cpu core temps

hello worried about my cpu core temps

what should the be

What cpu do you have.

Main PC : CPU: I7 6700k @ 4.7GHz MOBO: Asus Maximus Hero VII RAM: 32GB Crucial 2133MHz GPU: GTX 980ti 2-Way SLI Drives: 2 850 Evo 250GB, 1 TB WD Blue CASE: 750D PSU: RM1000W

I would like to see more information on what temperatures you're currently seeing and what cooler you're using.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

i could get my temps down to room temperature if i cared, but currently i'm sitting around 40°c with light usage. my fan profile is set up to basicly a vertical line at 60°c.

as long as your temps dont reach the high 70s theres not much to worry about, once they hit 80 its worth thinking what you're doing to the poor thing, and at 95°c is where an intel processor says "fuck it i'm done" and shuts down.

I just looked at your other post and yeah you need to do something about those temps, that's not normal and I'm surprised your pc didn't shut off after you hit 100C, that's an extremely dangerous temp to be running at. What kind of cooler do you have?

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R