Thinking about making a test bench for testing GPUS, will a Core2Duo board work?

So I have some spare 3ghz core2duo machines, they are HP workstation grade. They have two PCIe slots for videocards, meaning I could throw one of my 8400GT cards into one, and the GPU under test in the other. Is this a good idea? Would the motherboard reject any type of cards? Would it bottleneck it too far to where some load related issues might not show up?

What do you mean testing? Benchmarking them? Or just to see if they work? If just to see if they'll run then sure. Benchmark will be a big no. Although I'm not sure how power hungry GPU would manage if the PSU is not powerful enough. Idle power would be fine of course. I'm talking about those random GPU usage spikes. Those might cause a system crash? I have no idea.

If you want to know if the card WORKS, then yes, it will be plenty. If you want it for benchmarks, the cpu will bottleneck a modern gpu fairly heavily.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

So I have some spare 3ghz core2duo machines, they are HP workstation grade. They have two PCIe slots for videocards, meaning I could throw one of my 8400GT cards into one, and the GPU under test in the other. Is this a good idea? Would the motherboard reject any type of cards? Would it bottleneck it too far to where some load related issues might not show up?

Should be fine, u might need to saw off the pcie slot ends to make x16 cards fit if they dont have an x16 slot :) Good luck!