Dead silent pc

Spectator

Best way to make your as quite as possible? Is it possible to make it make no noise? I have an h440 , i7 4790k and a 970. I have 4 case fans installed and my cpu cooler is a 212

put it in another room

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If only that was practical

well, usb ports or hub on monitor and a long displayport or hdmi cable and you´re good to go

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

unplug the fans

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

actually... hmm you could go passive cooling, custom water cooling with LOTS of rads so that you dont need fans :P

unplug the fans

need to cool the gpu and cpu

Speedfan. For the case and CPU fan you can turn them off or on a low speed and turn it up as the temps increase. For the GPU, unless you have strix or twin frozr 5 cooler, you'll have to follow a user guide here 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/154956-how-to-properly-set-up-speedfan/

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/275897-tutorial-how-to-make-your-900-series-video-card-have-a-0-fan-mode/

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

actually... hmm you could go passive cooling, custom water cooling with LOTS of rads so that you dont need fans :P

The pumps make noise.

However, I actually succeeded in making this, how:

huge air cooler (gamer storm lucifer) on a downclocked 3770k without a fan (~3GHz, dependant on the air temp), downclocked gtx970 with 0RPM mode (just around 500MHz, not really for high end gaming but I OC it when I wanna game) and a RM750i PSU at 0RPM. Also, my case is open air and doesn't have any case fans.

Also, my HDD idles after 5 minutes of no use so that one doesn't make any sound either after that time.

Someone once said: "Having a rollercoaster on a PC would be epic"

So threw a rollercoaster on my K'nex PC: Project Dragon Khan- K'nex rollercoaster PC build

need to cool the gpu and cpu

nonsense

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

I have the msi 970 so the fans are off :D I think my issues is my psu fan. I think it's the loudest. I have s Cx 600m . Would a evga g2 be more quite?

The pumps make noise.

However, I actually succeeded in making this, how:

huge air cooler (gamer storm lucifer) on a downclocked 3770k without a fan (~3GHz, dependant on the air temp), downclocked gtx970 with 0RPM mode (just around 500MHz, not really for high end gaming but I OC it when I wanna game) and a RM750i PSU at 0RPM. Also, my case is open air and doesn't have any case fans.

Also, my HDD idles after 5 minutes of no use so that one doesn't make any sound either after that time.

the thing is tho a single pump is easy to silence if you just put sound dampening around it and just make room for the cords and such

I have the msi 970 so the fans are off :D I think my issues is my psu fan. I think it's the loudest. I have s Cx 600m . Would a evga g2 be more quite?

Go for a 0rpm mode PSU like the RM750i, it should solve your problem (if your CPU cooling can run passive too).

So threw a rollercoaster on my K'nex PC: Project Dragon Khan- K'nex rollercoaster PC build

the thing is tho a single pump is easy to silence if you just put sound dampening around it and just make room for the cords and such

It is still a bit of sound that will pass through, I can litterly put my ear in my PC when it's under full load and I won't hear anything in the mid of a quiet night. The topic title clearly states dead silent and anything that moves makes it non-dead silent.

Best way to make your as quite as possible? Is it possible to make it make no noise? I have an h440 , i7 4790k and a 970. I have 4 case fans installed and my cpu cooler is a 212

If you want to DIY it get noise cancelling foam, cut it and glue it into your case. Or you can buy a case that has noise cancelling foam. Make sure your GPU and anything with moving parts doesn't vibrate in the case and make sure your power supply is quiet. My PC is really loud because of the Potato PSU I have.

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

It is still a bit of sound that will pass through, I can litterly put my ear in my PC when it's under full load and I won't hear anything in the mid of a quiet night. The topic title clearly states dead silent and anything that moves makes it non-dead silent.

true tho his post says "Best way to make your as quite as possible? " and if possible no noise :P and while yours might be dead silent when idle making it silent while running under full load is important aswell, going to try for this in my next build tho im going for case and watercooling and silent fans with dual rads so i can run them on low rpms, i think thats the closest you can get for a "normal" build to be quiet.

Two words: Noctua Fans

(+ silent case like Define R5, SilentBase, H440)

I have a GS and it's pretty quiet, but like @tomaatvk said, you can get 0rpm or fanless PSU which would be even better.

give it to Linus... That is if it's a server.

I7-6700k @ 4.8Ghz, EVGA Z170 Classified, Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8 32 GB, EVGA FTW+ ACX 2.0 GeForce GTX 980ti 6 GB x3, 2Tb WD Black x3, 1Tb Samsung 850 Evo, 400Gb Intel NVME PCIE SSD, Corsair RMx 850w 80+ Gold, Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Brown RGB, SteelSeries Sensei Raw

true tho his post says "Best way to make your as quite as possible? " and if possible no noise :P and while yours might be dead silent when idle making it silent while running under full load is important aswell, going to try for this in my next build tho im going for case and watercooling and silent fans with dual rads so i can run them on low rpms, i think thats the closest you can get for a "normal" build to be quiet.

Dead silent under full load even, just not under full overclock. When I run Prime95 and furmark at 3GHz CPU and 500MHz GPU the temps stay at a max of 75°C without any noise, however, when I run my pc at the regular 4.8GHz CPU and 1557MHz GPU the fans need to spin to keep it cool, even at idle with it being incredibly loud under full load.

This is however the best way to make it as quiet as possible, no noise at all. However, you do have to hand in some speed or quite some money.

Quiet fans and a quiet PSU.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

What fans have you got installed?

If all you can hear is air through your vents, then lower the fan speeds. If you can hear humming, rattling... then is probably caused by vibration. First thing is identify what is causing the vibration. It may just need refitting or so.

If all fails then go for noise dampening material.