Why is my pc so loud?

SawmanTheNerd
Go to solution Solved by crystal6tak,

Only 2 of them are running at full speed on the radiators because there is no choice with the hybrids. The rest are at half speed

Well there's your problem then lol. Any fan running at max speed will be loud. Majority of fans running at half speed are clearly audible too. You want fans to be quite, you're looking into going 0-40% speed on them.

My PC case is a phantom 820 and my case fans are 2x corsair af120 quiet, 2x corsair af140 quiet, 2x noctua fans p14 and p12, and 1x NZXT 220mm fan that is at 27db atleast on the website. All of those fans are supposed to be very quiet so why is my pc so loud the only other thing I could think of is my GPU's and there quiet to GTX 980TI hybrid's. Need help please

well... at what speed are they running? no matter what fan you get, if you get a lot of them (like you have) and run them at high speed they'll be loud.

My PC case is a phantom 820 and my case fans are 2x corsair af120 quiet, 2x corsair af140 quiet, 2x noctua fans p14 and p12, and 1x NZXT 220mm fan that is at 27db atleast on the website. All of those fans are supposed to be very quiet so why is my pc so loud the only other thing I could think of is my GPU's and there quiet to GTX 980TI hybrid's. Need help please

That's a lot of fans, dust build up can be a big reason

Set fan curves?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

could be hard drives. they usually have an audible hum

but define loud, are we talking jet engine, or just a bit to loud for your liking.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

That's a lot of fans, dust build up can be a big reason

No dust I just bought them and installed them.

well... at what speed are they running? no matter what fan you get, if you get a lot of them (like you have) and run them at high speed they'll be loud.

Only 2 of them are running at full speed on the radiators because there is no choice with the hybrids. The rest are at half speed

could be hard drives. they usually have an audible hum

but define loud, are we talking jet engine, or just a bit to loud for your liking.

Ok not jet engine loud but loud enough for my mic to pick up.

Well there's your problem then lol. Any fan running at max speed will be loud. Majority of fans running at half speed are clearly audible too. You want fans to be quite, you're looking into going 0-40% speed on them.

Ok not jet engine loud but loud enough for my mic to pick up.

or you have a shyte mic that picks up someone breathing on the other side of the house. (i've been in that place...)

or you have a shyte mic that picks up someone breathing on the other side of the house. (i've been in that place...)

It's a blu yeti

Ok then time to rewire I guess lol thx for help

corsair fans are NOT quiet

27db is NOT quiet

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

corsair fans are NOT quiet

27db is NOT quiet

Ok link me fans that are other than noctua

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The corsair fans are the quiet edition I wasn't saying they were quiet the run at 21db which is 2db away from the be quiet! Fans

Is 21db quiet then?

less than ~21DB is quiet

less than 16 or 17db is extremely quiet

Spoiler

Full and half speeds? There's your problem, they need lowering.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Try SpeedFan....takes a while to set up but it worth it..I've got a 14x fan set up and it's barely audible when it's idling.

Noise could be caused by vibration, you might want to try installing Fan rubber mounts for the fans that don't have any vibration/noise dampening.