"Poorly Optimized Games"

Moondrelor

Seriously?

Is it just me, or is everyone these days saying, "Oh, this game is poorly optimized, the frames suck!"... Dude, it's your POS computer! Stop blaming the devs because you can't upgrade your potato hardware. This isn't your console shit. Devs push the limits of our hardware on PC's so we can have better graphics and better game play than you console plebs.

Does this irritate anyone else?

Do you actually agree with them?

Do you think it's just complete ignorance? 

What do you think? I'm lost for words now that I'm seeing it more and more.

WATCH_DOGS

BATMAN ARKHAM KNIGHT

LEGO WORLDS

dev's just care about not getting lashed for not getting enough code put out

RyanTheCanadian

Network Administration / Systems Management and Security / White Hat

My computer is the definition of scrapyard wars.

Seriously?

Is it just me, or is everyone these days saying, "Oh, this game is poorly optimized, the frames suck!"... Dude, it's your POS computer! Stop blaming the devs because you can't upgrade your potato hardware. This isn't your console shit. Devs push the limits of our hardware on PC's so we can have better graphics and better game play than you console plebs.

You also have to remember

there are shitty ports from console to PC, they exist 

RyanTheCanadian

Network Administration / Systems Management and Security / White Hat

My computer is the definition of scrapyard wars.

Well.. In a lot of cases there is bad optimization. Take Arkham knight for instance. The highest end graphics cards couldn't run it passed 720p and there was still stuttering. it was so badly optimized they had to actually recall it.

or Take assassin's creed unity, when it came out it was maxing out peoples i5's and then the game would freeze and the lowest end computer you could run it on involved a gtx 770. On low settings. thats an optimization issue. 

Or take for instance league of legends, there is nothing to that game, it should run fine on almost literally everything but if you were to play it on integrated graphics you probably still wouldnt get a steady 60 fps on high because they dont care to optimize their game. Mass effect 2 runs better than it and i think we both know which one looks better. 

In conclusions, sometimes people are just complaining, but a lot of the time especially these days its because studios wont fix their massive textures and bring polly counts down. 
Heck ubisoft has admitted in the past that they dont really care to optimize for PC.

Just Cause 3. It is one of the few games that uses ~10gb RAM at 1080p while gaming

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

Go play STALKER or DayZ (standalone) and then tell me it's my computer.

Is DayZ even out of Beta or Alpha? lol... Way to shoot down a game for being "poorly optimized" when it's not finished...

How about everyone take AAA titles out of the picture?

I've been seeing people complain about basic games being poorly optimized.

Since everyone else is complaining about "poorly optimized" games.

Well they're actually correct, if you pay attention to the the gaming media you'll always hear games performing like shit, relatively speaking. This wasn't really the case about 4 years ago. I have a i7 4770k and a gtx 970 4gb, and in games like far cry 4, i still get dropped frames, even though thats a huge game coming from a huge company like Ubisoft. I don't think it's the developer's fault though, it must be the higher-ups at these companies who only think with their wallets. Most developers I've seen seem like they're passionate, but the executives just need to release on schedule and just make sure the game is playable, even if it means shitty framerates, long load times, and crashes :(

It's ridiculous when  980Ti is required to play a game property.
Biggest problem is that those unoptimized games scales really badly and tend to have FPS drops all around. Batman performance is all over the place. From 30 to 60 for no reason. It craps itself when driving a car.
Meanwhile the Witcher 3 95% of the time varies between 40-50FPS.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Skyrim was also poorly optimized. At 60fps its fine, but at 144fps... alot of people have reported that despite having more than enough GPU horsepower to run it at that frame-rate regardless if they cranked the settings up or not, the game was abysmal to play at that refresh rate/at that frame rate. How abysmal?

The part that you either had to wait for a patch or a driver update (if there was one, let alone an appropriately working on at day one) or fix it yourself in the .ini or whatever in the game files... I say thats poorly optimized.

Seriously, ever since patches got even more trendy over time, devs lately have been releasing games that range from 1-99% polish (by polish, I mean functional polish, like if it works properly and shit). Its either we fix it ourselves or we wait for the fix. And for guys who even buy it on a sale/discount down the road, if it isn't polished enough, we technically paid for a faulty product. GTA:V for the PC wasn't exactly that well polished, but I didn't mind buying it at full price because it was polished enough that I'm happy with it. That said... even Witcher 3 had bugs and glitches, and as much as I love that game to bits... I'm glad that the game was just a gift. I didn't have to pay for it. If I did... I'd be rather upset with it.

How about everyone take AAA titles out of the picture?

I've been seeing people complain about basic games being poorly optimized.

Since everyone else is complaining about "poorly optimized" games.

Where else would you look for the best examples though? AAA games are supposed to be the final, polished, finished product that isn't a broken mess. I mean really think about it, all these games coming out performing like that, its as if they promised you a lawnmower and delivered a pair of scissors.

Is DayZ even out of Beta or Alpha? lol... Way to shoot down a game for being "poorly optimized" when it's not finished...

It's basically dead on its feet. Rocket left to work on other projects. The original DayZ mod actually has more support from the modding community.

At least, that's what was happening the last time I checked.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

DayZ has been in early access since 2013....

Where else would you look for the best examples though? AAA games are supposed to be the final, polished, finished product that isn't a broken mess. I mean really think about it, all these games coming out performing like that, its as if they promised you a lawnmower and delivered a pair of scissors.

My point is, that people are complaining about games that aren't poorly optimized, they might not be 100% optimized to run 100% perfectly, but people are starting to instantly jump the gun and say "OH MY GOD LOOK AT THIS SHIT! THE DEVS CAN'T EVEN OPTIMIZE THIS GAME FOR MY HARDWARE."

I'll probably still be in alpha for the next 10 years so you might as well judge it now.

Seriously?

Yes.

Dude, it's your POS computer! 

Doubtful.

Your post irritates me.

I agree with myself, yes.

I think you're just complete ignorance.

See above.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

Seriously?

Yes.

Dude, it's your POS computer! 

Doubtful.

Your post irritates me.

I agree with myself, yes.

I think you're just complete ignorance.

See above.

*golf clap* 

Fallout 4 runs on DX9, that's fucking lazy.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

My point is, that people are complaining about games that aren't poorly optimized, they might not be 100% optimized to run 100% perfectly, but people are starting to instantly jump the gun and say "OH MY GOD LOOK AT THIS SHIT! THE DEVS CAN'T EVEN OPTIMIZE THIS GAME FOR MY HARDWARE."

Okay, Could you give me some examples? Just for my own curiosity

Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord has been in production since 2012. What's your point.

Fallout 4 was in production for 5 years but it's still a buggy unfinished mess.

DayZ development has been pretty much dropped.