Favorite ITX case?

Beeeyeee

Hey guys I have enough spare parts laying around for a gaming computer for my girlfriend. All I'm missing is a good case. So, what's your favorite mini-ITX case and why? Preferably with ATX PSU (or SFX if it's worth it) and a single 3.5" drive support.

I prefer something smaller

Here's the list of parts http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Beeeyeee/saved/JCQQzy

Corsair 250D

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

enthoo evolv <3

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I own the Corsair 250D and I can tell you it is amazing. It is not the smallest ITX case avilable, but is pretty much no compromise; beautiful looks, window, fully dust filtered, 2 3.5" bays, 2 2.5" bays, ATX PSU support, 2x 80mm fan support at the back, 2x 120mm fan support on the side, and 120/140/200mm fan support at front, enough space for a thin 120/240mm radiator on the side, or a thick 120/140mm radiator at the front.

The only fault is cable management. While it isn't hard to make the window view look clean, trying to make the whole thing clean is incredibly hard - many, many zipties needed.

nCase M1. Beautiful, small, compact and powerful. ;)

I quite like the Fractal Design Node 202 and the BitFenix Prodigy.

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

rajintek meits

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Cooler Master Elite 130 is great if you're on a low budget!

Want to build yourself a NAS? Check here!

I have the Core 500 from fractal. Reasons are:

1. Full sized PSU

2. Under 20L (total volume, it will also fit in an most airline's carryon limits)

3. Heatsink height of 180mm (I put a NH-D14 in mine, which is as big as you can reasonably get)

4. 5 2.5in SSD + 1 3.5in HDD + optical drive (or use the 5.25in slot for slim optical and another 3.5 in HDD)

5. Ability to put in a double length radiator

6. Vents on the top, sides and bottom

7. Upto 12.5 in graphics cards at least (though you might have issues cramming all the cables behind the PSU)

8. Most efficient use of space (hence the under 20L comment)

9. Dust filters everywhere

This case is hard to assemble, don't follow the instructions it comes with. Install your motherboard first, connect all the cables, then install the power supply. Especially if you have a massive heatsink. Some of those headers wont be reachable if you put in both the mobo and the PSU.

I've considered the Cosair 250D, and the Coolermaster Elite Mini ITX cases, none of them offer the amount of aircooling heatsink height and low volume as this case.

If you don't need fancy air cooling or a full sized PSU, go with the RVZ02(RVZ01 will give you ~20mm extra heatsink headroom) or the FTZ01 if you don't want it to look gamery.

The Lian-Li PC-05 is the sexiest case I've ever seen, period.

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

Hey guys I have enough spare parts laying around for a gaming computer for my girlfriend. All I'm missing is a good case. So, what's your favorite mini-ITX case and why? Preferably with ATX PSU (or SFX if it's worth it) and a single 3.5" drive support.

I prefer something smaller

Here's the list of parts http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Beeeyeee/saved/JCQQzy

raijintek metis black :D (SFX PSU)

(btw, dont follow the manual, it's horrible)

install the psu last, and plug in the mobo connectors before installing the cpu cooler when using a tall cooler

Phantek's Evolv ITX is the best IMO. It's almost no compromise for an ITX size case.

- It can fit a Noctua NH-D15 and a Gigabyte G1 card.

- It has a easy mount bracket for a 120mm radiator and custom water cooling support like reservoir and pump mounts as well as modular storage options through out the case. 

- It even looks awesome to boot, has a 200mm fan in the front w/ a fan hub for other case fans for great airflow and a basement for cable management with a cutaway to show off your power supply if you want.

I could list a good couple of mini ITX cases that there are available and look great. But personally I think the whole purpose of going mini ITX is actually saving space.

Any case that has similar footprint as any ATX mid tower case I can't consider worth it; for example: if you can fit a Cooler Master Elite 130 or Fractal Design Core 500 in your desk, you can absolutely fit a NZXT S340... That case has less width and is roughly 40cm (16") deep, which is what I'd expect ANY desk should be.

And cases like the Prodigy, 250D or 380T sound ridiculous. If you want one then it's because the aesthetic is pleasing, not because you are saving any amount of space or weight. And don't even get me started with the Phanteks stuff.

So if I were to pick an ITX case, it has to have a small footprint to make it worth it. I would say the Silverstone RVZ01, RVZ02, FTZ01 and Fractal Design Node 202, hit the nail just right when it comes to saving desk space.

Cooler Master Elite 130 is great if you're on a low budget!

The Elite 110 is even smaller/cheaper on a budget.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The Elite 110 is even smaller/cheaper on a budget.

I've heard great things about the 110 as well :)

Want to build yourself a NAS? Check here!

I could list a good couple of mini ITX cases that there are available and look great. But personally I think the whole purpose of going mini ITX is actually saving space.

Any case that has similar footprint as any ATX mid tower case I can't consider worth it; for example: if you can fit a Cooler Master Elite 130 or Fractal Design Core 500 in your desk, you can absolutely fit a NZXT S340... That case has less width and is roughly 40cm (16") deep, which is what I'd expect ANY desk should be.

And cases like the Prodigy, 250D or 380T sound ridiculous. If you want one then it's because the aesthetic is pleasing, not because you are saving any amount of space or weight. And don't even get me started with the Phanteks stuff.

So if I were to pick an ITX case, it has to have a small footprint to make it worth it. I would say the Silverstone RVZ01, RVZ02, FTZ01 and Fractal Design Node 202, hit the nail just right when it comes to saving desk space.

True. But at the same time I am just using leftover parts. And if I don't need more than one graphics card slot I don't have a need for a huge tall case. So that's why the phanteks entail evolv itx looks enticing for me. A mini itx board in a big case would look stupid. But this makes it easy to build in. And it's more about the height and how much you can fit in a box 1/4 as tall. Though I do love me some super tiny cases, they're just too expensive for me right now:(

Fractal Design 304.  Full size ATX PSU, Full length GPUs. 165mm CPU coolers.  Very compact and good use of space.

I tried the Corsair 250D before this case and wasn't impressed with it.  I liked the exterior styling, but it was too big for how limited its internal layout was.  Too many restrictions on hardware and terrible cooling for aftermarket gpu coolers.

Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.