Hello everyone!

I am building my first PC where I personally buy each individual part instead of letting the Builder buy them, to ensure they are exactly what I want and to reduce the long-term cost, so that the Builder only needs to be paid for the Labor.

The thing is, I have a very specific illness that makes Computers much more important to me than they otherwise would be, not to mention that I do not have the money to get these kind of parts. I do have the money right now so cost isn't a problem, but the RAM is the only component that I will be able to further upgrade this year. The rest of the party really need to be the Best of the Best and as futureproofed as possible, because this is it for a good, long while!

So to that end, I put a list together on PCPartPicker. I think this is pretty well futureproofed and my Builder agrees, but I was hoping you guys could give me your opinions too? So there is less chance of wasting money on any one part?

Here: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TQQYMp

My main concerns are;

1) Is the CPU Cooler good enough for Overclocking EVERYTHING in this Rig? I were with the H110i GTX just because it is a straight upgrade of my current Closed-Loop Liquid Cooler, but I have heard just as much about the Cooler Master Nepton 240mm, the Swiftech H240-X, and the Noctua NH-D15 coolers. I don't want a Custom Loop right now in the slightest, so what really is the best Closed-Loop Liquid Cooler available?

2) Is the DDR4 DRAM that I picked worth the upgrade from my current 32GB DDR3 RAM? Is DDR3 compatible with the Asus ROG RAMPAGE V and the Intel 5960X Extreme? The reason that I am asking this is because I would really like the upgrade to DDR4, but this Summer I'm going to get the Corsair Dominator Platinum 2600MMHz 128GB C14 Kit, so I am wondering if you 64GB 2800 C14 Kit would be better to just go ahead and get instead so the aforementioned upgrade would be easier? Or should I just wait altogether and just straight-up go for the 128GB Kit when I have the money for a singular purchase?

3) Is there anything better than the Logitech Z906 if I am going for a Surround Sound System with a Headphones Jack? I use my Sony MDR-1A Headphones tons more than the actual Speakers unplugged for everyone to hear, so a Headphone Jack is absolutely crucial!

Thank you for reading! Please give me any feedback you have?

You might as well just get two Titan X's cuz.... ya know.... overkill c:

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8GHz | EVGA RTX 2060 SUPER | MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon | G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB @ 3200MHz C14 | EVGA G3 650W

Laptop: 2023 Macbook Pro 16" - M2 Max | 64GB RAM | 1TB SSD

You might as well just get two Titan X's cuz.... ya know.... overkill c:

Two? Why not four! He has the power for it anyway..

FX-6300 cooled by Nepton 240M | EVGA GTX 970 SuperClocked | 8GB G.Skill ValueRAM | Cooler Master 690 III | Sharkoon WMP 500 Bronze

Power supplies:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/406160-psu-ranking-and-tiers/ My F@h stats: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=zyntaxable Intel vs. FX for gaming: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/401217-more-updated-fx-vs-intel-for-gaming/

Why don't you get 2699V3 dual socket?

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

y
u

no

custom loop

------------------

y

u

no

reference

for

SLI

-----------------

y

u

no

liquid

cool

GPU

Two? Why not four! He has the power for it anyway..

Micro stuttering for dayzzz.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8GHz | EVGA RTX 2060 SUPER | MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon | G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB @ 3200MHz C14 | EVGA G3 650W

Laptop: 2023 Macbook Pro 16" - M2 Max | 64GB RAM | 1TB SSD

Here's what I would personally do. Seeing as you dont want a custom loop, a 900D is pointless, that expensive of RAM is pointless if your going to replace it with 128gb anyways. I wouldn't get that expensive of a motherboard, PSU is utter overkill (linus didn't use that much with 7 fury nanos and 14 core Xeons). Plus, if you add up all the price savings, you can get another 980ti, which is nice.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5960X 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($999.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GTX 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($124.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI X99A Raider ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($222.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Sandisk Extreme Pro 960GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($369.99 @ Adorama) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($329.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ Video Card (3-Way SLI)  ($629.99 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ Video Card (3-Way SLI)  ($629.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Corsair 760T White ATX Full Tower Case  ($169.99 @ Micro Center) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM (64-bit)  ($130.29 @ B&H) 
Sound Card: Asus Xonar DX 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card  ($80.99 @ Best Buy) 
Speakers: Logitech Z906 500W 5.1ch Speakers  ($327.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $5223.13
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-17 17:47 EST-0500

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

i would

Hello everyone!

I am building my first PC where I personally buy each individual part instead of letting the Builder buy them, to ensure they are exactly what I want and to reduce the long-term cost, so that the Builder only needs to be paid for the Labor.

