My PS2 has the best sound output hands down :P

LokiFire

Damn thing is just beast mode.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

im happy that you think that but you are wrong, very wrong, seriously wrong. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Good good, i hope you know that Optical passes any DAC's LOL, so if you don't agree then you obviously did not know that, so yeah the PS2 is up with the best of them because Optical :P

Good good, i hope you know that Optical passes any DAC's LOL, so if you don't agree then you obviously did not know that, so yeah the PS2 is up with the best of them because Optical :P

Stop already, you know nothing.

Like, Xbox Original wrong....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Stop already, you know nothing.

So Optical uses the DAC? It's a Dolby Passthrough...

I know nothing, about sums up this forum TBH :P

Technicaly you are correct to think you can say this sir.. but if you slap a HDMI OUTPUT on a Dos Computer and somehow got it to work it does not mean better sound :P Cheers~

Pc Speck's : i7-6700K 4.0GHz , GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB , 16 GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 - 3400 , ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz , (2) Acer G277HL bid 60Hz.

Like, Xbox Original wrong....

PS2 fakes it's Dolby, it just lacks bass and punch vs the OG XBOX, i have the OG XBOX lol, the PS2 though has no actual Dolby capable DAC it's all done through emulation.

Headphones and speakers need DAC to convert the digital signal to analogue. And I've got quite a few CD drive with build in DACs, along with the DACs in my PCI sound cards and on most of my motherboards (some are that old that they don't have onboard audio).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

41TlkJrzYCL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I would love to know how a digital signal got to your analog sound drivers with out passing through a DIGITAL to ANALOG CONVERTER.

Pc Speck's : i7-6700K 4.0GHz , GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB , 16 GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 - 3400 , ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz , (2) Acer G277HL bid 60Hz.

I would love to know how a digital signal got to your analog sound drivers with out passing through a DIGITAL to ANALOG CONVERTER.

Called an amp that takes Optical LOL

Dolby Receiver and all that jazz? no? never heard of it? christ.

I'm logging off, brains fried already, i look at peoples profiles, they have all this audio equipment but don't know how a PS2 can give a Digital Optical output to a receiver.

Uh, it doesn't "emulate" DTS, it just is. I think there are a few EA games that do that.

It's just a question of which DAC you're using.

PS2 - RCA - PS2's DAC.

PS2 - TOS --> Receiver --> Receiver's DAC

PS2 - TOS --> Sound Card - Sound Card's DAC

PS2 - TOS --> Sound Card - digital --> Receiver --> Big mess.

If you have a dedicated receiver/decoder, then use its DAC and connect the PS2 to it. If you're just pumping it into the sound card (A live!, probably) then it probably won't be any better, and perhaps worse, than the onbard PS2 DAC.

http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=879871

I thought people knew this? oh it's because you see a CRT, yeah PS2 is not a HDMI console you dumb fucks lol.

if the source content is bad its gonna end up bad anyways, if you get a 128kbps mpeg then convert it to FLAC its not gonna be better

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I still have yet to see what the point of this thread might be.

I think he is saying ps2 has the best audio because it has optical.

And optical uses"no dacs anywhere"

Ok...

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Um what?

The amplifier/receiver uses a dac.

Optical bipasses the ps2 dac, but there stil has to be a dac involved to get sound.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Um what?

The amplifier/receiver uses a dac.

Optical bipasses the ps2 dac, but there stil has to be a dac involved to get sound.

Is exactly what i said.. LOL i thought you guys were referring to the PS2 DAC.

Is exactly what i said.. LOL i thought you guys were referring to the PS2 DAC.

Ok.

Well still that doesn't make it have "the best audio ever"... Many things have optical. Besides, optical isn't even the "best", as its compressed. Hdmi is superior in that regard.

Ok.

Well still that doesn't make it have "the best audio ever"... Many things have optical. Besides, optical isn't even the "best", as its compressed. Hdmi is superior in that regard.

Sounds damn good though.

Sounds damn good though.

So does my computer with hdmi. And a ps3 with optical or hdmi. And any other modern home theater component.