Internet Cost May Go Up by 30% in India

Keystone Nyan Cat

Source- http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-08-30/internet/41617736_1_licence-fee-unified-licence-rajesh-chharia

Summary of article taken from- http://www.erodov.com/forums/internet-cost-may-go-up-30-india/66836.html

Internet prices may go up by upto 30% in India according to a report on the TOI because the Department of Telecom now wants ISPs to pay uniform licence fee of 8% annually on adjusted gross revenue (AGR) -- part of telecom company's earnings on which annual license fee is levied.

ISPAI president Rajesh Chharia said the move is a "major setback in broadband penetration specially in rural India, as there will be cascading effect and license fee on multi point will increase broadband price by 30%". He added that ISPs are in bad condition already and this will worsen their situation.

All new telecom services providers are required to take Unified License, while existing companies will have to migrate to the new license on expiry of their permits for continuing their business.

Taxes on Internet service providers had already been increased marginally last year but it seems that the Govt was not satisfied by this. Hopefully more taxes will not be applied on ISP's in the near future.

post-14430-0-97871800-1378218511.jpg

PC in Profile

well. i guess they dont want them to have proper internet

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Think that amount of money that they get! :)

(how many persons is there in india?)

like 1,3 billion

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Holy shoe, that is a lot!

sorry, i googled it, only 1.22 billion, it is the fastest growing country in the world, and has the (second) most population

sorry, i googled it, only 1.22 billion, it is the fastest growing country in the world, and has the (second) most population

Mind blown!

post-2255-0-50192800-1378219501.gif

350 million have internet connection. DSL/Cable mostly and some 3G/4G services. Dial-up still exists in certain regions.

Currently pay about 34 USD for 16 Mbps Up and 1 Mbps down, with monthly 80 GB cap, DSL + voice services.

mother of god. thats why they have tech support there.

fun fact. almost 1/3 of the worlds most dangerous diseases originated in india.

not sure if thats a fun fact. but it sure is a fact

I think in India the should first try and work on getting a proper network to houses. Sure there's fibre optic but it is no where as good as it is in other countries. I've been India many times (because my family all originate from there) and they charge a lot of money for internet. Then again, a lot needs to be made better in India...

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Oh man i live in india and the internet situation is already very very bad  :(  :angry: , Although there are a lot of people in india very few of them have internet so not a lot of money as an ISP until many people start getting internet. #iwannaleavethiscountry

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.4.2 Omnirom) 

Do you have anything to back this claim or are you just mouthing off? and the other 2/3rd?

Do you have anything to back this claim or are you just mouthing off? and the other 2/3rd?

africa mostly. and do you have anything to refute the fact that i've stated? because why would i give a shit about your doubt. why would i possibly care about your opinion? exactly.

africa mostly. and do you have anything to refute the fact that i've stated? because why would i give a shit about your doubt. why would i possibly care about your opinion? exactly.

Can we keep it clean without being stereotypes please? You may be offending someone...

PC in Profile

1/5th of the World's population is actually in fact Morgan Freeman.

Source: The Interwebs

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)