My PS2 has the best sound output hands down :P

LokiFire

Sounds damn good though.

It doesn't sound like anything. If you are using a digital output from your PS2, you are bypassing any and all audio hardware on the PS2, at which point it makes no sense whatsoever to say that the "PS2 has the best sound output". Because it isn't outputting sound. It's outputting data.

This thread is pointless. Any digital device that needs to output sound without touching integrated hardware is going to use a digital bus to delegate to an external device. Not exactly breaking news. And as spawth pointed out, optical is only good for two-channel audio. Multi-channel really needs HDMI to function optimally.

This thread reminds me of the time people said that Iraq could build a supercomputer with a couple thousand PS2.

Top kek.

Called an amp that takes Optical LOL

Dolby Receiver and all that jazz? no? never heard of it? christ.

did you know optical is digital? and if it gets converted to analog the thing that converts it is called a dac? LOL its amazing cant believe the logic

Pc Speck's : i7-6700K 4.0GHz , GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB , 16 GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 - 3400 , ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz , (2) Acer G277HL bid 60Hz.

did you know optical is digital? and if it gets converted to analog the thing that converts it is called a dac? LOL its amazing cant believe the logic

No shit.

REALLY?

Not something i said the entire thread no? receiver has a DAC you mongoloid.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

No shit.

REALLY?

I'm pretty sure troll threads are against the CoC.

No shit.

REALLY?

I love the toxic. -.- you said that you didnt need a dac. me and a few others proved you wrong if the info isn't there anymore you changed it. have fun troll. 

Pc Speck's : i7-6700K 4.0GHz , GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB , 16 GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 - 3400 , ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz , (2) Acer G277HL bid 60Hz.

I'm pretty sure troll threads are against the CoC.

they are. at first i thought it was just a mislead person, tryed to help and it got worse im done here. i would suggest just unfollowing the topic. T_T

I love the toxic. -.- you said that you didnt need a dac. me and a few others proved you wrong if the info isn't there anymore you changed it. have fun troll.

I respond in the same vein i am spoken to, treat me like a dumb cunt you get what is coming to you.

I respond in the same vein i am spoken to, treat me like a dumb cunt you get what is coming to you.

I merely stated "Technicaly you are correct to think you can say this sir.. but if you slap a HDMI OUTPUT on a Dos Computer and somehow got it to work it does not mean better sound  :PCheers~" i literally said you are correct But only technically.

you proceeded to get worse and started calling names and acting like im an idiot. never acted that way to you, just stated facts about a subject. you KNOW this was gonna turn into a flamewar and wanted to make it as bad as you could. as i said im done. not gonna deal with it nor you.

I merely stated "Technicaly you are correct to think you can say this sir.. but if you slap a HDMI OUTPUT on a Dos Computer and somehow got it to work it does not mean better sound  :PCheers~" i literally said you are correct But only technically.

you proceeded to get worse and started calling names and acting like im an idiot. never acted that way to you, just stated facts about a subject. you KNOW this was gonna turn into a flamewar and wanted to make it as bad as you could. as i said im done. not gonna deal with it nor you.

No i never knew actually, but i do know that reading comprehension is at best limited on these forums at times.

I got like that due to others not exactly you, my reply to you was highlighted... 

I don't want to continue arguing with you, just leave it be.

This topic is completly useless.

First of all, it is saying the PS2 has the best sound output because it has optical, when any modern home theater device/computer has optical, or the superior HDMI.

Second of all, it has developed into useless bantering.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

If we disregard the limits of human perception, then no, the PS2 doesn't have the best optical output possible. Latency can be just as important as the fidelity of data - and I'm sure there are devices out there with lower latency than the PS2. :) 

Just another point of view.