The thing is, I have a very specific illness that makes Computers much more important to me than they otherwise would be, not to mention that I do not have the money to get these kind of parts. I do have the money right now so cost isn't a problem, but the RAM is the only component that I will be able to further upgrade this year. The rest of the party really need to be the Best of the Best and as futureproofed as possible, because this is it for a good, long while!

So to that end, I put a list together on PCPartPicker. I think this is pretty well futureproofed and my Builder agrees, but I was hoping you guys could give me your opinions too? So there is less chance of wasting money on any one part?

Here: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TQQYMp

My main concerns are;

1) Is the CPU Cooler good enough for Overclocking EVERYTHING in this Rig? I were with the H110i GTX just because it is a straight upgrade of my current Closed-Loop Liquid Cooler, but I have heard just as much about the Cooler Master Nepton 240mm, the Swiftech H240-X, and the Noctua NH-D15 coolers. I don't want a Custom Loop right now in the slightest, so what really is the best Closed-Loop Liquid Cooler available?

2) Is the DDR4 DRAM that I picked worth the upgrade from my current 32GB DDR3 RAM? Is DDR3 compatible with the Asus ROG RAMPAGE V and the Intel 5960X Extreme? The reason that I am asking this is because I would really like the upgrade to DDR4, but this Summer I'm going to get the Corsair Dominator Platinum 2600MMHz 128GB C14 Kit, so I am wondering if you 64GB 2800 C14 Kit would be better to just go ahead and get instead so the aforementioned upgrade would be easier? Or should I just wait altogether and just straight-up go for the 128GB Kit when I have the money for a singular purchase?

3) Is there anything better than the Logitech Z906 if I am going for a Surround Sound System with a Headphones Jack? I use my Sony MDR-1A Headphones tons more than the actual Speakers unplugged for everyone to hear, so a Headphone Jack is absolutely crucial!

Thank you for reading! Please give me any feedback you have?

i would definitly look into titan X's because of the vram .

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Hmmm. Overkill it is, but are you able to actually make use of it? Or are you just trying to extend your epeen?

No judging either way, it's just this seems like it'll be a huge waste of money.

Now, for things I'd change...

K70 to either the K70 RGB or the K95 RGB.

PG279Q to the 34" model they're coming out with.

900D to a MasterCase Pro. For the mods.

Why do you want that much RAM?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Unless you plan to do some insane 4k video editing and such this is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy overkill as many people have said.

As for the people who said to stick a Titan X in there... well that's just stupid 2 980TIs gets the same if not better performance than a single Titan X for a fraction of the price.

128GB of ram is NOT necessary for a desktop no matter what your doing.

1600W psu... Why?

A little insight on WHY you have selected these parts and what you are planning to do with this insane power, because, to me, this just sounds like a because you can that you won't benefit from what so ever.

Unless you plan to do some insane 4k video editing and such this is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy overkill as many people have said.

As for the people who said to stick a Titan X in there... well that's just stupid 2 980TIs gets the same if not better performance than a single Titan X for a fraction of the price.

128GB of ram is NOT necessary for a desktop no matter what your doing.

1600W psu... Why?

A little insight on WHY you have selected these parts and what you are planning to do with this insane power, because, to me, this just sounds like a because you can that you won't benefit from what so ever.

One word. OVERKILLLLLL May as well waste money.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

why are you getting two 1TB SSDs but they are different brands? and PSU is way overkill. There is a fine line between overkill and a complete waste of money :)

for example, look at this build i made up. (case fans can be removed, was a concept build for a friend who wanted them)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($554.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i GTX 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($114.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI X99A SLI PLUS ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($224.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($329.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card (3-Way SLI)  ($649.99 @ B&H) 
Case: Corsair 900D ATX Full Tower Case  ($336.07 @ Amazon) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($87.95 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $4064.20
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-01-17 18:48 EST-0500

that have a little less CPU power, but it has an entire extra GPU, and its $1400 less. $1400 could get you a fourth GPU for quadruple sli, and you'd still have like $700-800 left to increase storage if you wanted. Or you could get that 5960X and still have $400-500 left over for more storage. I wish I could make a PC where money wasn't a limiting factor, and I would hate to see you go and waste hundreds of dollars on un-needed stuff.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

One word. OVERKILLLLLL May as well waste money.

What is the point in it though. If you not gaining any performance or are not utilising the performance your getting and are spending way more than you need to then it's simply a waste of money.

I'm just trying to show him some sense and make sure he doesn't waste his money on something he doesn't need.

What is the point in it though. If you not gaining any performance or are not utilising the performance your getting and are spending way more than you need to then it's simply a waste of money.

I'm just trying to show him some sense and make sure he doesn't waste his money on something he doesn't need.

Have you ever bought something simply because you wanted to? Not because you needed it?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Have you ever bought something simply because you wanted to? Not because you needed it?

No I haven't.

Granted I have come very close.

If you don't get any advantage buying something why buy it.