is dual 390x cards supposted to run high settings 4k in gta V @~80fps?

Bajantechnician

TitanX-SLI-Crysis3-4K.jpg

^^titan X, the 980ti (when overclocked) is pretty much identical in performance, minus a few %

btw this is at ultra, not high

OP is getting 80fps average on high, which makes sense since the 390x is weaker than a 980ti

I don't believe it, I'm going through numerous 3 way 980Ti benchmarks and none of them are hitting 120 on any intensive game, especially Crysis 3 Ultra.

Sounds like Digital Storm marketing tbh

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

of course it is...WTF is wrong with you people!!!!

I don't think you need to be so upset over a high power draw system, there is much bigger dangers to the environment than a high wattage pc

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Your post is a waste of storage on Linus' servers, please request for this to be deleted it's bloody crazy 

i dont see any motorbike links yet

i dont see any motorbike links yet

Because im not shitting posting, if you'd really like to know the rear wheel horsepower of my 2013 Husqvarna CR125 2 stroke, it's 36.85 HP. 

K thanks bai

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

I don't think you need to be so upset over a high power draw system, there is much bigger dangers to the environment than a high wattage pc

that depends where you are...here in quebec we are ''Relying almost exclusively on sixty hydroelectric generating stations''

(according to wikipedia) but if you are in the states...chances are your power is provided by a coal power plant like this one:

coal_fired_power_plant1.jpg

and if you are pretty much anywhere else in europe and most other parts of the world it's even worse your power is likely provided by nuclear power plant like this one:

Nuclear_Power_Plant_Cattenom.jpg

so...please...COME ON...at least DON'T SAY THAT...even OP admitted this is NOT a very good thing.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Because im not shitting posting, if you'd really like to know the rear wheel horsepower of my 2013 Husqvarna CR125 2 stroke, it's 36.85 HP. 

K thanks bai

and how many cylinders is it?

Dual R9 390X's are very nice. Especially with that 8GB frame buffer. Except from your signature you don't have a 4K monitor. So essentially, you should be running games at 1080p. Now what the fuck is a 1900x1080 resolution? I can get about 90-100fps in GTA V at 4K with Ultra settings and I have a 4K monitor. Which R9 390X's did you buy? 

superresolution.

basicly takes the image and poerformance hit of 4k, but scales it down to "better" 1080p

and how many cylinders is it?

...and yes this is way worst for the environment than your machine...but still, you should sell those two beasts and get a GTX 980ti with the money and be happy with the framerates you get...even for 4K.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

where is this?

canada?

yup

I don't believe it, I'm going through numerous 3 way 980Ti benchmarks and none of them are hitting 120 on any intensive game, especially Crysis 3 Ultra.

Sounds like Digital Storm marketing tbh

anandtech also has a 4k crysis benchmark, showing the titan X at about 40fps average (single titan x), which makes sense since they actually turn on AA for their benchmark

but nobody with a 4k screen should be using AA anyway, so the actual performance will be around the fps that digitalstorm got

this is of course assuming you dont get a crappy 980ti and you can actually OC it to near-titan X performance levels

which not all of them can do :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

that depends where you are...here in quebec we are ''Relying almost exclusively on its sixty hydroelectric generating stations'' according to wikipedia) but if you are in the states...chances are your power is provided by a coal power plant like this one:

~SNIP~

and if you are pretty much anywhere else in europe and most other parts of the world it's even worse your power is likely provided by nuclear power plant like this one:

~SNIP~

so...please...COME ON...at least DON'T SAY THAT...even OP ~admitted this is NOT a very good thing.i do believe that its bad for the enviroment.

I do see your valid points

however, I dont see how you are personally helping.

do you own a electric car?

do you have solar planes on your roof?

do you recycle ALL your plastic bottles?

I can go on and on about what you can do, but arent doing.

I am personally trying to help the envoronment as much as i can.

I am also in boy scouts. That teaches me to respect the enviroment. to leave no trace.

are you going to enroll your sons in boy scouts when the grow older?

Because You very much schould.

It might teach them not to explode out at other people when they have a dissagreement.

that depends where you are...here in quebec we are ''Relying almost exclusively on its sixty hydroelectric generating stations'' according to wikipedia) but if you are in the states...chances are your power is provided by a coal power plant like this one:

=

so...please...COME ON...at least DON'T SAY THAT...even OP admitted this is NOT a very good thing.

Are you kidding? It doesn't matter at all. We all need electricity; that's not the problem. The problem is how we get said electricity, which is completely irrelevant to how much power his PC sips. We need renewable energy, not less power hungry pc's.

Oh and believe me, I want to protect my future children as well. I walk 4x the distance just to recycle as opposed to throwing away my recycle in the garbage bin, which is apparently "stupid" according to my friends.

...and yes this is way worst for the environment than your machine...but still, you should sell those two beasts and get a GTX 980ti with the money and be happy with the framerates you get...even for 4K.

yup

anandtech also has a 4k crysis benchmark, showing the titan X at about 40fps average (single titan x), which makes sense since they actually turn on AA for their benchmark

but nobody with a 4k screen should be using AA anyway, so the actual performance will be around the fps that digitalstorm got

this is of course assuming you dont get a crappy 980ti and you can actually OC it to near-titan X performance levels

which not all of them can do :)

someone might trade me 2 980s for my titan z

dont believe me anyone?(other than enderman, he is lord and savior)

look in ltt classifieds

-do you own a electric car?

-do you have solar planes on your roof?

-do you recycle ALL your plastic bottles?

-I am personally trying to help the envoronment as much as i can.

-I am also in boy scouts. That teaches me to respect the enviroment. to leave no trace.

-are you going to enroll your sons in boy scouts when the grow older?

-Because You very much schould.

- Prius hybrid, does that count?

- no i don't they are too expensive and here in quebec we have clean electricity

-  Yes i do, i recycle everything i can...it's good that you do as well, keep it up!

- Good!

- Yes i was when i was a kid

- i sure will, no doubt about it!

- i Know, thanks!

Are you kidding? It doesn't matter at all. We all need electricity; that's not the problem. The problem is how we get said electricity, which is completely irrelevant to how much power his PC sips. We need renewable energy, not less power hungry pc's.

Oh and believe me, I want to protect my future children as well. I walk 4x the distance just to recycle as opposed to throwing away my recycle in the garbage bin, which is apparently "stupid" according to my friends.

no it's good...keep it up!

someone might trade me 2 980s for my titan z

dont believe me anyone?(other than enderman, he is lord and savior)

look in ltt classifieds

whoa you actually bought a titan Z holy crap :P

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

no it's good...keep it up!

Hoping to get a Prius next year when I receive my license :D

I know what it is. I've tried it before on a 1080p display and really doesn't look that much better. IMO it's dumb to play games at a up-scaled resolution because you're just gonna lose a lot of performance; just for a slightly better looking picture. 

well, i mean i can run it, so why not

This has just turned to chaos.

Locked.