New skylake processors for 2016

KanavK

Does anyone know or have any clues pertaining to any new skylake processors scheduled to come out in 2016? Mainly referring to i7's.

Does anyone know or have any clues pertaining to any new skylake processors scheduled to come out in 2016? Mainly referring to i7's.

I don't think there are any...not for consumer boards anyway

theres a few revisions coming tho..one without the gpu

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Don't think there are any consumer ones anyway

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6700K 4.7GHz GPU: GTX 980 STRIX 1337MHz CPU Cooler: H110i GTX AIO |

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR | Case: NZXT H440 White PSU: CS750W |

PCPartPicker Link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/43BkVn 

no

broadwell-e i7s are coming though

but thats not skylake

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Ahh so it was the broadwell-e's that are coming. I guess I should have waited than buying a z170 board for a skylake build. Probably gonna sell it for an x99 and buy a broadwell-e chip. Just a quick question, if Intel releases a Skylake-e chip, will it be compatible on the z170 chipset?

There are two consumer models that I'm aware of both with have a P suffix instead of a K. However it will be an i3 and i5 model.

Ahh so it was the broadwell-e's that are coming. I guess I should have waited than buying a z170 board for a skylake build. Probably gonna sell it for an x99 and buy a broadwell-e chip. Just a quick question, if Intel releases a Skylake-e chip, will it be compatible on the z170 chipset?

No, all the high-end Intel CPUs (like Haswell-E, Broadwell-E and Skylake-E) uses a X-platform, like X99. The Z platforms are meant for mainstream CPUs. Skylake-E will probably use something like X190.