Laptop Asus OnBoard RAM

So my friend brought me his Asus X552LAV-BBI5NO8 I opened it up and noticed had on board RAM and a Ram slot so I was wondering if I could actually put an extra RAM stick in there.

Thread moved to CPUs, Motherboards, and Memory.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

So my friend brought me his Asus X552LAV-BBI5NO8 I opened it up and noticed had on board RAM and a Ram slot so I was wondering if I could actually put an extra RAM stick in there.

On board RAM??? As in RAM that is soldered to the motherboard??? Unusual... If there is a spare slot chances are you can populate it... what generation RAM are we talking here DDR2/DDR3? What CPU is it?

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

On board RAM??? As in RAM that is soldered to the motherboard??? Unusual... If there is a spare slot chances are you can populate it... what generation RAM are we talking here DDR2/DDR3? What CPU is it?

Yeah the actual Ram chips are in the Main board. I checked and compared it to the Ram I had and saw that it was by the same company except it said I3e4 and the Ram I brought said i4e4. They are both ddr3 Ram

Yeah the actual Ram chips are in the Main board. I checked and compared it to the Ram I had and saw that it was by the same company except it said I3e4 and the Ram I brought said i4e4. They are both ddr3 Ram

You SHOULD be ok then...

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64