.

I use a Wacom Intuos Pen Small tablet and I highly enjoy using it in making artsy stuff. It's way better than mouse for stuff like  the character on my profile picture. But for the pixelarts I always did I never saw a point in getting a drawing tablet for that..

Anyways, I know the user @NeatSquidYT here has the Huion H420, but he doesn't use it to draw. You could still ask him some specific questions

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

It is pretty good actually. However, for drawing the area is quite small so you may need to zoom in to make fine changes.

Apart from that, good software and nothing really wrong with it.